US swallowed $9.7 billion loss on General Motors bailout

US took a $9.7 billion bath on GM and Detroit still went bankrupt.

What is Obama going to do to save the Motor City? Or does he not care anymore now that he has been reelected?

That was money well spent -- it got him 4 more years in office to continue his destructive policies. No reason for any more concern.

How much did Reagan give to Chrysler to keep it floating?

Tip O'Neil & the Democrats controlled the House then, to be fair and balanced you should blame them...You know, if you're interested in actually being fair & balanced, that is..:lol:

Not really, Reagan takes the blame, same with his allowing the illegals to all become citizens, he signed the law.

$9.7 billion to save the auto industry

$24 billion to show how stupid is TeaPology

As far as I understand it most Tea Party members believe in following the Constitution, government spending what they take in (fiscally responsible), reducing the national debt and reducing the size of government..

You have a problem with that Jake .. or ..are you ready to come out as a raving liberal?

How much did Reagan give to Chrysler to keep it floating?

Tip O'Neil & the Democrats controlled the House then, to be fair and balanced you should blame them...You know, if you're interested in actually being fair & balanced, that is..:lol:

Not really, Reagan takes the blame, same with his allowing the illegals to all become citizens, he signed the law.

I expected and observe preferential outrage...:lol:

..no seriously...:lol:

As far as I understand it most Tea Party members believe in following the Constitution, government spending what they take in (fiscally responsible), reducing the national debt and reducing the size of government..

You have a problem with that Jake .. or ..are you ready to come out as a raving liberal?

Then they should work for that and not waste 24 billion dollars. Right, Lumpy1?

The TPM has done absolutely nothing. Where is their plans for job creations and to jump start a sluggish economy.

When one is the minority end of the minority party, one has to compromise

The TPM has done absolutely nothing. Where is their plans for job creations and to jump start a sluggish economy.

I get the feeling you'd appreciate the Tea Party movement if they were cowards like liberal Democrat and rino Republicans and refused to stand on and fight for true American principles.

I expected and observe preferential outrage...:lol:

..no seriously...:lol:

The worst thing of it is we had to drive those crappy Chrysler trucks in the military as part of the bailout program.

I get the feeling you'd appreciate the Tea Party movement if they were cowards like liberal Democrat and rino Republicans and refused to stand on and fight for true American principles.

True American principles-which ones are those? the let 'em die crowd is no where near political parties of the past in the US of A. Only one president got rid of the Fed banks and balanced the budget and that was 190 years ago.

$24 billion out of the economy is still a bill we are footing.

The nuts in the GOP held a gun to the country's head. The country has a policy of not negotiating with terrorists and hostage takers...with good reason.

That's exactly right and Wall Street and every major economist agrees with the $24 billion hit our economy took because of the Shutdown. It's measured in lost productivity and lost revenue, and then longterm it's measured in things like higher interest rates and the extra money it will cost to borrow money because lenders are a little more skeptical now of us because they understand that one political party in the country is opposed to paying the country's bills.

Nonsense. The federal employees are all getting Back Pay, so nothing has been taken out of the economy in the way you mean it. And all of the suppliers will get paid.

So if you operated the Subway sandwich shop in the lobby of a Federal Building and nobody on floors 2-50 came to work, you don't think your business would be effected?
Or if you ran the cleaning company for the building, delivered paper to the building, etc...

It's not what they believe that's important. It's what they have done, shutting down government, electing freshmen politicians that have no idea how to run the government, creating the largest surge in bills that attack women’s rights in the history of the country, and reminding America that racism still exist.

Patriotic rhetoric and radicalism is not working. Only 8% of the voters now identify themselves as Tea Party members and only 21% of the public have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party.

Last edited:
Could have been worse...

Could have been 9.7 Trillion (with a "T")...

You know...

Like the bath we're about to take on ObumbleCare?

True American principles-which ones are those? the let 'em die crowd is no where near political parties of the past in the US of A. Only one president got rid of the Fed banks and balanced the budget and that was 190 years ago.

I see your problem, being a Democrat and not being bought up with principles.

Democrats having a minimum of principles died with Kennedy.

US took a $9.7 billion bath on GM and Detroit still went bankrupt.

What is Obama going to do to save the Motor City? Or does he not care anymore now that he has been reelected?

That was money well spent -- it got him 4 more years in office to continue his destructive policies. No reason for any more concern.

Given that we'd have spent more than that if GM had collapsed and we had to pay unemployment for years for GM workers and workers at companies at mine that provide parts for GM, 9.7 is a BARGAIN in the long run.

[

I see your problem, being a Democrat and not being bought up with principles.

Democrats having a minimum of principles died with Kennedy.

Republicans having a minimum of principles died with Ike.

That number is not accurate because it doesn't take into account how much additional tax revenue the government made, and how much less in benefits it had to pay out,

because of the jobs that were saved by keeping GM going.

Democrats footed the bill for failure and you support it, that's the bottom line.

It was a success, your inane denial notwithstanding.
So, losing $9.7 billion dollars on an investment is a success to you.

Remind me not to take any investment advice from progressives. They SUCK at it.

Ahh, yes, the left's version of "compromise": "STFU and do exactly what we tell you, you racist!!"

Forum List

Back