USMB Coffee Shop IV

mmm .. the none of my business but my nosy anyway guy is asking what were you doing until 9:23 in the morning?

btw.. pleased to meet you and I'm pleasantly impressed... :eusa_angel:

LOL. Corazon is in Manila, Phillipines. So right now it's almost 8 a.m. there, just a wee bit earlier than Australia. It's going on 1 a.m. in London and it's dinner time in New Mexico. I can sort of work all that in my head but it's tough because I'm one that uses the international date line but it really doesn't compute for me.

Corazon is a sweetheart. We've loved having her in the Coffee Shop

OK... well how about the new face on USMB?

Not sure I like it. Lacks definition.

I think they need to replace the "love" emoji with a "great post" emoji ..

I just don't see myself sending a guy a "love" emoji unless I'm somehow related.. (Lumpy old school, I guess)

One nice thing about being an 'old lady' even though I don't feel like one is that you can use a LOVE emoji with anybody. :)

mmm .. the none of my business but my nosy anyway guy is asking what were you doing until 9:23 in the morning?

LOL. Corazon is in Manila, Phillipines. So right now it's almost 8 a.m. there, just a wee bit earlier than Australia. It's going on 1 a.m. in London and it's dinner time in New Mexico. I can sort of work all that in my head but it's tough because I'm one that uses the international date line but it really doesn't compute for me.

makes sense.. and yes, she does seem a sweetheart.

Not sure I like it. Lacks definition.

Hey 007. You haven't been here in ages. Good to see you. And yes, they had to upgrade the Xenforo as the old interface wasn't being supported any longer or something so we're all getting used to it, but it works well enough. Just as soon as they get rid of the thumbs down emoji and restore some we really enjoyed having, it will be okay.

It looks like all or most of the old V-Bulletin boards will be going away soon. At least two that I still post on once in a blue moon are exploring options of adopting Xenforo.

Last edited:
Went to the bank today everyone inside wearing mask there was a time people in a bank wearing mask would have created major panic.
Your bank lobbies are open? If you want to do banking business, you have to use the drive through here, or make an appointment if it's something that can't be done out the car window.
Well, another light in the darkness... I spoke to my daughter yesterday and they are on lockdown, too. Being a military base in a foreign country means they are even more restricted than most of us. The girls are no longer in school, school work being done on line. Hubby's team is no longer going on missions for the duration. My daughter is a bit depressed because she did value her quiet time alone during the day and the time to clean the house, etc. But being confined together has apparently brought the girls back together closer than they have been for years. The giggles and laughter from upstairs, they visit each other's rooms, experiment with hair styles and make up, read online articles and blogs together are a bright spot in my daughter's day. The girls have become friends again. They are also helping a lot more around the house and preparing family meals.

Our bank lobby is open with a skeleton work force--at most 3 tellers on duty including the supervisor. Floors marked with 6' intervals and you can't do much banking other than deposits and withdrawals.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop odanny . Be sure to read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and then keep on joining in.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

Not sure what's in this one so hope it doesn't taste fishy:
1587860186663.png

Just getting caught up, I saw where we were talking early computers... I don't know what they called the computer I sort of used back in the 70's but I had an ARPANET account and a room full of IT guys to operate the 2 rooms worth of computer while I advised my IBM card puncher what he needed to punch....

I think I had a good aptitude for the new mechanized machines of the 60's & 70's as I invariably wound up running them on various jobs over those years. Hombre was transferred a LOT and I had to start over in each new town, sometimes moving to new jobs until I found a good fit. But those machines did bookkeeping, payroll, and such at that, essentially simple computers for that era.

Just getting caught up, I saw where we were talking early computers... I don't know what they called the computer I sort of used back in the 70's but I had an ARPANET account and a room full of IT guys to operate the 2 rooms worth of computer while I advised my IBM card puncher what he needed to punch....

My company clerk and I had to go to "computer" classes in '76. It consisted of learning how to blacken in the squares on a sheet of paper with a number 2 pencil. An example was making a company roster of approx 160 people. I would put it in distribution to personnel and they would run it through the huuuuuge computers. A day or two later I would get back a 20 foot long print-out, mistakes and all, along with a stack of error cards which had to be corrected by blacking out the squares with the correct info. Then I would get back the final roster. At first I would get back error cards a couple more times until the roster came back with no cards. After that the clerk took care of the computer work and I could sit back and give him hell for getting error cards. Computers sure have advanced since the early days.

Okay we're back up and running yet again everybody. Sorry I wasn't here earlier but hope we don't lose folks in the transition.

And the statistics so far:

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.
USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.
The USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and is closing on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

The original two Coffee Shops had acquired roughly 100,000 more views before CK had to delete them. I really hate losing all those great photos, especially of those of us who frequent the Coffee Shop, but oh well.

But at any rate, the stats for the Coffee Shop record now stand at 109,193 posts and roughly 3,904,309 views.

375 different people (give or take a few due to name changes) have posted in the Coffee Shop at some time.

I like to think this record is because of the really special people we have learned to get to know and love in the Coffee Shop, and the genuine affection, concern, and encouragement that can be found there. And there's always room for more folks who need or want or appreciate that.

Long live the Coffee Shop!!!
Yo you have any spare toilet paper

I got gold bullion

Okay we're back up and running yet again everybody. Sorry I wasn't here earlier but hope we don't lose folks in the transition.

The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.
USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.
The USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and is closing on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

The original two Coffee Shops had acquired roughly 100,000 more views before CK had to delete them. I really hate losing all those great photos, especially of those of us who frequent the Coffee Shop, but oh well.

But at any rate, the stats for the Coffee Shop record now stand at 109,193 posts and roughly 3,904,309 views.

375 different people (give or take a few due to name changes) have posted in the Coffee Shop at some time.

I like to think this record is because of the really special people we have learned to get to know and love in the Coffee Shop, and the genuine affection, concern, and encouragement that can be found there. And there's always room for more folks who need or want or appreciate that.

I got gold bullion

Alas esalla, we could spare a roll or two maybe. We have two orders out with one batch of toilet paper due to arrive mid May and the second sometime in June. It's crazy.

But welcome to the Coffee Shop and USMB. Happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep on joining in.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage and since it is bedtime for most of us, we'll make yours a nightcap:

Attachments

• 1587878908781.png
    1587878908781.png
    423.4 KB · Views: 30

I got gold bullion

Alas esalla, we could spare a roll or two maybe. We have two orders out with one batch of toilet paper due to arrive mid May and the second sometime in June. It's crazy.

But welcome to the Coffee Shop and USMB. Happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here and keep on joining in.

First timers receive a complimentary beverage and since it is bedtime for most of us, we'll make yours a nightcap:
I don't want a drink or to join your club, I do want to be able to wipe my ass as I have become accustomed to and perhaps to know why toilet paper went out of favor

Thanks Foxfyre! So kind of you! :smiliehug:
I think I'm not the only sweetheart here on this board :adoreheart:

Hi Lumpy1 :bye1:
nice to meet you too! :smile:
during this quarantine I've been doing the same things...almost everyday...lol :)
Surfing the web, listen to the music, watching tv! :biggrin:

Yea ! I worked for a company in the 1960s who had a computer that was a room full of cabinets of valves. They tried to use it to do the payroll but could not get it to work properly. It was not even as powerful as a modern pocket calculator .

Then some time in the early 1990's I purchased an original IBM computer from a junk shop. I took the lid off and saw how well it was designed, and how easy it was to upgrade. and by the end of the week I had upgraded it to an XT. That was just the beginning of a long acquaintance with IBM compatibles, and building my own computer from parts. But technology left me behind because of so many changes in boards and connection sockets, so I had my local shop build my last computer for me. It works perfectly well for everything except the latest games, which demand more power that it has.

gallantwarrior

GW several years ago you and I were telling each other war stories about our careers in the airline industry and I asked you if the bear was still inside Anchorage International... If I remember correctly you didn't believe it was... I have proof that it was there at one time... If my recollection serves me correctly this photo was taken of me and the bear in 1986... I was in Anchorage to piss out a fire with a customer that was needing special attention... Some 2-bit charter airline based out of Los Angeles from 1984 to 1990... They had three L-1011's and a a whole shitload of liquor... The liquor lasted longer than the Tristar's did...

I was discharged from the Army in 1978 and said the day I received my separation papers I was not going to shave ever again... I lied... When I worked for Dynair and was offered the position of Manager of Ramp Operations I was a Ramp Supervisor with a beard... People do silly stuff for money... I was going to make about 12 grand a year more taking the promotion... I could buy a lot of razor blades for that... Anyway here is the Big Brown Bear...

1587960502146.png

Forum List

Back