USMB Coffee Shop IV

my youngest son zip lining yesterday

3-020814141716.jpeg

Used to have one at Ft Bragg where after about 150 ft you had to drop 20 feet into the water.... Either that or slam into a cliff wall.... I don't think I'd do that today....

I really hope this doesn't gain any traction.:eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQRy5lSbXU]Drop Your Pants* for Depend® Underwareness* - YouTube[/ame]

And on that note, considering the two very exiting days I have had with the Stat-Stomach-episode-of-2014, I will say that dinner was delicious, my first real meal in 2 days. And it is staying down. And I don't need depends.

Amen. Hallelujah.

One member here thinks it might be a case of mild food poisoning, and I agree. Now that I am almost out of the woods, Good Lord, that kind of stuff really, really tires a guy out.

I'm back off to bed now.

See y'all tomorrow.

Good evening, everybody. Have been laying low all day. Left leg (mostly in the knee area but elsewhere too) was aching and that's what woke be me this morning but for right now it doesn't hurt at all. I've decided that a shot and a half of Jack Daniels seems to do it as much good as anything else. Maybe that's the cure. Can't for the likes of me figure out what is wrong with it. Hope the pain stays away tonight and I can catch up on my sleep. If not, I'll be the most grumpy person at Mass tomorrow morning. I'll be going to Mass alone tomorrow because Mrs. BBD worked today and will work tomorrow for the John Deere Historic Site in Grand Detour, IL. She used to work there full-time as a tour guide before she retired but now only works there two weekends a year at a couple of special events they have. Looking ahead at the month of August, I'm going to be a busy guy. I have two medical appointments a week for the whole month. When everybody get finished poking and prodding me, I should be the healthiest guy on the planet or at least know what's wrong with me. For now though, I best get back to that Jack Daniels medication.

I read those nasty comments directed towards the Washington Redskins, and those of us who think they are just wonderful and I hope those of you that have ill-will towards this particular football institution can some how have a "come together" meeting with what ever your higher power might be. Shame on you. If you can't find it in your heart to root for the Redskins than you should at least root for the Green Bay Packers. You are forgiven.

I read those nasty comments directed towards the Washington Redskins, and those of us who think they are just wonderful and I hope those of you that have ill-will towards this particular football institution can some how have a "come together" meeting with what ever your higher power might be. Shame on you. If you can't find it in your heart to root for the Redskins than you should at least root for the Green Bay Packers. You are forgiven.

GO Foreski....... errrrr Redskins!

Interesting thing this past week.
The company I work for is being bought out by another company.
In the past, I've worked for companies that bought other companies. I've never worked for the company that was being bought.
As an IT employee, my job/department will be highly needed to merge the computer systems of two Fortune 500 companies. During my tenure with the company I've done IT support and development for merchandising, logistics and currently finance. Exciting times and I know the systems inside and out from both an operational and IT perspective. I'm sitting in the catbird seat.

That happened to me a couple of years ago. They flew us all in to HQ in Toronto to map out their vision of the future, telling us "you guys are gonna be busier than you've ever been!"

Six months later we found out what they meant; we were indeed busier than ever ---looking for work somebody else to work for. The few that they kept on got the short end of the stick; they got worked into the ground.

First clue was when we all went to check in in Toronto and were told, "um... this room isn't paid for..."

I was going to issue that warning but you beat me to it. I've worked for three large companies that were purchased. The problem with these huge mergers is that both companies have IT departments; CEOs; Human Resource departments; etc. In every case, heads were chopped a few short months after the acquisition was complete. Just be the best at what you do and you should be safe but I've seen really good folks walk out the door with a pink slip.
Being the best at what you do is good, but it's even better if you know the right people. If you know the President, Vice President, and some of the CEOs on a first name basis, and routinely have lunch with them, no matter what your position, you are in a good position. A good position in terms of job security, and also for a promotion whenever an opportunity presents itself.

my youngest son zip lining yesterday

3-020814141716.jpeg

I did Outward Bound my senior year in High School. Lots of Rock climbing up 200 ft vertical rock faces and then jumping off at the top. Most of it was completely crazy.

Good times...but I would never do it again. :)

Never say never.;)

I still have my climbing ropes in my trunk. not sure if they'll ever see use again, but I'm not ready to part with them

Going to go take my Saturday night shower and slip into some fresh undies and then slip into bed. Don't you just hate it when you take a shower and your socks get wet?

I really hope this doesn't gain any traction.:eek:

Drop Your Pants* for Depend® Underwareness* - YouTube

Don't care much about the commercial/video but the name brings back a funny memory...

Last time i had a Heart catherization they took me from my room on a gurney down to the heart center. The 2 nurses asked if i could walk, and i replied that yes aI could even run if they would like. Anyway I got off the gurney and was just 2 steps from my new hospital bed when the younger nurse says, "Hold it right there buster , drop those drawers."

I explained that my wife wouldn't appreciate it but as a nearly 60 year old man she really had made my day.....

Forum List

Back