USMB Coffee Shop IV

Way to go. I missed that dot. You would make an excellent reporter. :) There are three differences.
Aw, shucks, Foxfyre thanks for kind words.

Good news. I'm feeling better after losing weight and getting my knee fixed last May. My brother noticed I had lost a lot of weight, and it made my day. I fast some days if I go for 3 days without losing a pound. Fasting is a lot easier after the first three days. And it feels so good to feel good.
:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Ahhhh, coffee is good this morning. I'm not having as much luck as when I was pouring hazelnut coffee mate in the cup with 15 seconds of nuking it before actually adding the high-antioxidant kava grounds into mr. baseball star, the late Joe Demaggio's Mr. Coffeemaker, God rest his soul.

Last edited:
I don't drink coffee, but I like the smell of it, so that counts.

Howdy. :)
Welcome to the Coffee Shop Confederate Soldier and drinking coffee is not required in the Coffee Shop. We have an unlimited choice of beverages and and unlimited cuisine overall. We're happy you found us and keep on joining in. First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. It's August so we'll opt for something tall and cold, high octane or not as you prefer:

1629231992921.png

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Confederate Soldier and drinking coffee is not required in the Coffee Shop. We have an unlimited choice of beverages and and unlimited cuisine overall. We're happy you found us and keep on joining in. First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage. It's August so we'll opt for something tall and cold, high octane or not as you prefer:

View attachment 527162

Why thank you, looks mighty fine. :D

I recently went relic hunting up in Pennsylvania and came back with family history, and rare American artifacts. :D
I used to love doing that kind of stuff. I have/had an uncle by marriage who was head of the Anthropology/Archeology Dept. at what was then West Texas State at Canyon TX. In addition to being the head curator at the really fine museum at the university, he used to go on a lot of digs and I was lucky enough to accompany him on a few of those. Great fun. Ringel05 is our Civil War expert in the Coffee Shop. Don't know that he is a relic hunter but he joins in the re-enactments here and there and makes his own very authentic costumes.

I used to love doing that kind of stuff. I have/had an uncle by marriage who was head of the Anthropology/Archeology Dept. at what was then West Texas State at Canyon TX. In addition to being the head curator at the really fine museum at the university, he used to go on a lot of digs and I was lucky enough to accompany him on a few of those. Great fun. Ringel05 is our Civil War expert in the Coffee Shop. Don't know that he is a relic hunter but he joins in the re-enactments here and there and makes his own very authentic costumes.
Well I wouldn't consider myself an expert but I am quite knowledgeable in some aspects of the War Between the States. Granted I haven't done any CW reenacting since before we left Virginia. Got bored with it and had taken up WWII reenacting. Now I just do mid 1700s, 1820s and 1870s-80s.
Never did any relic hunting, was never interested but I knew quite a few people who did.

Doing better, still very tired though, guess this older and larger body needs more time to recover. Besides for some odd reason I only sleep a few hours at a time, don't know what's causing that, maybe the meds I'm on. I just woke up after two hours of sleep........ I'll probably go back to bed in an hour.

Doing better, still very tired though, guess this older and larger body needs more time to recover. Besides for some odd reason I only sleep a few hours at a time, don't know what's causing that, maybe the meds I'm on. I just woke up after two hours of sleep........ I'll probably go back to bed in an hour.
I think about you every day and wonder how you're doing. I hear you re the sleep issue. With the okay of my doctor friend and I'll clear it with my primary doc next month, I take two acetaminophen (Tylenol) 500 mg PM plus a 10 mg melatonin every night when I go to bed. I still wake up one or two times a night but go right back to sleep. I do plan on easing back on the high dose melatonin when the current supply runs out but it has sure helped me get a good night's sleep. Admittedly the PM tabs leave me a bit groggy when I first wake up in the morning but it wears off after a few minutes.

Got the catheter out today and now the problem isn't pissing, it's not pissing......... Up until about an hour ago I leaked like a faucet with bad seals. Getting better though.

Forum List

Back