Virginia Halts Concealed Carry Reciprocity With 25 States

So you want fugitives from justice to be armed? Why am I not surprised?

Obviously, no one is saying that. And you know that. Also, what this Communist did, may be illegal. He is not a Legislator. This may not be implemented. He may have overstepped and abused his power. It will be challenged.

And you may shit and then fall back in it. That was one of the reasons that state uses to deny a license., but other states don't. Why should they allow people from other states that don't meet their standards?

because the 2nd Amendment is a right….not a choice of activity the state allows or refuses to allow…..the democrat states during Jim Crow had poll taxes and literacy tests…….that was the standard they set for the practice of voting…but voting is a right and poll taxes and literacy tests are infringements on that right…so they had to be abolished….and the democrats had to change tactics….

Quit whining and make up your mind. I guess you're just for states rights on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

This wasn't done by the Legislature or the People of Virginia. It was done by one overzealous Anti-Constitution Communist/Progressive. The People of Virginia haven't had their say. They won't until the Virginia Legislature intervenes. This will be challenged. Bet on it.

I have no doubt the gun nuts will whine about it. I just doubt they can do anything about it.

Obviously, no one is saying that. And you know that. Also, what this Communist did, may be illegal. He is not a Legislator. This may not be implemented. He may have overstepped and abused his power. It will be challenged.

And you may shit and then fall back in it. That was one of the reasons that state uses to deny a license., but other states don't. Why should they allow people from other states that don't meet their standards?

because the 2nd Amendment is a right….not a choice of activity the state allows or refuses to allow…..the democrat states during Jim Crow had poll taxes and literacy tests…….that was the standard they set for the practice of voting…but voting is a right and poll taxes and literacy tests are infringements on that right…so they had to be abolished….and the democrats had to change tactics….

Quit whining and make up your mind. I guess you're just for states rights on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

This wasn't done by the Legislature or the People of Virginia. It was done by one overzealous Anti-Constitution Communist/Progressive. The People of Virginia haven't had their say. They won't until the Virginia Legislature intervenes. This will be challenged. Bet on it.

I have no doubt the gun nuts will whine about it. I just doubt they can do anything about it.

Vote out the clinton minion next election.

Why? For making sure that people carrying guns at least meet the state requirements for carrying guns? Why would they have any laws if only the people who live in their state are required to abide by those laws while there? That's like saying "We limit our highway speed to 70 MPH, but if you live in another state, you can drive as fast as you want while you're here"

Why? For making sure that people carrying guns at least meet the state requirements for carrying guns? Why would they have any laws if only the people who live in their state are required to abide by those laws while there? That's like saying "We limit our highway speed to 70 MPH, but if you live in another state, you can drive as fast as you want while you're here"

Because carrying a gun is a civil right......you could not have democrats putting Poll Taxes and literacy tests in the south to keep blacks from voting, because voting was a civil right...same with guns........carrying a gun as a citizen is a right, not something the state can grant or take away....

At least one state fallen victim to this abuse has a bill pending in the legislature to no longer honor Virginia driver's licenses.

Good on them!

(now watch the anguished cries for a link!)

I guess Virginia doesn't trust other states to keep guns out of the hands of killers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/23/u...oncealed-gun-permits-from-25-states.html?_r=0

Virginia will no longer recognize concealed handgun permits issued by 25 other states, its attorney general announced Tuesday, a stark change in policy for a state known for its expansive gun rights.

The announcement by Attorney General Mark R. Herring, a Democrat, means that permit-holding residents of the 25 states, which span the country from Alaska to Florida, will no longer be able to carry concealed weapons in Virginia, beginning Feb. 1. Virginia is revoking its so-called reciprocity agreements with those states.

Mr. Herring made the decision, his office said in a statement, after “months of research and evaluation,” including an audit of 30 states whose concealed handgun permits have been considered valid in Virginia. All but five of those states, he said, grant permits to people who would be barred from carrying concealed weapons in Virginia.

Oh, he's a Democrat. That explains it all

Because carrying a gun is a civil right......you could not have democrats putting Poll Taxes and literacy tests in the south to keep blacks from voting, because voting was a civil right...same with guns........carrying a gun as a citizen is a right, not something the state can grant or take away....

Nope. Make up your mind. Either states have the right to regulate the carrying of guns or they don't. Do you want all those decisions made at a federal level? I do, but that's not how it works.

Nope. Make up your mind. Either states have the right to regulate the carrying of guns or they don't. Do you want all those decisions made at a federal level? I do, but that's not how it works.

Nope.....the 2nd Amendment is a civil right...and states cannot deny law abiding citizens access to that right....that they do now is because they haven't been pushed back on it....just like when the democrats used poll taxes and literacy tests in southern states to keep blacks from exercising their right to vote.

The can regulate wether a felon can carry a gun, but not a law abiding citizen.....you can't say that some citizens can't vote because they didn't graduate from high school, or can't pay a fee for the ballot.....same with guns.

Nope.....the 2nd Amendment is a civil right...and states cannot deny law abiding citizens access to that right....that they do now is because they haven't been pushed back on it....just like when the democrats used poll taxes and literacy tests in southern states to keep blacks from exercising their right to vote.

The can regulate wether a felon can carry a gun, but not a law abiding citizen.....you can't say that some citizens can't vote because they didn't graduate from high school, or can't pay a fee for the ballot.....same with guns.

Can your average law abiding citizen carry a fully automatic weapon? A grenade? A cannon?

They can regulate how and where guns are carried. Doesn't matter if you think they should be able to. They can.

Can your average law abiding citizen carry a fully automatic weapon? A grenade? A cannon?

A fully automatic weapon, yes. Grenades and cannons probably not, they don't fit into the small arms category of the military. I fall into the category that whatever the police and military can carry, so to the people who pay their salaries and provide their equipment....

The rule of thumb is whatever the police and military gets, so too the citizen........that way you don't get the German Model of gun control that you saw in the 1930s-40s.........things didn't go well under the German model.......and of course the German Model is exactly what the gun grabbers want...

They can regulate how and where guns are carried. Doesn't matter if you think they should be able to. They can.

they can...now....and I will give money and support to people who will change that violation of basic civil rights........so you are all in for democrats and the poll taxes they used to keep blacks from voting...good to know.....

A fully automatic weapon, yes. Grenades and cannons probably not, they don't fit into the small arms category of the military. I fall into the category that whatever the police and military can carry, so to the people who pay their salaries and provide their equipment....

The rule of thumb is whatever the police and military gets, so too the citizen........that way you don't get the German Model of gun control that you saw in the 1930s-40s.........things didn't go well under the German model.......and of course the German Model is exactly what the gun grabbers want...

The German model? Technically, that's not really a thing, it's not a standard for gun control. What is their model now?

Just the same, you're not allowed to have fully automatic weapons, the military is. Is that the German model and how come the 2nd amendment failed so miserably?

Any category you might want to put yourself in doesn't matter in the least. The laws are the laws, and you might as well get used to it.

Any category you might want to put yourself in doesn't matter in the least. The laws are the laws, and you might as well get used to it.

Yeah...that is what they used to say about killing babies...and then they changed the law.....dittos redefining marriage, now bakers are arrested......

Laws change.....this violation of civil rights needs to change.

The German model? Technically, that's not really a thing, it's not a standard for gun control. What is their model now?

Just the same, you're not allowed to have fully automatic weapons, the military is. Is that the German model and how come the 2nd amendment failed so miserably?

Yes...the German Model of gun control made popular by the people who ran the death camps.

Yeah...that is what they used to say about killing babies...and then they changed the law.....dittos redefining marriage, now bakers are arrested......

Laws change.....this violation of civil rights needs to change.

Of course laws change as new facts are revealed. Such as homosexuality is not a sickness. That's not going to help you own fully automatic weapons.

Here you go...this is the German Model of gun control...now the popular model of anti gun extremists here in the U.S.....

The German Model for gun control.

Yes...the German Model of gun control made popular by the people who ran the death camps.

Not really, those laws were already in affect. How strict are Germany's laws today?

Forum List

Back