Zone1 Was The Garden Of Eden A Real Place?

Nope. I think the writers were selling a new religion and couldn't resist embellishing the life of a Holy man.

Like they borrowed from old testament scriptures to "prove" Jesus was the expected messiah. They borrowed from Isaiah, Hosea, Psalm 22 and so forth.

The only other explanation is that the scriptures were wrong and the Jews got it all wrong. Where does that leave you?
So you believe Jesus was raised from the dead but you don't believe that Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus? Why do you believe in one and not the other?

The only other explanation is that the scriptures were wrong and the Jews got it all wrong. Where does that leave you?
The way I see it is that it was either a massive conspiracy theory of epic proportion or it really did happen. Lot's of good evidence, reasons and logic for believing it wasn't the former.

There is of course no good evidence or logic whatsoever that would render a resurrection to be likely true.

Because it is impossible. It doesn't and can't happen.

Is that two guys insisting they can just say "magic!", and then anything is possible?

If not.. it's not relevant.

Only if you dismiss the written manuscripts of the account.
That definitely is not good evidence.

I don't have to dismiss it at all. I can throw it on the pile of other fiction. No rational person would believe something impossible happened just because some people claimed it happened. How absurd.

You are a liar. You don't believe Jesus was born of a Virgin. You don't believe He was raised from the dead. You don't believe in Hell , that erases His sacrifice. You don't believe in a literal creation. You are a despicable human being.

I feel sorry for you.

So you believe Jesus was raised from the dead but you don't believe that Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus? Why do you believe in one and not the other?

Choice. I'm not much for the supernatural. I don't think much of original sin or blood sacrifice either.

That definitely is not good evidence.

I don't have to dismiss it at all. I can throw it on the pile of other fiction. No rational person would believe something impossible happened just because some people claimed it happened. How absurd.
It's literally tangible evidence in existence. So don't tell me there's no evidence.

Choice. I'm not much for the supernatural. I don't think much of original sin or blood sacrifice either.
An illogical choice. You can claim "you're not much for the supernatural," but the reality is you have admitted in believing in a supernatural event. So you are selective in your beliefs and have no good reason to believe one and not the others. The reality is you have acknowledged believing in a miracle; a supernatural event.

An illogical choice. You can claim "you're not much for the supernatural," but the reality is you have admitted in believing in a supernatural event. So you are selective in your beliefs and have no good reason to believe one and not the others. The reality is you have acknowledged believing in a miracle; a supernatural event.

Just the resurrection which is enough of a miracle.
What tangible evidence are you talking about?

It's said that where the Tigrus and Euphrates meet it is the most fertile soil on the planet.

This is supposed to be originally the area that the Garden of Eden was located.

This is in Iraq.

One of my buddies who spent time in Iraq after Desert Storm said there's a place in Iraq where you can grow anything without fertilizer or water.

Yes. The Bible describes it as an actual place. If you believe the Bible is the Word of God and an actual history Book then we must trust that Eden was an actual place.

Yes. The Bible describes it as an actual place. If you believe the Bible is the Word of God and an actual history Book then we must trust that Eden was an actual place.

Some think Bahrain is Eden because of the springs in the ocean floor. The have also found 4000 clay tablets with stories that predate Abraham.

Just the resurrection which is enough of a miracle.
What tangible evidence are you talking about?
The written manuscripts which detail the 3 1/2 year ministry of Christ and the miracles he performed are tangible evidence.

And if you believe in the miracle of resurrection it's illogical for you to dismiss the other miracles.

Forum List

Back