Was this a Good day for Trump or for Comey?

It looks like Comey gave a little bit to everybody. There was no smoking gun but it is not good when the FBI Director calls the President a liar and feels the need to take detailed notes to protect himself. Also his lawyers did not help by continuing to deny that Trump asked Comey to lay off Flynn. Donald Trump Jr did his father no favors with his twitter rant.

Comey did say that Trump was not under investigation but that was not really important at this time. Watergate started with what seemed to be a third rate burglary and no one dreamed at the time it would lead to the President.

If Trump's approval ratings are falling as suggested by Quinnipiac, nothing happened today to arrest the slide.

Do you have any proof that the Russians fucked up our election process? POST THE DAMN LINK.
LOOK up 17 American agencies You still dispute them?? Who tf do you believe..... the ah trump?
No link, huh?
Whadda you want ?? Blood ?You really need a link to figure out what a pos dump is ???
We're going to need more than your word because you're just a raging fucking nut bag right now.
And there's millions more that know you republicans need to be horse whipped
Step on up son. You better bring more than just you and a whip.

Is today a good day for President Trump or James Comey?
Bad day for Trump. The obstruction of justice cloud hanging over him is as dark as ever.

No matter how much noise his Chumps make, no matter how much smoke they emit from their asses, that fact remains.

The ball is now in Mueller's court. Trump will have to deal with that cloud for a long time.

Or are the people saying, "There's nothing here..work for a while and get the Healthcare, Jobs and Immigration laws important again."
Yeah just pass it by ,,trump kissing russian ass and all they did was fk up our election Only in trump repub world
Do you have any proof that the Russians fucked up our election process? POST THE DAMN LINK.
LOOK up 17 American agencies You still dispute them?? Who tf do you believe..... the ah trump?
No link, huh?
Whadda you want ?? Blood ?You really need a link to figure out what a pos dump is ???
What od I want? Something that supports your confused brain. Dtill it's just your policial view that everything Trump does is illegal. Show me a link, son.

Politically, Trump may be damaged by innuendo from Comey's interrogation.

Legally, Trump should not be legally damaged.

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?
Pretty okay day for both of them, I think. Comey got to tell his side of the story. Trump's side of the story still doesn't sound like anything "illegal" to me.

On a personal level with regard to Trump himself, I agree. Then again, Nixon himself didn't break into the DNC offices.
But he and those working for him did commit crimes.

The fact also remains that Russia attacked us repeatedly.

And Trump and his Chumps have surrendered to them.

Bad day for Trump. The obstruction of justice cloud hanging over him is as dark as ever.

No matter how much noise his Chumps make, no matter how much smoke they emit from their asses, that fact remains.

The ball is now in Mueller's court. Trump will have to deal with that cloud for a long time.
Keep trying.

Keep trying.
I don't have to.

I'll tell you who needs to get to work.

Trump needs to stop acting like he's guilty and get to work punishing Russia and protecting our country from further attacks. So far, he has not done jack shit in either direction.

He has surrendered to the Russians. That should make every American very angry. We have a fake President who is a traitor.

Trump has let his boy crush on Putin put our democracy in danger.

Keep trying.
I don't have to.

Trump needs to stop acting like he's guilty and get to work punishing Russia and protecting our country from further attacks. So far, he has not done jack shit in either direction.

He has surrendered to the Russians. That should make every American very angry. We have a fake President who is a traitor.
Perhaps he is waiting for proof that the Russians hacked our election...

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. I think G.W. Bush had about 7 books written about him after department heads left office under his administration.

Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job as FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times--discussing the "russian cloud."

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer in a public hearing is what you have to be concerned about.

B'loney. Former Government Employees do not have carte blanche to leak privileged information.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

When you are asked to a private meeting with your boss, with only the 2 of you present......confidentiality of the conversation would be the norm.

Most people already know not to blab their mouth off, especially to others of the same or lower level of seniority. IF Comey thought the conversation was of 'national security' importance or a crime, then he could/should have went to the authority that would handle that aspect. Sessions?? But not to his peeps &/or the media

Nope that's not how works. That's what made Comey uncomfortable. Anything regarding the Justice department goes through the Attorney General's office FIRST in this case Jeff Sessions and then gets relayed on down to the FBI chief. Comey states that Trump asked everyone to leave--including Jeff Sessions to have a one on one contact with Comey. That is NOT done. You did not elect a King or Dictator.

February 14, 2017

The President signaled the end of the briefing by thanking the group and telling them all that he wanted to speak to me alone. I stayed in my chair. As the participants started to leave the Oval Office, the Attorney General lingered by my chair, but the President thanked him and said he wanted to speak only with me.
READ: James Comey's prepared testimony - CNNPolitics.com

Furthermore--Trump is not the boss of the Justice department--they work separately and independently from the Executive branch--as does the Legislative branch. They have their own authority over certain issues--that Trump cannot interfere with. In this case Trump interferred with an on-going investigation--and then fired Comey when he refused to cooperate with him. Trump even admitted that during an NBC T.V interview. That is Obstruction of Justice--an impeachable offense.

"President Trump on Thursday said he was thinking of “this Russia thing with Trump” when he decided to fire FBI Director James B. Comey, who had been leading the counterintelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

Recounting his decision to dismiss Comey, Trump told NBC News, “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

Trump’s account flatly contradicts the White House’s initial account of how the president arrived at his decision, undercutting public denials by his aides that the move was influenced in any way by his growing fury with the ongoing Russia probe."
Trump said he was thinking of Russia controversy when he decided to fire Comey

Last edited:

Keep trying.
I don't have to.

There is a preponderance of evidence. It can't be helped if you willfully blind Chumps won't look at it.

Trump has already admitted they did. And then did nothing.

Not even a tweet!

If someone from SNL hurts his feelings, Trump can't sleep. He tweet storms at 3 am.

But Russia attacks us? Nothing. He takes no action to protect us. He takes no action to retaliate.

Trump has not even said one single word criticizing the Russians for their attacks. Not one tweet, not one press conference, not one press release, not even through his mouthpieces Spicer and Huckabee.

Not. One. Word.

We have a fake President who is a fucking traitor.

He surrendered to his boy crush Putin.

Trump has let his boy crush on Putin put our democracy in danger.
Evidently these nitwits haven't been listening to their pos in our WH Making enemies of canada mexico germany france etc etc is ok with them While accomplishing bull shit here at home Oh yeah ,,,he gave away some pens

The only cloud is the one in your moms basement as you try to spin this. Step outside and try to sell this. Good luck.

The next day after firing Comey, Trump invites our enemy who attacked us into the heart of our government and they all chortle together over his firing of the guy investigating them.

TRAITOR.

Keep trying.
I don't have to.

There is a preponderance of evidence. It can't be helped if you willfully blind Chumps won't look at it.

Trump has already admitted they did. And then did nothing.

Not even a tweet!

If someone from SNL hurts his feelings, Trump can't sleep. He tweet storms at 3 am.

But Russia attacks us? Nothing. He takes no action to protect us. He takes no action to retaliate.

Trump has not even said one single word criticizing the Russians for their attacks. Not one tweet, not one press conference, not one press release, not even through his mouthpieces Spicer and Huckabee.

Not. One. Word.

We have a fake President who is a fucking traitor.

He surrendered to his boy crush Putin.
Yes or no?

If Russia hacked our election it was during Obie's watch.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

too hard to answer ?

then STFU
Any communication with the president in the capacity of being the FBI director is automatically controlled and sensitive.its not like someone has to stamp your notes.
Honestly, that isn't what the news, (Fox said). If it was controlled or privileged, it had to be a government document and subject to being considered a "leak."
When you take a job having private meeting with the president you don't share the meeting notes. Ever. He may get off technically by not being absolutely illegal but it sure justifies canning his sorry ass.

As with any boss, in any job........ President is even bigger.

Comey didn't help Trump any today......but I think he screwed himself even more.

That's the ticket, lol. You keep saying that, maybe someone, somewhere will believe it hahahahaha

The only cloud is the one in your moms basement as you try to spin this. Step outside and try to sell this. Good luck.
You clearly did not watch the testimony. I know you tards are parroting what you have been told to parrot, and to bleev what you have been told to bleev by your propagandist masters.

But that shit doesn't fly with me. You aren't fooling anyone.

There are no new significant facts. It's a "nothing-burger." All you have is Comey talking about being "concerned," but of course doing nothing about it because there is nothing criminal. So Comey got fired...which both Democrats and Republicans wanted and were calling for for months.

As it turns out Comey mostly implicated himself, and he appears to be nothing more than a vindictive, whiny, leaking little bitch. :D

Forum List

Back