Was Trump Wiretapped? Just the facts.

Flynn got fired, that's enough hard evidence to justify the questions. How can you deny that?

Flynn was fired for not telling the truth to the VP about his contact with the Russians. At this point, there has been no evidence provided that said contact had anything to do with the Trump campaign, policy, or sanctions.

If any of the above were in fact what they talked about, then that information came from a wiretap.

As for the wiretap, I am not sure Obama "ordered" them. What I am sure about is that if the wiretapping of Trump Towers was actually authorized by the FISA Court then Obama knew about it and received briefings about it.

What should be of major concern to ALL Americans is that, if true, an Administration uses the power of the courts, law enforcement and intelligence agencies against a political opponent. It stinks of tyranny and should frighten everyone of any political persuasion

No spin. No smoke and mirrors. No conjecture. Was he wire tapped? If that can't be answered everything else is Conspiracy Theory material of attempting to create links between unrelated incidents.

At this point, it see - the whole wire-tap claim is unsubstantiated and taking on the guise of a conspiracy theory.

From: Analysis | Donald Trump was a conspiracy-theory candidate. Now he’s on the edge of being a conspiracy-theory president.

The problem here, of course, is that what Levin — and Breitbart — use as evidence for these claims are a series of seemingly unconnected events — from FISA court requests to Trump joking about the Russia email hack, to the release of Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s emails in the fall. The proof that all — or any — of these events are tied together by actual facts as opposed to supposition is not offered.

The idea that Obama’s administration authorized — and was able to get approval for — the wiretapping of the opposition party’s candidate for president is, frankly, far-fetched. And, if someone is making that claim — as Trump is now doing — the burden of proof is on them. If you are going to say there is a grand conspiracy that only you and a handful of others see, you need to offer a step-by-step explanation to the broader public to show why you’re right.

It seems unlikely — given Trump’s past pattern of making baseless claims without proof and then simply insisting he is right and no evidence is needed to prove the point — that any meaningful effort will be made by the Trump administration to connect the dots on this alleged wiretapping conspiracy.

From the LA Times: Citing no evidence, Trump accuses Obama of tapping his phones during the election

It would be highly unusual for a sitting president to be aware of such [surveillance] requests. By blaming Obama directly, Trump accused the former president of reaching into a federal investigation and signing off on an illegal wiretap, which is a felony.

If federal investigators did monitor Trump’s phones or computers lawfully, a court would have demanded information about potential criminal misconduct or unlawful foreign contacts. Such investigations are closely held and rarely, if ever, shared with the White House.

It is possible Trump has no evidence his phones were tapped and is repeating unfounded reports circulating in conservative media circles.

There is a lot of smoke, mirrors and redirection going on here, an attempt I'm sure, to distract from the demands for an investigation into Russian ties with the Trump campaign.

Rather than blowing this up into a full blown conspiracy theory, how about looking at actual evidence?

First question to answer is: is there any hard evidence that Trump Tower was indeed wire tapped? If we can't answer that, the rest is meaningless distraction.

From the Washington Post: Analysis | Trump’s ‘evidence’ for Obama wiretap claims relies on sketchy, anonymously sourced reports

Trump’s ‘evidence’ for Obama wiretap claims relies on sketchy, anonymously sourced reports

Brietbart article on FISA Requests: June & October. Breitbart based it's article entirely on one source: and article written by Louise Mensch, a former Tory member of the British Parliament and an independent journalist for Heat Street. But no one seems to be able to independently confirm the claim.

The Washington Post for months has sought to confirm this report of a FISA warrant related to the Trump campaign but has been unable to do so. Presumably other U.S. news organizations have tried to do so as well. So one has to take this claim with a huge dose of skepticism. Indeed, the New York Times reported before the election that the FBI “ultimately concluded that there could be an innocuous explanation, like a marketing email or spam, for the computer contacts” with the Russian banks.

According to the WP article:

The White House provided three other sources. Two, a National Review article and a Fox News interview, are simply derivative of the Heat Street article, with no independent confirmation. The third is a New York Times report that intelligence agencies “are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions” as part of a probe of possible links between Russian officials and Trump campaign aides. (We recall the president has previously deemed Times reporting on this matter as “fake news.”)

The article goes on to conclude:

Only two articles, both with British roots, have reported that a FISA court order was granted in October to examine possible activity between two Russian banks and a computer server in the Trump Tower. This claim has not been confirmed by a U.S. news organizations. Moreover, neither article says President Obama requested the order or that it resulted in the tapping of Trump’s phone lines.

And lastly:

Moreover, the articles do not support the White House’s claim that these were “potentially politically motivated investigations” led by President Obama. The articles all suggest the FISA requests — if they happened — were done by the intelligence agencies and the FBI.

So, before we have this huge political uproar, and immediate comparisons to Watergate, lets' get at the facts first. Can anyone answer these questions?

1. Was Trump wiretapped? If yes - what evidence? Were bugs found in Trump Tower?

2. Were FISA requests issued? If yes - can the claims be confirmed by more then one source and for what specifically were they for?

Until those are answered - there's nothing but smoke.

Wait, I walk back my words. Finally, conclusive proof.....

C6LE8BEVUAAUWMq.jpg

Trump is a delusional and paranoid con man who is always trying to deflect attention from one debacle to another.

Trump has “information” suggesting there is a “very real potential” of wiretapping, Sarah Sanders said.

White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Sunday that President Donald Trump was only speaking about the “very real potential” that former President Barack Obama had wiretapped his presidential campaign.

In an interview on ABC News’ “This Week,” guest host Martha Raddatz asked Sanders why the president had made the allegations so confidently.

“I think that this is, again, something that if this happened, Martha ―” Sanders began.

“If, if, if, if,” Raddatz interjected. “Why is the president saying that it did happen?”

“He is going off of information that he’s seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential,” Sanders replied.

Sanders struggled on Sunday to explain Trump’s certainty that Obama had wiretapped him. Raddatz pressed her to respond to one of Trump’s actual tweets making the accusations.

More: White House Spokeswoman Walks Back Trump Wiretapping Claims

Flynn got fired, that's enough hard evidence to justify the questions. How can you deny that?

Flynn was fired for not telling the truth to the VP about his contact with the Russians. At this point, there has been no evidence provided that said contact had anything to do with the Trump campaign, policy, or sanctions.

If any of the above were in fact what they talked about, then that information came from a wiretap.

As for the wiretap, I am not sure Obama "ordered" them. What I am sure about is that if the wiretapping of Trump Towers was actually authorized by the FISA Court then Obama knew about it and received briefings about it.

What should be of major concern to ALL Americans is that, if true, an Administration uses the power of the courts, law enforcement and intelligence agencies against a political opponent. It stinks of tyranny and should frighten everyone of any political persuasion

IF true.

But I'll add - it should also be a major concern to ALL Americans if the Russians attempted to influence our elections in the way that is being alledged and at this point, there is more evidence supporting that then there is for wire tapping.

Okay, I'm going to say it: Somebody needs to take the White House away from him.

President Trump needs to be told to stop Tweeting about certain things.

The way to have done this, if they have evidence that The Obama Administration had Trump Tower wiretapped, they should have organised a press conference and at the press conference dropped the bomb in the form of the declassified information showing that The Obama Administration had Trump Tower wiretapped.

The way not to do this was for President Trump to just Tweet this without ordering the declassified information to be publicly released within the next few days.
The way not to do this was for President Trump to just Tweet this without ordering the declassified information to be publicly released within the next few days.
I agree with your post in its entirety, as any reasonable person would. The problem is, Trump is not a reasonable man and he is not as "controllable" as the Republicans hoped when they greedily courted all the populist votes that enabled them to have a Republican in the White House to sign their legislation. They have a tiger by the tail and they deserve it, but I am so upset for what it is doing to this country.

obama started this.....and is continuing it.....the lies and attacks on Trump are nuts and need to stop....
That is a completely outrageous lie. Don't be as stupid as the Democrats screaming about Russians in collusion with the Trump campaign. You are drinking the koolaid.

You really don't believe there was any collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign? How do you explain all the circumstantial evidence so far? Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why wasn't Trump's team also in similar contact with other countries? It's been factually established that Russians have also been trying to influence elections in other countries.

upload_2017-3-4_13-39-20-png.115412
:laugh:

I'll make a nice looking chart when I get home. It'll also include pics. lol

Look at the fucking circle jerk going on in this thread....
None of you lefties demand the same "proof" of Trump colluding with Russia. You all love to fling the shit but scream bloody murder when it is tossed right back at ya.

Suck it

but the point that fisa is used only when there's evidence of wrong doing escapes you?

HAH congress is opening an investigation into the oshitass administration, and that is all it will take. There will be so many illegal and unconstitutional actions by the dimshit scum it will probably end their party, and some of their lives. Stupid shit don't know when they have overplayed their hand. They have no power at all to obtain information except by criminal actions, When they leak something that is not publicly available, there has been a criminal act to obtain it. Conversely Trump can and is legally allowed to obtain ANY information he requests and therefore he can find out anything about anybody who is working for his administration in any capacity including all of oshitasses operatives in the government. He can also request any official communications from anyone. He can't request personal, or private non government related communications without a court ordered warrant. But he has been in business for a long time, and he knows how to find out exactly where any leak comes from. it is an easy thing to do by sending info that would be sure to be leaked and giving each department a similar, but not exactly the same document, AND sending each person the same but with a single word changed, that would make any release. That will give you the department section, and the office from which the leak came. Then you do the same again with a lot fewer subjects, and with single releases. When an event shows up you have your leaker. The dogshit is about to be wiped from the feet of this country. BTW how do you like the conservatives starting to come out to support TRUMP. There will be millions more soon, and when you liberal shit show up to beat the hell out of someone we are going to stomp you till you won't get up ever again. I am going to start making all of them, and I am ready to ice some liberal shiit Ts.HAHAHAHAHA.

FISA is only supposed to used that way but the last bunch of scum used it many times and each time they didn't have any evidence and were denied they went to another place, and fabricated what they needed. Like the FBI investigations used to let the IRS deny applications for Tax free status.

None of you lefties demand the same "proof" of Trump colluding with Russia. You all love to fling the shit but scream bloody murder when it is tossed right back at ya.

Suck it

Here's a comparison:

What is there behind Trump's claim of being wire tapped?
1. Trump
2. The claims of one British journalist.

That's what it all boils down to. At this point, it's up to Trump to back his words up with evidence and as president he has the ability to get it I would think.

What is behind the claims of the Trump "colluding" with Russia? This one really involves two seperate issues: Trump colluding is one, Russia interfering is another.

As far as Trump colluding, what do we have?
1. A record of repeated contacts between Russian officials and Trump staffers and campaign officials.
2. Russia's involvement in the second issue.

As far as "proof" it is thin and circumstantial. All these people DO have valid reasons for contacting Russian officials that have nothing to do with the election. By itself it's baseless.

What makes it notable and in my opinion worthy of an independent bipartisan investigation (not a special prosecuter) is the issue around Russia's attempted interference in our election and there is substantially more evidence there even if most if it is classified (and, bear in mind - if Trump wanted to he could release some of it but he hasn't).

It seems to me that the wiretapping allegations require more evidence before a call to arms.

The Trump/Russia thing has enough concern to warrent an investigation that will put it to bed once and for all. After all, we spent a gazillion investigations on Hillary's emails and on Benghazi (all over whether it was a video or not).

Trump is a delusional and paranoid con man who is always trying to deflect attention from one debacle to another.

Trump has “information” suggesting there is a “very real potential” of wiretapping, Sarah Sanders said.

White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on Sunday that President Donald Trump was only speaking about the “very real potential” that former President Barack Obama had wiretapped his presidential campaign.

In an interview on ABC News’ “This Week,” guest host Martha Raddatz asked Sanders why the president had made the allegations so confidently.

“I think that this is, again, something that if this happened, Martha ―” Sanders began.

“If, if, if, if,” Raddatz interjected. “Why is the president saying that it did happen?”

“He is going off of information that he’s seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential,” Sanders replied.

Sanders struggled on Sunday to explain Trump’s certainty that Obama had wiretapped him. Raddatz pressed her to respond to one of Trump’s actual tweets making the accusations.

More: White House Spokeswoman Walks Back Trump Wiretapping Claims

Trump went to far and now his staff is struggling to fix the damage I'm guessing.

Okay, I'm going to say it: Somebody needs to take the White House away from him.

President Trump needs to be told to stop Tweeting about certain things.

The way to have done this, if they have evidence that The Obama Administration had Trump Tower wiretapped, they should have organised a press conference and at the press conference dropped the bomb in the form of the declassified information showing that The Obama Administration had Trump Tower wiretapped.

I agree with your post in its entirety, as any reasonable person would. The problem is, Trump is not a reasonable man and he is not as "controllable" as the Republicans hoped when they greedily courted all the populist votes that enabled them to have a Republican in the White House to sign their legislation. They have a tiger by the tail and they deserve it, but I am so upset for what it is doing to this country.

obama started this.....and is continuing it.....the lies and attacks on Trump are nuts and need to stop....
That is a completely outrageous lie. Don't be as stupid as the Democrats screaming about Russians in collusion with the Trump campaign. You are drinking the koolaid.

You really don't believe there was any collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign? How do you explain all the circumstantial evidence so far? Why won't Trump release his tax returns? Why wasn't Trump's team also in similar contact with other countries? It's been factually established that Russians have also been trying to influence elections in other countries.

upload_2017-3-4_13-39-20-png.115412

BS there has never been a single agency report that found ANY link you are just lying again.

That's not so, but I fear it is exactly what our President wants to hear you say. He is whispering, "Don't listen to the voice of reason even when you hear it. If you do, you might believe it when they tell you I'm infirm and unfit to rule."

Suck it

Here's a comparison:

1. Trump

That's what it all boils down to. At this point, it's up to Trump to back his words up with evidence and as president he has the ability to get it I would think.

What is behind the claims of the Trump "colluding" with Russia? This one really involves two seperate issues: Trump colluding is one, Russia interfering is another.

1. A record of repeated contacts between Russian officials and Trump staffers and campaign officials.

As far as "proof" it is thin and circumstantial. All these people DO have valid reasons for contacting Russian officials that have nothing to do with the election. By itself it's baseless.

What makes it notable and in my opinion worthy of an independent bipartisan investigation (not a special prosecuter) is the issue around Russia's attempted interference in our election and there is substantially more evidence there even if most if it is classified (and, bear in mind - if Trump wanted to he could release some of it but he hasn't).

It seems to me that the wiretapping allegations require more evidence before a call to arms.

The Trump/Russia thing has enough concern to warrent an investigation that will put it to bed once and for all. After all, we spent a gazillion investigations on Hillary's emails and on Benghazi (all over whether it was a video or not).
Dear Coyote , you are beginning to sound like Schumer's parrot that he carries around on his shoulder like a pirate so that he can hear himself repeated back to himself.

Collins and Rubio are going to investigate, so are you happy now?

And Hillary managed to dodge the entire issue of her ineptitude in Libya but at the same time she leaked word about her private server and that cause her more trouble than if she had confessed up front that she botched Benghazi, mea culpa.

IF true.

But I'll add - it should also be a major concern to ALL Americans if the Russians attempted to influence our elections in the way that is being alledged and at this point, there is more evidence supporting that then there is for wire tapping.
James Clapper made it clear that Russia interfered, yes.

And he made it clear they will do it again.

And Rubio agrees.

But other than Trumps dumbazz comment in front of the whole Nation and also so Jesus himself and the Virgin Mary could hear it that Putin should hack Hillary -- other than this -- there was nothing done in the Trump camp in collusion with the Russians.
Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email

IF true.

And Rubio agrees.

But other than Trumps dumbazz comment in front of the whole Nation and also so Jesus himself and the Virgin Mary could hear it that Putin should hack Hillary -- other than this -- there was nothing done in the Trump camp.

I pretty much took Trump's comment there as joking.

Suck it

Here's a comparison:

1. Trump

Dear Coyote , you are beginning to sound like Schumer's parrot that he carries around on his shoulder like a pirate so that he can hear himself repeated back to himself.

And Hillary managed to dodge the entire issue of her ineptitude in Libya but at the same time she leaked word about her private server and that cause her more trouble than if she had confessed up front that she botched Benghazi, mea culpa.

She didn't "botch" Benghazi...there wasn't anything there to warrent an investigation beyond - how can we make sure it doesn't happen again?

IF true.

And Rubio agrees.

But other than Trumps dumbazz comment in front of the whole Nation and also so Jesus himself and the Virgin Mary could hear it that Putin should hack Hillary -- other than this -- there was nothing done in the Trump camp in collusion with the Russians.

"James Clapper made it clear that Russia interfered, yes."

If AND that's IF Russia did interfere, then they must have wanted Hillary to win, she afterall as the Leftists keep telling people did win the Popular Vote, they have already said that Russia was involved with the DNC Server, but strangely they didn't have any interest in the RNC Server.

So Russia must have been supporting Hillary, in typical Leftist projection perhaps that's why without any publicly presented evidence they keep saying that it's the Trump Campaign who are the Russian Agents.

Hillary and Bill already have been in China's pocket for twenty years.

Suck it

Here's a comparison:

1. Trump

She didn't "botch" Benghazi...there wasn't anything there to warrent an investigation beyond - how can we make sure it doesn't happen again?

13062943_10206123716987710_8340047510068426079_o_4.jpg

Forum List

Back