We can't compromise! We can't collaborate! We can't cooperate!

Because the concerns about Trump were panic mongerings, FROM the regressive left.

There is nothing radical about Trump's policies, nor actions.

*I* had concerns about the Orange Virus five years ago when he ran. I predicted this shit. I knew he was low rent since the 80s, and he's even more low rent today. He's a poor excuse for a dime-a-dozen 'business man' and a poor person's idea of a rich guy. It has nothing to do with political bent, because he used to be a Democrat. He's just an obnoxious loudmouth and carnival show barker.

WHat shit did you predict? The largest jump in manufacturing employment in over 10 years?

I predicted his run in 2016 and eventual win (even though I hated myself for it). As for your second remark, the Orange Virus is taking credit for a decent economy started by the previous administration. As for manufacturing, output is up, but jobs are at 1940s levels. In other words, you, like your president, live to exaggerate shit to root for your 'team' because you're nothing but a cheerleader. I'm tired of you types. You offer nothing constructive. Go shake your poms poms at someone who doesn't know better.

1940 levels? What does that mean?

The largest jump in manufacturing employment in over 10 years. That is something that people like you said could not happen.

Don't put words in my mouth, you disingenuous asshole. I provided a link. It's called 'automation'. Manufacturing jobs will continue to shrink. If you can't see that, then you're dumber than dirt.

"Automation" doesn't stop Germany from having twice the level of manufacturing employment we do.

Furthermore, if manufacturing employment is so outdated and doomed, why are our trading "partners" so hell bent on keeping what they have?

Who did the compromise with? Certainly they didn't compromise with the Republicans. Futhermore, why would any principled Republican allow such a monster to be created?
They evidently compromised with themselves, trying to create a plan that would mollify enough Republicans so that it wouldn't get torn down later. They didn't even include a public option.
The discussion is about compromising with Republicans. Who cares about the finaggling the Dims do with themselves.
Neither party is interested in collaborating. That's my original point.

Thy would Republicans "collaborate" in the destruction of America?
Repugs have done a pretty good job of fucking things up on their own.

What have they fucked up, aside from going along with Dim schemes, that is?

Well, unfortunately, there are going to be people who just aren't part of any collaboration that does take place, if ever.

The key will be in satisfying enough people such that that group won't matter.

Evading the question yet again.

It really is simple. I want less government, leftists want more government. Isn't the compromise to that in your terms to leave it where it is?

Does a compromise to more versus left government to you mean

1) More government (but less than leftists want)

2) The same government

3) Less government (but less than I want)

Those are the only three logical possibilities
I'm not evading.

Don't collaborate. Don't do anything. That's your call.

Of course you're evading. You're saying let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but you have no idea how we "compromise" between wanting to grow and shrink government.

I'm willing to trade. But I'm not going to agree to grow government in doing it. How am I being obstinate by not taking a choice I don't have?
You keep going on about how the left wants to grow government. The right has given us the EPA, the DEA, the TSA, the DHS, the ICE, a huge military, and the Patriot Act. Is that your idea of smaller government?

They are always conspicuously silent when it comes to explaining why we need such a massively bloated military. Never understood what it had to do with conservatism either.

We don't need it. The first place I would start cutting is those useless military bases in Europe.

It really is simple. I want less government, leftists want more government. Isn't the compromise to that in your terms to leave it where it is?

2) The same government

I'm not evading.

Of course you're evading. You're saying let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but you have no idea how we "compromise" between wanting to grow and shrink government.

I'm willing to trade. But I'm not going to agree to grow government in doing it. How am I being obstinate by not taking a choice I don't have?
You keep going on about how the left wants to grow government. The right has given us the EPA, the DEA, the TSA, the DHS, the ICE, a huge military, and the Patriot Act. Is that your idea of smaller government?

They are always conspicuously silent when it comes to explaining why we need such a massively bloated military. Never understood what it had to do with conservatism either.

We don't need it. The first place I would start cutting is those useless military bases in Europe.
Well, perhaps there is something to collaborate on after all.

2) The same government

I'm not evading.

Not opposed.

I'm not evading.

Not opposed.

All those European welfare state leaches would be screaming.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Not opposed.

All those European welfare state leaches would be screaming.

Too bad I guess...

I'm not evading.

I'm against our bloated military, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you people?
You keep bitching about how the left wants to grow government, but ignore where the right actually has increased government.

But the right repealed ACA! Er, wait ... nevermind.

*I* had concerns about the Orange Virus five years ago when he ran. I predicted this shit. I knew he was low rent since the 80s, and he's even more low rent today. He's a poor excuse for a dime-a-dozen 'business man' and a poor person's idea of a rich guy. It has nothing to do with political bent, because he used to be a Democrat. He's just an obnoxious loudmouth and carnival show barker.

WHat shit did you predict? The largest jump in manufacturing employment in over 10 years?

I predicted his run in 2016 and eventual win (even though I hated myself for it). As for your second remark, the Orange Virus is taking credit for a decent economy started by the previous administration. As for manufacturing, output is up, but jobs are at 1940s levels. In other words, you, like your president, live to exaggerate shit to root for your 'team' because you're nothing but a cheerleader. I'm tired of you types. You offer nothing constructive. Go shake your poms poms at someone who doesn't know better.

The largest jump in manufacturing employment in over 10 years. That is something that people like you said could not happen.

Don't put words in my mouth, you disingenuous asshole. I provided a link. It's called 'automation'. Manufacturing jobs will continue to shrink. If you can't see that, then you're dumber than dirt.

"Automation" doesn't stop Germany from having twice the level of manufacturing employment we do.

Furthermore, if manufacturing employment is so outdated and doomed, why are our trading "partners" so hell bent on keeping what they have?

I wasn't discussing Germany's manufacturing, dummy. Why must you always deflect and/or change the subject? Oh, right, it's because you never have any salient points, you just cheer lead for your 'side'. You must have the attention span and reading comprehension of a gnat. A very excruciating person to converse with, to be sure.

I'm against our bloated military, you stupid fuck. What is wrong with you people?
You keep bitching about how the left wants to grow government, but ignore where the right actually has increased government.

But the right repealed ACA! Er, wait ... nevermind.

I think he was talking to you because if you believe his stupid crap, then that's what you think, not what I do

Back that up stupid fucking piece of cow dung. I quit the party almost 30 years over that specific issue.

And dblack is a bitch of the Democrat party for his stupid crap

YOu don't realize how deep they have their hooks in you.
Yeah, okay. It must have someone ELSE talking about the size of his dick during a nationally-televised debate and saying "I have the best words", among a zillion or so other embarrassing antics.

And I think your post is pretty ironic, for the record. I hear talk radio saying all the same things, pretty much word for word.

"Embarrassing antics"?

That is your reason for validating the Godwin mongering, the panic mongering, the identify politics, the smearing of nearly half the nation, ect, ect ect. of HIllary?

That does not make sense.

Also, Mark Rubio is the one that started the dick debate.

And Trump is not one to let a challenge like that, go unanswered.
Good for him. He says what he says, no one makes him. We're all responsible for our words.

"But he started it" doesn't cut it for me.

More to the point is that such abject inability to deal with any kind of criticism --- even to the point of sitting up all night sending whiny tweets about "blood coming out of her wherever" ---- demonstrates a profound weakness of character that is the opposite of desired traits in a "leader" and a striking arrested emotional development.

You have to recall Mac recently said "I don't know about this guy" when talking about Trump. How many confirmed lies has he told as President only--3,000 or so? I guess it would take another 3,000 before he starts to "know" about this guy?

I don't want to work with them because we have nothing in common and calling yourself an American doesn't make that something in common.
Well, that's the problem. The people who are willing to collaborate will be the people who end up improving things.
Nope, the change will go to the last person standing.
Do you feel that your way of doing things is the only way to get them done properly?
I like beer you don't we want to start a business together but you refuse to allow beer in it. how long would we be in business together?
Depends on what kind of business it is. If its a delivery business, you wouldn't want the drivers drinking beer, would you?
never said it was. Don't restaurants serve beer?

Wanting to allow illegal aliens to flood the country may be immoral, but at least it's clear why Democrats do it. Votes.

But putting violent criminals back on the street doesn't seem to serve any even selfish interest of the left. It just proves that they aren't just self absorbed, they are evil

Again, we lock up 2 million people. Most other industrialized countries lock up less than 100K. We lock up more people than Communist China.

If locking people up got us to lower crime rates, we'd have the lowest crime rates in the industrialized world, not the highest.

I suspect you've seen me celebrate successes and good news, and remain hopeful, regardless of the White House occupant.

You do a lot more than that, Stormy... Hence your nickname.

You make apologies for his bad behavior and you think it's worse that we are being mean to his minions in restaurants than him locking up kids and ripping them from their mothers arms.

"Yes, I guess that five year old has been traumatized for life, but Sarah the Sow couldn't enjoy her dinner! It's the end of civilization, I tell you!"

Why not?

What did you want? FOr Trump to let some one cast aspersions on his manhood with no pushback?

That type of "Being above it all", just allows those who play dirty to win.
Yes, it would have been nice if he could have just been the adult in the room.

But that wouldn't have been Trump.

Would you have respect that? WOuld you have voted for him then?

Or would you have just focused, or been focused on some other reason to vote against him?

That type of "above it all" is just seen as weakness in today's America.
That one thing surely wouldn't have been enough, since it was just one of a non-stop flood of embarrassing moments.

I knew that if Trump or Cruz won the nomination, I'd have to vote for Hillary. Otherwise, I would have voted third party. I don't care much for her.

So, where is the positive feedback for being the better person then?

People like you, don't care. YOu talk like you, do, but it does not effect your voting.

Meanwhile to the undecided, the blue dogs, ect, people in play,

it looks like weakness, to let someone insult you like that, and say nothing back.
It only looks like weakness to people of a certain mindset.

But he's your guy. Fine with me. You don't see me insulting you for it.

1. I have not insulted you.

2. I think you are seriously underestimating the effect of that type of non-verbal communication. People, ALL OF THEM, are more impacted by non-verbal communication then they think.

3. In today's world, civility and decorum gets you nothing. Indeed, many consider it a sign of weakness and an invitation for attack.

Yes, it would have been nice if he could have just been the adult in the room.

But that wouldn't have been Trump.

Would you have respect that? WOuld you have voted for him then?

Or would you have just focused, or been focused on some other reason to vote against him?

That type of "above it all" is just seen as weakness in today's America.
That one thing surely wouldn't have been enough, since it was just one of a non-stop flood of embarrassing moments.

I knew that if Trump or Cruz won the nomination, I'd have to vote for Hillary. Otherwise, I would have voted third party. I don't care much for her.

So, where is the positive feedback for being the better person then?

People like you, don't care. YOu talk like you, do, but it does not effect your voting.

Meanwhile to the undecided, the blue dogs, ect, people in play,

it looks like weakness, to let someone insult you like that, and say nothing back.
It only looks like weakness to people of a certain mindset.

But he's your guy. Fine with me. You don't see me insulting you for it.

1. I have not insulted you.

2. I think you are seriously underestimating the effect of that type of non-verbal communication. People, ALL OF THEM, are more impacted by non-verbal communication then they think.

3. In today's world, civility and decorum gets you nothing. Indeed, many consider it a sign of weakness and an invitation for attack.
I think we can improve today's world, but only if we want to.

I see no signs that we want to. We appear to be just fine with these behaviors. We even defend and justify them.

Last edited:

I wasn't discussing Germany's manufacturing, dummy. Why must you always deflect and/or change the subject? Oh, right, it's because you never have any salient points, you just cheer lead for your 'side'. You must have the attention span and reading comprehension of a gnat. A very excruciating person to converse with, to be sure.

I will walk you though this slowly, using small words, as though you are a dim witted child.

1. You claimed that the jobs would not, could not come back, because those jobs were lost to automation.

2. I pointed to an example of another First World nation, that has twice the level of those jobs than we do.

3. That disproves your claim. That is why it is relevant.

4. That you had to have this explained to you, shows you to be incredibly dense.

I'm sure glad these guys didn't say what today's parties are saying.
Constitutional-Convention.jpg
Getting along is way overrated

Forum List

Back