We need an independent commission to look at what happened in Afghanistan

It isn't just a Biden problem, it didn't start now, and it goes much deeper than what happened today. It requires some serious political soul searching and our broken hyperpatisan political system is incapable of doing that with integrity.

Some of the questions that come to me, as more and more news reveals hidden cracks.

1. What did various military and civilian intelligence say, know, miss?
2. What was relayed to Biden, and his national security team?
3.What was happening with Afghan leadership?
4. What information, if any, was ignored by Biden?
5. Could the outcome have been different while still allowing withdrawal and how?
6. What has the Taliban been doing since they signed that agreement?

More questions.

"We need an independent commission to look at what happened in Afghanistan"

These days finding a truly independent and impartial group of people that both sides accept is very unlikely, bordering on impossible. I'm getting really jaded and depressed these days, determining the truth is quite the challenge no matter what the issue is. It's like the special prosecutor to investigate Russian Collusion or the commission to investigate the Jan 6 'Insurrection', everything is politicized. TBH, I can't think of anyone on the Left that I would trust to be honest and unbiased, nor on the Right either for that matter.

So, I think we've got to follow the news and form our own opinions. Trouble is, too many of us have already formed our own conclusions. I would like more information about your 6 questions though, plus what was happening with the Afghan army.

"We need an independent commission to look at what happened in Afghanistan"

These days finding a truly independent and impartial group of people that both sides accept is very unlikely, bordering on impossible. I'm getting really jaded and depressed these days, determining the truth is quite the challenge no matter what the issue is. It's like the special prosecutor to investigate Russian Collusion or the commission to investigate the Jan 6 'Insurrection', everything is politicized. TBH, I can't think of anyone on the Left that I would trust to be honest and unbiased, nor on the Right either for that matter.

So, I think we've got to follow the news and form our own opinions. Trouble is, too many of us have already formed our own conclusions. I would like more information about your 6 questions though, plus what was happening with the Afghan army.

Yup and nobody's feet will be held to the fire

It's all behind the curtain

That's the only thing that would make sense.

This way they can just throw stones. Like children. As usual.

As John Mellencamp once said (kinda) - Little glass houses for you and me.

bunkie_550.jpg

You having a meltdown about 'cmp' - which you knew exactly what he meant?! What are you, 3yo?

GFY. She fckd it up and suddenly you rush to defense?

Meltdown? Nah, better scroll and realize.

Maybe you've bought into the grand illusion? And that's what it is. Biden is a disaster, a complete fck up.

Now run along, you're never to be trusted

Didn't Trump deal with Taliban that we would pull out by May 1, 2021?
Pulling out of Afghan was in the books. It was a little late, but did happen. Why are we surprised that the Taliban did what they did? I'm sure this is no surprise by our intelligence.
Should we not have pulled out and not agreed to our deal with the Taliban? What would have been worse, not pull out and deal with the Taliban and their terrorist actions for not pulling out?
Is there really anyone to blame? That whole part of the world is a complete and total mess and will be for eternity.... it seems.
You're missing the issue.

It's not if we should have pulled out, but how.

We abandoned Afghan forces relying on us, and we abandoned American civilians by abruptly pulling our military. This was entirely foreseeable, and just botched. Biden acted against all of his military guidance and just caused all of this death, terrorization, and arming of the Taliban by giving up all the weaponry.

If another 9-11 happens, thank Joe Biden's actions.

Why have a deal with a terrorist group that did notinclude the government? I don't 'get that.
From what i understand, Trump made a deal with the Taliban to pull out. In between deal and this current shit show, we were giving the Afghans the ability and training to use our armed forces (like calling air strikes) if needed. From what I am learning, Biden pulled that capability from the Afghan military, if that was a military at all.

So, let's keep in mind. If Trump negotiated the deal, current administration new of the deal. It seems we were giving Afghan military the training and tools to use if needed. It seems this was pulled from the Afghan military. It seems as though Biden pulled out, and then left the afghan military to fend for itself.

From what I am hearing, all Military advisors were against the pull out as well. Not sure what Biden was thinking or what the end result would be.

Again, no committee investigation is needed.

'This is NOT 'Saigon'...'There will be no roof-top helicopter rescues'

1. It's WORSE than Saigon
FAIL!

1629213204052.png

FAIL!

“There is truth and there are lies. Each of us has a duty and responsibility, as citizens, as Americans, and especially as leaders — leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation — to defend the truth and to defeat the lies.”
-- Joe Biden
FAIL!

“We must demand that our leaders tell the people the truth, especially when it is difficult. We must demand our right to truth.”
-- Joe Biden
FAIL!

“I will not mislead the American people....Nor will I shrink from my share of responsibility....I am president of the United States of America and the buck stops with me."
-- Joe Biden
FAIL!

“I know my decision will be criticized, but I would rather take all that criticism than pass this decision onto another president of the United States.”
-- Joe Biden
FAIL!

"It's hard to believe this has to be said, but unlike this president, I’ll do my job and take responsibility. I won't blame others. And I'll never forget that the job isn't about me — it's about you."
-- Joe Biden
FAIL!

Last edited:
Seems the 911 commission did a decent job and came up with some good recommendations to address intelligence failures.
Yeah, create a new 400 billion dollar Department of Homeland security that still fails US today. All George Bush 43(establishment Progressive Republican) had to do was to break the "WALL" that Clintons Security Advisor Jamie Gorelic built between the CIA and FBI. Thanks to Bill, who gave China the ability to put a Nuke accurately anywhere in the US, we had event after event of terrorist activities all over the place, until President Trump took the war actually to them without kid gloves on. Now with Diaper Joe, we are back with tiddly winks against the Terrorist.

From what i understand, Trump made a deal with the Taliban to pull out. In between deal and this current shit show, we were giving the Afghans the ability and training to use our armed forces (like calling air strikes) if needed. From what I am learning, Biden pulled that capability from the Afghan military, if that was a military at all.

So, let's keep in mind. If Trump negotiated the deal, current administration new of the deal. It seems we were giving Afghan military the training and tools to use if needed. It seems this was pulled from the Afghan military. It seems as though Biden pulled out, and then left the afghan military to fend for itself.

From what I am hearing, all Military advisors were against the pull out as well. Not sure what Biden was thinking or what the end result would be.
'B...B....But Trump....'

Once in office Biden reversed every program, every agreement, every policy associated with Trump. He refused to do anything the way Trump had done it simply because Trump had done it that way. When he became President EVERYTHING became Biden's and had to be done Biden's way.

Enough of the BS about how this disaster was Trump's. Even the left's beloved CNN is kicking Biden in the testicle for this massively failed execution of a withdrawal.

This was Biden's operation & he and his administration completely f*ed it up.

Trump just tried to get us out
The blame belongs with Bush and the neocons
You are deflecting.
No one is arguing against leaving.
It is HOW THE EXIT HAPPENED that is the problem.
Biden had numerous agencies, his own military, our allies in the field and finally the ambassador herself trying to tell him an abandonment like what he did would be a disaster.
he didn't listen.
ONLY BIDEN is responsible for HOW to facilitate the exit.
He completely fucked that up with no attempt to secure an exit.
HIS FAULT ONLY.

It isn't just a Biden problem, it didn't start now, and it goes much deeper than what happened today. It requires some serious political soul searching and our broken hyperpatisan political system is incapable of doing that with integrity.

Some of the questions that come to me, as more and more news reveals hidden cracks.

1. What did various military and civilian intelligence say, know, miss?
2. What was relayed to Biden, and his national security team?
3.What was happening with Afghan leadership?
4. What information, if any, was ignored by Biden?
5. Could the outcome have been different while still allowing withdrawal and how?
6. What has the Taliban been doing since they signed that agreement?

More questions.

Why did we invade?

Why did W make "Osama" "not a priority?"

Who murdered Pat Tillman and why?

Why did we abandon TNA and let Taliban win the afghan civil war?

Were any of the Gitmos really AQ?

Why should we believe anything said about Afghan by Zionists???

Forum List

Back