We need the Reaganomics

See my thread here: What Caused Capitalism US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"When President Bush, in his inaugural address. warmed to the theme of a kinder, gentler America, he said: "We know what works: freedom works. We know what's right: freedom is right. We know how to secure a more just and prosperous life for man on earth: through free markets, free speech, free elections." No one laughed at his absurd ordering of these three freedoms. The men of reason in the other political party, in his own party, in the media and in the universities found nothing to say.

Every word and concept of the wars of democracy and justice has been appropriated by those who traditionally opposed both and who seek power to undo what has been done. The moral sense of the eighteenth century has not only been turned upside down, this has been done with its own vocabulary. Thus Bush could give primacy to free markets over free men, as if to say that the right to speculate in junk bonds is more important than the removal of slavery. And Jefferson, Reagan could say, was against big government. Therefore, the forty million Americans without health care were not a government concern. But what Jefferson was against was unnecessary government - organisms which no longer contributed anything. He saw political power as a limited deck of cards. Those who held office were to play their hand carefully and endlessly, picking up old cards and putting down new ones, as old problems were solved and new problems arose. Those who seek and often gain power today use the vocabulary of the eighteenth century the way television evangelists use the Old Testament."

pps 237,238 'Voltaire's Bastards: The Dictatorship of Reason in the West' John Ralston Saul

"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone." John Maynard Keynes / E. Austin G. Robinson, As quoted in Michael Albert, Moving Forward: Programme for a Parlicipatory Economy (Edinburgh: AK, 2000)

Yes our billionaires have it rough, they need some more gifts of taxpayer cash. On a related note, are there are still some jobs we haven't outsourced yet? They must go for America to be great.

I think we need the Reaganomics for a good America.
I think we need,................. no, I know we need, a responsible pro-America government seated in Washington. What we need is pro-Americanomics, nothing less. We need self-supporting living wage jobs, fair taxation, pro-business regulation, wise investment, responsible spending, and equal opportunities for all citizens. We need to severely punish off-shore job out-sourcing, the importing of labor, and send illegals back across our borders. We need to close tax loopholes, end foreign aid except on a "need" basis, end senseless deadly costly wars, end subsidies, non-beneficial programs, and put tax dollars to work in ways that directly benefits all citizens.

But, most of all, we need to unite as one America, educated voting, and to work together for the common good of all.

Yet there was a crash of the stock market(Black Monday) during GW Bush era economics which caused GW not to be elected, instead they elected the person that stabbed GW like a knife with one phrase, It's the economy stupid, uttered by Bill Clinton, now his presidency was a boom era, not Reagan's no GW cause during those two, there was still economic problems for many Americans..

according to our current democrats, what Reagan did in the 80's was a complete failure. thats how they sell themselves, just like the Bush economy of the 2000's. another complete failure. in general, when we have an economy where anyone who wants to work, and even posses limited skills, Can Find A Job!!! right?(yup, thats an economic failure according to the left) but as soon as Obama takes office, No One thats unemployed could find work!!

according to our current democrats, what Reagan did in the 80's was a complete failure. thats how they sell themselves, just like the Bush economy of the 2000's. another complete failure. in general, when we have an economy where anyone who wants to work, and even posses limited skills, Can Find A Job!!! right?(yup, thats an economic failure according to the left) but as soon as Obama takes office, No One thats unemployed could find work!!
It wasn't a complete failure but it was not the boom era of Clinton........

Deregulation of oil was a crippling blow to US oil companies as it cause the price of oil to drop 40-50%, and you still had failing farms at a high rate over the grain embargo of the USSR...

Last edited:
what happened at the end of both booms were similar, too many people got a bit too greedy/confident, so they borrowed too much money, and at the same time, companies were expanding only later having to deal with the problem that they couldnt get help. I saw it all go down by 1989/1990. if the working class would just slow down their borrowing/debt habits in good times, it wont happen again.

The Reganomics is the Devil.

What we need I's high quality H2O.

200_s.gif.cf.jpg

Deregulation of oil was a crippling blow to US oil companies as it cause the price of oil to drop 40-50%, and you still had failing farms at a high rate over the grain embargo of the USSR...

But today it is another situation .

Turned us into a debtor nation.

Of all Ronnie Ray-Guns failures, and there are a lot, that's the one that has had the worst consequences.

Or maybe it was his silence about AIDS. How many more died because he refused to even utter the word?

Easily one of our very worst presidents.

In what sense?
Increased govt. spending....

Taxes raised 11 times ...
Rampant corruption ...
Government by an astrologer ...

So, the highest rate on income tax should be 35%.

I always wonder why posters write stupid things like this ^^^.

:dunno:

Why do you think that that is stupid?

Turned us into a debtor nation.

Of all Ronnie Ray-Guns failures, and there are a lot, that's the one that has had the worst consequences.

Or maybe it was his silence about AIDS. How many more died because he refused to even utter the word?

Easily one of our very worst presidents.

Come on Luddly,

You swear he set up and finance a terrorist organisation while selling arm to an enemy....
It is not like he borrowed a lot money...

So for Obama to be like Reagan, he has to:
Finance and arm ISIS properly
Sell Iran and North Korea arms
And borrow more money
Ignore a disease which now has 1.2m Americans infected.

Forum List

Back