"We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can."

Funny shit; Republicans force the shut down and then blame Obama. You can't make this shit up.

No you can't....

I won't negotiate, I won't negotiate, I won't negotiate....

He's freaking now. Your little douche bag is starting to panic.

Of course they're making the most of it.

Obama has already won, in the court of public opinion. The vast majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown, it's in Obama's best interest to make the shutdown as painful as possible, which means its in his best interest to be an asshole about the few things deemed "non-essential".

Republicans are already making life for Americans hard. Why do they want to make it harder?

Wasn't the two unpaid for wars
and
the trillions in debt
and
the Bush tax cuts
and
the votes for drugs bill
and
the cuts in education
and
the investment in Iraq over America
and
the jobs moved to China
and
the cuts in food stamps for children and the diabled

enough?

How much more do they want us to suffer?

We could talk about Carter days, too. Stay on topic, sir. The Government Shutdown!

The government shutdown is simply another right wing attack on America. When you have right wingers gleefully taking "credit", you can't blame it on Democrats.

Oh? How is this an attack on America? Isn't Obamacare an attack on America? Did Obama attack America by collecting data on them without their knowledge? I can name a few ways Obama has attacked America. The Founders must be smiling right now, knowing that finally there are those willing to stop the excessive abuse of power by Government in Washington.

Last edited:

Obama has already won, in the court of public opinion. The vast majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown, it's in Obama's best interest to make the shutdown as painful as possible, which means its in his best interest to be an asshole about the few things deemed "non-essential".

if Obama's won in the court of public opinion, he owes a huge debt of gratitude to the lap-dog MSM that daily feeds baby food to the millions of dim bulbs in the country...

NO FUCKING WAY.

PRIVATE financing is the ONLY way to go.

And BY 'PUBLIC' YOU means TAXPAYERS without SAYSO?

NFW...(NO WAY, Commrade).

What a total nitwit you are. Private financing means "sold to the highest bidder". I know we're capitalist but that's taking it a bit far. How are we going to get the third party everybody seems to want when those with the deepest pockets can bankroll their favorite politicians and buy their votes?

You don't BUY congressman and reprogram them for money. You openly choose candidates that VOLUNTARILY mirror your views. Somehow you have a problem with that.

Public financing is like letting the cows into the haystacks. They'll eat themselves to death.

And there is no guarantee that AFTER the election --- no quid pro quos or monkey biz is conducted. You fix nothing ---- But you cede even MORE control and freedom to these clowns. Truly bad idea....

This is not a personal comment.. "It's the POWER STUPID".. That's what you have to remove. Remove it and it can't be sold to anyone. No picking winners and losers in the market.. No corporate handouts... What's so hard about that? We pretty much all agree it NEEDS to be done. We need to vote for folks who pledge to do this --- EVEN IF they can't afford 20 TV commercials a day. You find them if you look for them...

^Well Stated.

Remember when Repubs were mocking the shutdown saying no one is hurt by it, where is the kaboom and deaths. 3 days Repubs now see it affects people and they don't like it.

Now ask again...Who does the shutdown hurt?

Getting off welfare and finding a job will hurt some people. Who gives a shit. Keep it shutdown till Ocare is defunded. Period

Anything less will mean that this was all for nothing and THEN people can blame the GOP for pointless political games.

Yep, keep it shut down until November of next year, and don't raise the debt ceiling either. The country will go into a tailspin, but at least the Republican Party will be completely finished after next year's elections. You guys have truly gone bonkers. You will completely destroy the economy over your temper tantrum.

We could talk about Carter days, too. Stay on topic, sir. The Government Shutdown!

The government shutdown is simply another right wing attack on America. When you have right wingers gleefully taking "credit", you can't blame it on Democrats.

Oh? How is this an attack on America? Isn't Obamacare an attack on America? Did Obama attack America by collecting data on them without their knowledge? I can name a few ways Obama has attacked America. The Founders must be smiling right now, knowing that finally there are those willing to stop the excessive power of Government in Washington.
Obama's VERY EXISTENCE in the People's HOUSE is an attack. And he was put there by MOOCHERS...whom want MORE out of YOUR pocket and mine...OBAMA wants to make it happen...

Funny shit; Republicans force the shut down and then blame Obama. You can't make this shit up.

You are wrong ................ the government is shut down & Obama told em to do it .................... Obama ................. Obama ............. bama ...... bama, Obama told them to do it ............
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wilQEOVz8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Video proof Obama told them to do it[/ame]

Now spread the word ......... Obama told them to do it.

Code:

if Obama's won in the court of public opinion, he owes a huge debt of gratitude to the lap-dog MSM that daily feeds baby food to the millions of dim bulbs in the country...

No, this isn't anyone's fault but the GOP's. They bluffed on a bad hand, and the Dems called them on it. Using the fable of the "MSM" is just a cop out.

Well, he certainly is an asshole. No argument there.

So Obama is the disingenuous community agitator we all thought he is? Omgnoway......

Code:

No, this isn't anyone's fault but the GOP's. They bluffed on a bad hand, and the Dems called them on it. Using the fable of the "MSM" is just a cop out.

"eghhhh"... I'm sorry... but you don't know shit from Shinola...

thanks for playing anyhow... here's your consolation prize... a shiny new toaster...!

So Obama is the disingenuous community agitator we all thought he is? Omgnoway......

He's a politician.

I wonder where these orders came form.

The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”

President Obama is not a bad poker player, but the man with all the chips always starts with the advantage (and he gets all the aces). He has closed Washington down as tight as he dares, emphasizing the trivial and the petty in making life as inconvenient as he can for the greatest number. It’s all in a noble cause, of course. Access to most of the memorials is limited, and often in curious ways. The Lincoln Memorial is easy to reach, with the streets around it remaining open. But the Martin Luther King Memorial is made difficult to reach, relegating it, you might say, to the back of the bus. Not very nice.

The Park Service appears to be closing streets on mere whim and caprice. The rangers even closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon, where the plantation home of George Washington is a favorite tourist destination. That was after they barred the new World War II Memorial on the Mall to veterans of World War II. But the government does not own Mount Vernon; it is privately owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association. The ladies bought it years ago to preserve it as a national memorial. The feds closed access to the parking lots this week, even though the lots are jointly owned with the Mount Vernon ladies. The rangers are from the government, and they’re only here to help.

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

PRUDEN: The cheap tricks of the game - Washington Times

What's worse? I brought my dog in my bicycle carrier to the Palo Alto Baylands yesterday, and on the way, we went through Mitchell Park, the largest park in Palo Alto, besides Foothill Park in the Santa Cruz mountains. Jane Lathrop Middle School is at Mitchell, and the kids were having a race, jogging from one end of it to the other. I was surprised, because there were so many of the little nippers. There was a constant stream of kids along the whole route. Immediately after I went over the Adobe creek bridge to enter, a lady said, "We're having a race." I ignored her, but when I arrived near the roller rink, two men confronted me. They were pissed! One asked me a question, so I stopped. The other guy ran up to me and said, "Just get out of here." I finally told the first guy that I wouldn't have stopped if he hadn't spoken to me and went on.

Isn't it bad enough that Federal parks are closed? Adversely, we also have local parks being invaded by all the students school officials can muster. WTF

Anyway, Muffin and I made it to the Baylands ok and had a great time. Right before we were to leave, she found a jack rabbit and chased it a long distance. I got plenty of exercise. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ranger: "We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

I wouldn't put it past park police to use reverse psychology, and his comment was a well-planned-out assault on the American psyche. idk But that way, they can keep their future plans more clandestine and operate in impunity. :funnyface:

Well, if you can't trust an annonymous National Park Ranger to give you the scoop on the inner workings of the highest level of the Obama administration, who can you trust?

Intrigue is alive, well and vibrant in America. Good folks are practicing for Obama's plan to start WWIII, and when the infant in the WH throws the final temper tantrum, by invading Syria, we will all follow like ants. Lead or get the fuck out of the way is our motto. That means the rest of us love to be ants.

Last edited:
if the park ranger that supposedly made this accusation was not anonymous, or could show anything at all that democrats or obama said what he says they did, then maybe I would believe the story, but right now, it looks like, and smells like, and walks like a fabrication.....

Don't we have such very little precious time as it is to be second-guessing a National headline where a single quote is the whole story? It is what it is and our reality. Don't kill the messenger but the message, if you like.

This is only the beginning. Democrats will find other petty ways to increase the pain. How about stopping a television feed to the troops fighting in the middle east? That's a good one. Blame the republicans, except that only works up to a point. The artist painting obama's portrait is still getting paid.

They could force Ho-Ho's out of business. :eek:

They could make us drink Pepsi-cola from a 8 oz. paper cup.

Plastic bags have disappeared here in Mountain View and several cities in the Bay Area, and we have to pay 10 cents for each paper bag. What if they start charging us for each cart we roll down the aisle?

They could also make us wear a timer, when entering the store, and if you go over the allotted time limit, they charge you by the minute for the overtime. :hmpf:

They could make you swipe your card at parking meters, and triple the fine if you're over your credit limit.

When will this nightmare end? :cool:

NOPE. The DEMOCRATS have been given everything except ACA.

The DEMOCRATS will cause the CRASH with their piggishness.

YOU know it Deany.

STOP with the charade.:eusa_hand:

Own it.

Not sure if Obama has any say in what is and is not shut down here. I doubt he is being an asshole about anything......and I am pretty sure he would have preferred that the shutdown never happened.

Forum List

Back