Were Negroes Better Off As Slaves?

Have a stab at answering what he was actually asking instead of what you think he asked/said.

I think I have.

Being on public assistance is not slavery.

And getting a hand up when you are in trouble is no crime.

No, you're answering what you want to answer not the question he asked.

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense*, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies**. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”

*"in that sense" meaning: when they were able to have a family structure, when they were together, when they worked hard, NOT being a slave

**"in the sense of the subsidies" meaning: not having to work because they are taken care of by the gov't, not having their families intact, abortion, jail

While his wording could certainly use improvement, he's isn't saying that being a slave is better than being free. Not at all. He's saying that having family structure, being together, working hard, being proud was/is better than being dependent on gov't for food/housing, not working for what you have but being handed it, abortion, having young men in jail. Being offered a hand up when you need it is fine; generational welfare/dependency on government (using welfare as a leg to stand on) isn't. You don't agree with any of this?

This is the original transcript (part of it, the whole thing is at the link). He isn't saying what you (and others) are stating.

"and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way."

Bundy Ranch FULL interview. Uncut/Unedited | Jasonpatrick11 | Bambuser

I don't know how much more clear you want it.

This country seriously screwed the pooch after the civil war.

It slow walked racial equality. It wasn't until LBJ that it was codified.

And lately? Conservatives have been deconstructing any sort of measures that would enact any sort of parity for several hundred years of brutal slavery and disenfranchisement.

Taking this seriously would mean take some very serious measures to help people hurt by this to catch up.

It would be expensive and painful, but it would be the right thing to do.

I think I have.

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense*, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies**. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”

*"in that sense" meaning: when they were able to have a family structure, when they were together, when they worked hard, NOT being a slave

**"in the sense of the subsidies" meaning: not having to work because they are taken care of by the gov't, not having their families intact, abortion, jail

While his wording could certainly use improvement, he's isn't saying that being a slave is better than being free. Not at all. He's saying that having family structure, being together, working hard, being proud was/is better than being dependent on gov't for food/housing, not working for what you have but being handed it, abortion, having young men in jail. Being offered a hand up when you need it is fine; generational welfare/dependency on government (using welfare as a leg to stand on) isn't. You don't agree with any of this?

This is the original transcript (part of it, the whole thing is at the link). He isn't saying what you (and others) are stating.

"and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way."

And lately? Conservatives have been deconstructing any sort of measures that would enact any sort of parity for several hundred years of brutal slavery and disenfranchisement.

Taking this seriously would mean take some very serious measures to help people hurt by this to catch up.

You didn't address what I posted. Specifically what Bundy was actually saying.

Whatever man.

There's no right answer for you.

:doubt:

clotis was not taken out of context. it is clear what he said. there is no wiggle room.

Yes he was taken out of context.

nigga please.

buckwheat_crusade.jpg

Whatever man.

While his wording could certainly use improvement, he's isn't saying that being a slave is better than being free. Not at all. He's saying that having family structure, being together, working hard, being proud was/is better than being dependent on gov't for food/housing, not working for what you have but being handed it, abortion, having young men in jail. Being offered a hand up when you need it is fine; generational welfare/dependency on government (using welfare as a leg to stand on) isn't.

You don't agree with any of this?

They know what he's saying.

But they want him to say what they think, so they pretend he actually said that.

Slavery was a rough way to start life in America, but after 200 years would you rather be a brain surgeon or a bone in your nose Pygmy chasing Jungle Bunnies in the Congo?

[MENTION=41661]deltex1[/MENTION]

If if was up to you clivens, there would be no black brain surgeons. They would still be cotton picking slaves.

I didn't find anything in Bundy's comments which would justify your statement. I think you are being intellectually dishonest, and reaching conclusions that are not based in fact, but in your own subjective opinion of racist people.

I know several people with racist views and I doubt any of them would welcome a return to slavery, or even desire anything bad to happen to Black people. They do believe that Blacks are mentally inferior to Whites, and that makes them racists, even when they take no action on that belief.

Lest people forget, White coal miners in the United States and Europe, in the 18th and 19th centuries were also held in virtual slavery through indebtedness to the mining companies. And, many sold their male children into the same form of slavery, for a few dollars off their debt. The only escape was to die, or get too sick or old to work.

Whatever man.

While his wording could certainly use improvement, he's isn't saying that being a slave is better than being free. Not at all. He's saying that having family structure, being together, working hard, being proud was/is better than being dependent on gov't for food/housing, not working for what you have but being handed it, abortion, having young men in jail. Being offered a hand up when you need it is fine; generational welfare/dependency on government (using welfare as a leg to stand on) isn't.

You don't agree with any of this?

he is saying one form of slavery is being traded for another

I think I have.

No one alive today was ever in slavery, so none of them were hurt by it. Some older folks did suffer from Jim Crow and institutional racism, but that ended fifty some years ago, and none of the young Blacks of today were victims of that. So, who needs to catch up?

A Black baby born into a broken family, is no worse off, or better off, than a White baby born into a broken family. Poor people, and those in poverty, are equally poor or in poverty, regardless of their skin color, and they all start equal. Who needs to catch up?

What justification do you find for helping one segment of our society to "catch up", while ignoring other segments of our society who are in the same condition?

I cannot even begin to imagine the astounding amount of self-inflicted brain damage you must be experiencing right now in order to redefine slavery and make 89 percent of the blacks in America today as being worse off than the slaves in 1860.
You miss the point....Democrats have WON the battle getting BLACKS back ON the plantation. YOU are blind.:eusa_hand:

There's slavery going on and it is THIS GOVERNMENT making it happen.

^equates real slavery with imagined slavery.

but that is not his only major problem.

You have an imaginary issue. Your slavery ended decades ago. I fight slavery daily. You never join in do you. You fucking losers.

I am talking about the slavery in Sudan. It's a big smazzola. No you guys just keep going on about what happened two centuries ago whining your ass off while I'm trying to get something done in east Africa.

Go fuck yourselves and smear your slavery from two centuries ago on yourselves. Shit you people are pathetic.

Any man is better off being free. I will say this though, the blacks of today befitted from slavery. If it wasn't for slavery they'd be doing God knows what in Africa. That may not be the politically correct thing to say, but it's true.

Slavery was a rough way to start life in America, but after 200 years would you rather be a brain surgeon or a bone in your nose Pygmy chasing Jungle Bunnies in the Congo?

the one who chases bunnies is free...I like freedom. You are fucking stupid

I bet you take the bone in your ass...

Bundy has proven himself to be the Mac Daddy for white supremacists which proves we DO need watch lists. The scarey part is that he has followers. The guy who wanted to put women in front of the guns was telling on how conservatives treat women.

Oh fuck off. :lol:You just keep whacking off to your own fantasies and then get back to us over Bundy's love of Mexican families will you?

You know. The part you missed where he raved about the values of Mexican families?

neat....he likes "spanish" people....he still is a moron. you are supporting a retard....good job

You support the President of All Morons.....you moron.

Any man is better off being free. I will say this though, the blacks of today befitted from slavery. If it wasn't for slavery they'd be doing God knows what in Africa. That may not be the politically correct thing to say, but it's true.

It takes a special kind of ignorance to believe this is true. :lol:

It takes a special kind of ignorance to believe this is true. :lol:

Those racist
crackers_saltine.jpg
are going to have a hard time in the coming America

Forum List

Back