Zone1 What are the reasons Jesus (and saints) say / imply that most people end up in Hell? poll

What are the reasons Jesus (and saints) say / imply that most people end up in Hell?

• 2 People love their sins more than they love Jesus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 People don't believe they have to give up all their sins

• 4 Human nature is ugly and hard to fight against

• Total voters
who said anything about the Bible?

Yes, Catholics use the Bible (contrary to the myths abounding re the CC)

but I mentioned the CHURCH (which produced the New Testament/preserved the Old)

I guess you think God isn't big enough to protect what is vital for our salvation?
You said Jesus started a church. We dont really have evidence of that. Thats my point.

You said Jesus started a church. We dont really have evidence of that. Thats my point.
you just don't see it or maybe you just blind yourself. Many do... which I guess is how they end up in Hell. It certainly is not God's fault.

you just don't see it or maybe you just blind yourself. Many do... which I guess is how they end up in Hell. It certainly is not God's fault.
If youre interested, here is my basis for belief. Its a Carl Sagan philosophy that goes something like this...

"I have an invisible dragon in my garage. You cant touch it, you cant see it, you cant smell it, you cant hear it or otherwise detect it with any instrument, but it is real."

Do you believe me? Of course not. You werent raised to believe in my invisible dragon. All of us have an innate bullshit detector, and the more extreme the claim is, the more extreme the evidence needs to be in order to convince us. If someone tells you that they ate eggs for breakfast, you are likely going to take them at their word, but if they tell you they have an invisible dragon in their garage, you will require a shit ton of evidence before you believe it.

You and I both agree that all other religions on Earth besides yours are false, but I just take it one logical step further and apply the same standard to your religion too.

Last edited:
If youre interested, here is my basis for belief. Its a Carl Sagan philosophy that goes something like this...

"I have an invisible dragon in my garage. You cant touch it, you cant see it, you cant smell it, you cant hear it or otherwise detect it with any instrument, but it is real."

Do you believe me? Of course not. You werent raised to believe in my invisible dragon. All of us have an innate bullshit detector, and the more extreme the claim is, the more extreme the evidence needs to be in order to convince us. If someone tells you that they ate eggs for breakfast, you are likely going to take them at their word, but if they tell you they have an invisible dragon in their garage, you will require a shit ton of evidence before you believe it.

You and I both agree that all other religions on Earth besides yours are false, but I just take it one logical step further and apply the same standard to your religion too.
Consider what the universe would be like without a Creator. It would simply be matter shooting back and forth with no purpose. In other words, it is not 'you' who is directing your thinking, it is simply matter bouncing around. You matter, but are you just matter?

Thats every day for my entire life. I assume there is no creator, or I have at least not seen any proof of one.
Then nothing matters and we're all under the control of matter. No free will. Just random actions.

Thats every day for my entire life. I assume there is no creator, or I have at least not seen any proof of one.
Here is some proof

1718227453327.png

1718227490792.png

1718227568688.png

What are the reasons Jesus (and saints) say / imply that most people end up in Hell?

were those the confederate officers they chose to name our military bases and high schools and landmarks with statues in the town squares ... those same christian saints if truly looked at usually have their notoriety for reasons than heavenly inspiration as the same, chosen by their congregations - truth be told.

Showing me pictures of kids and nature isnt proof of god. Thats the dumbest fucking thing ive ever heard. :laugh:
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think swear words are allowed in this section of the forum.

In any case, I myself find the use of them very immature and when I see a poster being immature all the time

I see kitty cats..

1718229286295.png

Here's something: Just because you have no evidence of God doesn't mean no one else does. But I've noticed how it seems to endlessly bother atheists to see people who are not atheists..

laugh... It's almost like they have to .. just feel totally compelled to.. try to get Christians to stop believing in Jesus.. It's like they have to "evangelize" Christians (to their non-Christian beliefs). What's that all about?

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Here's something: Just because you have no evidence of God doesn't mean no one else does.
You can have faith in God and you'll never hear a complaint from me, but dont tell me that anyone has proof because, we wouldnt even be having this debate if anyone had proof. You need to stop being willy nilly with your words. Words have meanings. "Proof" is not a random picture or a feeling.

You can have faith in God and you'll never hear a complaint from me, but dont tell me that anyone has proof because, we wouldnt even be having this debate if anyone had proof. You need to stop being willy nilly with your words. Words have meanings. "Proof" is not a random picture or a feeling.
Thank you, Oh Wise One.

I will now give up my relationship with the Only One Who Cares About ANYONE

just because you don't believe..

:rolleyes:

Thank you, Oh Wise One.

I will now give up my relationship with the Only One Who Cares About ANYONE

just because you don't believe..

:rolleyes:
That is not a good response to my post. You are not ready for this debate. Its better that you just avoid it entirely.

Forum List

Back