What exactly do republicans have to offer blacks?

Broken promises seemed to work for Democrats. So Republicans should do that.
What broken promises, "paler shade of white guy"?
That if you vote Democrat your life will be better.
The left is for, "going honest Injeun on the Union regarding our supreme law of the land."
What does that even mean:dunno:
Here is what our Founding Fathers, told us to do:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Broken promises seemed to work for Democrats. So Republicans should do that.
The left is for, "going honest Injeun on the Union regarding our supreme law of the land."

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Agreed. General welfare doesn’t mean the government should do for the people what the people can and should do for themselves.

It’s not my first rodeo with you, brother.

Conservative policies make middle class people poorer. They shrink the middle class. They widen the gap between rich and poor. They make the rich richer. They take risks and deregulate. They favor corporations not labor

cowards-S.jpg

The major cuts in top Income tax rates and capital gains taxes transferred the cost of operating the country to working and middle class tax payers. As these classes did not have enough money for our overseas military adventures and empire building the government borrowed the money from the wealthy, here and abroad, instead of taking it with taxation. The Republicans also discontinued tuition grants to lower and middleclass students funded by taxing the wealthy and replaced the grants with loans owned by the wealthy. They also stopped paying for the maintenance of the infrastructure and put the burden on States and Towns funded with sales and property taxes disproportionally paid by the working and middle classes.

These policies were designed and implemented in order to reduce the aggregate wealth of the lower classes and to insure a larger gap in power, exclusivity and privilege for the uber class. They have worked very well.

And this is just one example. Trickle down doesn't work bro. As we can see since Reagan the middle class has taken a major hit

Thom Hartmann: Nobles Need Not Pay Taxes

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts

Just because I do very well in this society, doesn't mean that I'm rich. I'm certainly doing better than 90% of you but still I see that Republican policies hurt people like me and people who make less than me. It's obvious their policies benefit the rich more than they do the middle class.

You are probably like me. The way Republicans hurt the middle class doesn't affect you as much as it does a family that makes only $50,000 a year. They are fucked. Now I could pretend to be a greedy ignorant fuck like you and not give a damn and say liberals are lying but I can't get myself to be intellectually dishonest when discussing such things.

How do Republicans benefit you? And not just you. Maybe they do benefit you. How do they benefit the middle class in your state? This aught to be good.

Trickle down doesn't exist, Sealy! Anyone that's EVER run a business understands only too well that profit trickles up...not down!

The fact that you need to ASK what GOP policies do to benefit everyone with the unemployment numbers we've had for the past two plus years and all of the other positive economic numbers tells me that you're ignoring what's actually taken place!

Who gives a fuck if everyone is working if they are aren't making enough? Meanwhile their bosses are richer than ever. What happened? How come since 1970 we have gotten poorer and poorer and the rich have gotten richer and richer? I think you know what happened. The rich waged war on the middle class. We were making too much and that was cutting into corporate profits.

Most people in the U.S. are living in financially precarious circumstances. Half of all Americans have nothing put away for retirement and the vast majority of them have under $1,000 saved, total.

According to a 2016 GOBankingRates survey, 35 percent of all adults in the U.S. have only several hundred dollars in their savings accounts and 34 percent have zero. Only 15 percent have over $10,000 stashed away.

For contrast, here’s how much experts say you should have saved at every age:

In your 20s: Aim to save 25 percent of your overall gross pay

By age 30: Have the equivalent of your annual salary saved

By age 35: Have twice your annual salary saved.

By age 40: Have three times your annual salary saved.

By age 45: Have four times your annual salary saved.

By age 50: Have five times your annual salary saved.

The middle class you remember when America was great was making a lot of money. The corporations didn't like that. That's why they started hiring illegals and started sending those high paying jobs overseas. And it's why they broke the unions. No coincidence that since union membership in America went from 35% of our workforce down to 9%, wages have gone down too. Why? Because labor has no say now. You are worth what the corporations say you are worth. And usually they don't think you are worth very much. But how much is the CEO worth? Well he's worth more than ever.

CEOs make $15.6 million on average—here’s how much their pay has increased compared to yours over the year

So are you a CEO or an idiot?

Agreed. General welfare doesn’t mean the government should do for the people what the people can and should do for themselves.

It’s not my first rodeo with you, brother.
how does what you claim, insure domestic Tranquility for our Union?

The democrats cling to the myth of class warfare the same way they cling to the myth of overpopulation and racial discord, and for the same reason.

The democrats cling to the myth of class warfare the same way they cling to the myth of overpopulation and racial discord, and for the same reason.
Class warfare is real for the Poor under our form of Capitalism. The right wing doesn't believe the Poor are worth equality or equal protection of the law under our form of Capitalism.

Last edited:

How can you deny it?

The average CEO pay is 271 times the nearly $58,000 annual average pay of the typical American worker.
Compare that to 1978, when CEO earnings were only 30 times the typical worker’s salary.

The American Middle Class Hasn’t Gotten A Raise In 15 Years

Have you gotten a raise in the last 15 years? Oh yea that's right you're a public school teacher who has a union that fights for your sorry ass.

OUR NEW AD -- Real Wages Still Below 1970s Wages

No coincidence here buddy. The middle class stopped getting raises as CEO pay went from 30 times what we make to 271 times what we make. That means instead of giving us raises, the CEO took all the money. Him and his VP's. And shareholders.

The average CEO pay is 271 times the nearly $58,000 annual average pay of the typical American worker.
Compare that to 1978, when CEO earnings were only 30 times the typical worker’s salary.

Aren't you in a union that got you a $70,000 a year salary?

The democrats are going to have to face the harsh reality that their “lie until they believe you “ tactic isn’t working as well anymore.

Conservative policies make middle class people poorer. They shrink the middle class. They widen the gap between rich and poor. They make the rich richer. They take risks and deregulate. They favor corporations not labor

cowards-S.jpg

The major cuts in top Income tax rates and capital gains taxes transferred the cost of operating the country to working and middle class tax payers. As these classes did not have enough money for our overseas military adventures and empire building the government borrowed the money from the wealthy, here and abroad, instead of taking it with taxation. The Republicans also discontinued tuition grants to lower and middleclass students funded by taxing the wealthy and replaced the grants with loans owned by the wealthy. They also stopped paying for the maintenance of the infrastructure and put the burden on States and Towns funded with sales and property taxes disproportionally paid by the working and middle classes.

These policies were designed and implemented in order to reduce the aggregate wealth of the lower classes and to insure a larger gap in power, exclusivity and privilege for the uber class. They have worked very well.

And this is just one example. Trickle down doesn't work bro. As we can see since Reagan the middle class has taken a major hit

Just because I do very well in this society, doesn't mean that I'm rich. I'm certainly doing better than 90% of you but still I see that Republican policies hurt people like me and people who make less than me. It's obvious their policies benefit the rich more than they do the middle class.

You are probably like me. The way Republicans hurt the middle class doesn't affect you as much as it does a family that makes only $50,000 a year. They are fucked. Now I could pretend to be a greedy ignorant fuck like you and not give a damn and say liberals are lying but I can't get myself to be intellectually dishonest when discussing such things.

How do Republicans benefit you? And not just you. Maybe they do benefit you. How do they benefit the middle class in your state? This aught to be good.

Trickle down doesn't exist, Sealy! Anyone that's EVER run a business understands only too well that profit trickles up...not down!

The fact that you need to ASK what GOP policies do to benefit everyone with the unemployment numbers we've had for the past two plus years and all of the other positive economic numbers tells me that you're ignoring what's actually taken place!

Who gives a fuck if everyone is working if they are aren't making enough? Meanwhile their bosses are richer than ever. What happened? How come since 1970 we have gotten poorer and poorer and the rich have gotten richer and richer? I think you know what happened. The rich waged war on the middle class. We were making too much and that was cutting into corporate profits.

Most people in the U.S. are living in financially precarious circumstances. Half of all Americans have nothing put away for retirement and the vast majority of them have under $1,000 saved, total.

According to a 2016 GOBankingRates survey, 35 percent of all adults in the U.S. have only several hundred dollars in their savings accounts and 34 percent have zero. Only 15 percent have over $10,000 stashed away.

The middle class you remember when America was great was making a lot of money. The corporations didn't like that. That's why they started hiring illegals and started sending those high paying jobs overseas. And it's why they broke the unions. No coincidence that since union membership in America went from 35% of our workforce down to 9%, wages have gone down too. Why? Because labor has no say now. You are worth what the corporations say you are worth. And usually they don't think you are worth very much. But how much is the CEO worth? Well he's worth more than ever.

CEOs make $15.6 million on average—here’s how much their pay has increased compared to yours over the year

Your stats are wonderful Sealy...but as usual you haven't thought them through! The reason that so many Americans don't have anything put away for retirement isn't that the rich waged war on the middle class...it's because The Great Recession decimated their lives savings! Record numbers of people went on unemployment for a record length of time and those people paid their bills the only way they knew how...spending the money that they'd saved. They didn't lose that money because they weren't in a union...they lost that money because Barack Obama's response to a major recession was so poor that the recession lingered on...and on...and on! People in the middle class are back working now and they're starting to save money again. You can't replace a lifetime's savings in just a few years however and the hangover from that recession will linger for a long time! What's amusing to me is watching someone like you claim that it's GOP policies that caused this! Meanwhile Barry is buying his mansion on Martha's Vineyard so he can better hang out with all of his billionaire friends but you actually think HE did something to shrink the gap in pay between the middle class and the wealthy!

The democrats are going to have to face the harsh reality that their “lie until they believe you “ tactic isn’t working as well anymore.

You're just lucky you're in a union. If you weren't you'd only be making $58,000 a year.

If this isn't class warfare on the middle class, what is it? The CEO's decided that for the next 40 years our pay would stay the same but they would keep giving themselves all the raises. If you have another explanation I'd love to hear it.

And this isn't the only way the rich have waged war on the overpaid American middle class. They hire illegals instead of Americans and they send any high paying jobs overseas.

cowards-S.jpg

Your stats are wonderful Sealy...but as usual you haven't thought them through! The reason that so many Americans don't have anything put away for retirement isn't that the rich waged war on the middle class...it's because The Great Recession decimated their lives savings! Record numbers of people went on unemployment for a record length of time and those people paid their bills the only way they knew how...spending the money that they'd saved. They didn't lose that money because they weren't in a union...they lost that money because Barack Obama's response to a major recession was so poor that the recession lingered on...and on...and on! People in the middle class are back working now and they're starting to save money again. You can't replace a lifetime's savings in just a few years however and the hangover from that recession will linger for a long time! What's amusing to me is watching someone like you claim that it's GOP policies that caused this! Meanwhile Barry is buying his mansion on Martha's Vineyard so he can better hang out with all of his billionaire friends but you actually think HE did something to shrink the gap in pay between the middle class and the wealthy!

Barry is rich. I'd buy a mansion too if I were rich. That doesn't mean I'd stop advocating for the middle class.

This started long before the Bush Great Recession and don't blame Barry for this.

Can you explain this? Is this also Democrats fault?

Barry is rich. I'd buy a mansion too if I were rich. That doesn't mean I'd stop advocating for the middle class.

This started long before the Bush Great Recession and don't blame Barry for this.

You really think Barack Obama "advocated" for the Middle Class? In what way?
You think his economic policies were designed to help the average Middle Class person working in the Private Sector? How so?
The truth is that the Middle Class took a beating during Barry's two terms! The rich got richer. The poor got more handouts. The Middle Class got abused. It's why Trump won in States like Michigan but you're too myopic to see that.

You really think Barack Obama "advocated" for the Middle Class? In what way?
You think his economic policies were designed to help the average Middle Class person working in the Private Sector? How so?
The truth is that the Middle Class took a beating during Barry's two terms! The rich got richer. The poor got more handouts. The Middle Class got abused. It's why Trump won in States like Michigan but you're too myopic to see that.

How did the rich get richer under Barry? What did he do to cause it? And what would you have done to stop it? You mean the bank bailout? Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump would have done the same thing because the bankers own our country.

What did Obama want to do? Lowering the tax burden on middle-class families, expanding access to education, job training and retirement, closing loopholes and raising taxes on capital gains had no chance of being passed with a Republican controlled house and senate.

And what did Trump do?

The Republican tax bill will exacerbate income inequality in America

The Republican tax bill will exacerbate income inequality in America
“The bill is investing heavily in the wealthy and their children.”

The Trump Tax Cuts Did One Thing: Give Rich People More Money

So don't complain about Barry doing these things but then turn around and not mind that Trump's doing exactly what you accuse Barry of doing. That would make you a hypocrite.

And what did Barry do? He got us out of the Great Recession your buddy Bush created.

cowards-S.jpg

Would you like for the government to regulate wages?

cowards-S.jpg

I would like for the Government to regulate the Rock Bottom Cost of a form of "minimum wage" that simply pays the least efficient labor market participants, to not provide labor input to the economy and take time to improve themselves and their situation, so they will be able to participate in a more beneficial and friendly manner, in our market based economy.

I would like for the Government to regulate the Rock Bottom Cost of a form of "minimum wage" that simply pays the least efficient labor market participants, to not provide labor input to the economy and take time to improve themselves and their situation, so they will be able to participate in a more beneficial and friendly manner, in our market based economy.
Don’t we already do that?

What happened to "at a certain point you've made enough money"?

Forum List

Back