What Happened to Church?

the 4th century christian bible is a political agenda disguised as a religion patronizing 1st century events to advance its own agenda rather than the aspirations derived from that period, the christ being a primary example.

and has been used for that purpose from that time to the present encapsulated by congregational hegemony without cause ...

I can't decide if leftist religiophobes are just too stupid to understand the phrase "off-topic", or if they just think their calling to evangelize the world with the news that they hate God makes them above the rules.

I take that back. I can decide. Leftists are always too smugly sanctimonious to think that they're subject to the same restrictions as the peasantry.
Taz is a militant atheist. She condemns respect for people of faith and believes it is her mission to subordinate religion.

Taz is a bitter child who has spent her life acting out her rage at some disappointment she suffered in her past.
More insults, what a FUCKING SURPRISE!!!!!

Wasn't an insult, dear. Was a factual observation. Sorry if it touched a nerve.
I bet Jesus went around insulting people and then saying "sorry brah, it's the truth". Ya, somehow I can see that happening. Carry on.

Truth is, I wouldn't even be praying for Taz if God hadn't metaphorically smacked me upside the head and told me to. God has people in His service who are all about the love and compassion and reaching out to others; I am not one of those people. I can only assume that if God went to enough effort to lay a burden on MY heart, powerful enough for me to take notice of it, something is seriously up. Several somethings.

Left to my own devices, I view Taz as the human equivalent of a mild skin rash.

Me and you both, sister, on the compassionate side that is. I assume you're a sister by the username at any rate. I'm a decision-maker type, what is the right thing to do type. It has its finer points but I have to remind myself of compassion.

Glad you found a church! It's getting more and more difficult these days

Heard that.

I'm usually a member of the "swift kick in the reality" brigade. I have no idea what God wants with Taz or why now, but He is the greatest multi-tasker ever, and it's already obvious one of His goals here is to expand my horizons.

Most all of the Internet Atheist Brigade think our faith is very light and weak. They think if they make a few snide remarks or ask a few difficult questions, they can pierce it and eventually destroy it.

For some, because this is how it happened to them, this is how they assume it must happen for everyone. At the very least, this reveals a certain paucity of imagination. It also reveals that they didn't have much faith to begin with. And we both know I don't mean faith like 'blind belief', which is how THEY think we use it. Because that's all they think faith is.

Oh, it's not just people on the Internet. Look at virtually any cultural representation of Christians, be it movies, television, books . . . As far as they're concerned, Christians are falling away from God in droves over "crises of faith" that are mostly only crises to people observing Christianity from the outside.

And to bring it back around to my topic, this sort of thing is exactly why "drive-through Christianity" alarms and upsets me: because by trying to "modernize" itself to conform to the very last people in the world who should be setting standards, the Church is producing a generation of weak Christians who really are likely to fall down the first time things are rough.

When the Word is less important than the entertainment, the seed falls on rocky ground and quickly dries up and blows away. Entertainment can help carry the message, but it can also overwhelm and drown it out.

True, that.

Just the latest in a long line of distractions and misdirections. I've also been in churches that started swinging too far the other way, and making a point of pride out of being as unworldly as they could. I am pretty equally opposed to AG churches trying to be Amish Lite.

You're not asking questions. You're making declarations disguised as questions. REAL questions involve the desire to find an answer.
I started out asking what you people give in the plate in today's church and nobody would answer. How come? I'm just curious. Something wrong with that?

I told you once. Go back through the thread. You'll find it.
Shut up, cheapskate. I’m not talking to you.

I know that well, and I'm not surprised, because if you paid any attention to what I told you, you would have to realize you already had the answer to your trolling question and would stop asking it.

Do not dismiss lightly God getting your attention.
You're not God, so stfu.

So did you go back and find the answer you were given?

Proof positive that most unbelievers really think they are gods. I doubt very much that, except to pray for you, most of us give you a thought when we step away from our computers, and certainly not enough to "go completely over the edge". However, YOU really, really need to think that you're chipping away at our beliefs.

You need us. You might think about exploring why that is.
Once you get to know dingbat, you'll see him for the fool he is. I came here looking for proof of god. So far nothing, just a lot of hot air, and surprisingly, a ton of insults constantly.

Perhaps if you started by being honest, you'd encounter fewer insults.
So it's ok for self-professed Christians to insult people at will? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

At what point did anyone, let alone me, indicate that they were hungering for your judgement and advice on being a Christian?

I realize that would you prefer if all Christians adhered to the funhouse caricature people like you have of a bunch of pacifists who just mill around while you take potshots at them, because God knows, that's literally the only way you could ever win an argument.

Be that as it may, let me clarify: your approval or disapproval means less than nothing to me.
Well I at least got you to address one post to me without insulting me, so I do have an influence on you. Or is it God doing his dirty work again?

Actually, I just said the exact same thing to you that I always do.

I'm trying to figure out if the bible is true.

the 4th century christian bible is a political agenda disguised as a religion patronizing 1st century events to advance its own agenda rather than the aspirations derived from that period, the christ being a primary example.

I mean, Paul went from persecution to an apostle, but then, he was really an outlier.

and has been used for that purpose from that time to the present encapsulated by congregational hegemony without cause ...

I can't decide if leftist religiophobes are just too stupid to understand the phrase "off-topic", or if they just think their calling to evangelize the world with the news that they hate God makes them above the rules.

I take that back. I can decide. Leftists are always too smugly sanctimonious to think that they're subject to the same restrictions as the peasantry.
Taz is a militant atheist. She condemns respect for people of faith and believes it is her mission to subordinate religion.

Taz is a bitter child who has spent her life acting out her rage at some disappointment she suffered in her past.

Perhaps if you didn't ACT like a bitter child who has spent her life acting out her rage at some disappointment she suffered in her past, you wouldn't be called that.

Last edited:

I mean, Paul went from persecution to an apostle, but then, he was really an outlier.

Taz is the poster Mudda. She is a lesbian and lashes out against Christians and Christianity. I suspect she is married and raising a child with her wife. She is quite passionate on the subject of gay marriage and parenting and will engage in serious discussion on that subject. Otherwise, she is only trying to anger and push buttons. So I agree with your assessment that she is bitter and angry.

Me and you both, sister, on the compassionate side that is. I assume you're a sister by the username at any rate. I'm a decision-maker type, what is the right thing to do type. It has its finer points but I have to remind myself of compassion.

Glad you found a church! It's getting more and more difficult these days

Heard that.

I'm usually a member of the "swift kick in the reality" brigade. I have no idea what God wants with Taz or why now, but He is the greatest multi-tasker ever, and it's already obvious one of His goals here is to expand my horizons.

Most all of the Internet Atheist Brigade think our faith is very light and weak. They think if they make a few snide remarks or ask a few difficult questions, they can pierce it and eventually destroy it.

For some, because this is how it happened to them, this is how they assume it must happen for everyone. At the very least, this reveals a certain paucity of imagination. It also reveals that they didn't have much faith to begin with. And we both know I don't mean faith like 'blind belief', which is how THEY think we use it. Because that's all they think faith is.

Oh, it's not just people on the Internet. Look at virtually any cultural representation of Christians, be it movies, television, books . . . As far as they're concerned, Christians are falling away from God in droves over "crises of faith" that are mostly only crises to people observing Christianity from the outside.

And to bring it back around to my topic, this sort of thing is exactly why "drive-through Christianity" alarms and upsets me: because by trying to "modernize" itself to conform to the very last people in the world who should be setting standards, the Church is producing a generation of weak Christians who really are likely to fall down the first time things are rough.

When the Word is less important than the entertainment, the seed falls on rocky ground and quickly dries up and blows away. Entertainment can help carry the message, but it can also overwhelm and drown it out.

True, that.

Just the latest in a long line of distractions and misdirections. I've also been in churches that started swinging too far the other way, and making a point of pride out of being as unworldly as they could. I am pretty equally opposed to AG churches trying to be Amish Lite.
I'd probably go for a good Baptist church for the music, but I wouldn't be able to handle all the yelling from the preacher. Know what I'm saying?

Your righteous indignation would carry more weight if your mission wasn't to condemn respect for people of faith. It seems that you can dish it out but are not very good at taking what you dish out.
I never said that I cared about the insults. I'm just pointing out the Christians who insult me non-stop, like you.

You're just dancing around, shrieking, "I think Christians should be THIS, and you're not living up to the standards I've decided that I get to set for something I don't believe in!"

Doesn't seem to be seeping into your brain at all that your pronouncements on the subject could not be less valued.

I started out asking what you people give in the plate in today's church and nobody would answer. How come? I'm just curious. Something wrong with that?

I told you once. Go back through the thread. You'll find it.
Shut up, cheapskate. I’m not talking to you.

I know that well, and I'm not surprised, because if you paid any attention to what I told you, you would have to realize you already had the answer to your trolling question and would stop asking it.

You're not God, so stfu.

So did you go back and find the answer you were given?

God wrote on the thread? WHERE?

Once you get to know dingbat, you'll see him for the fool he is. I came here looking for proof of god. So far nothing, just a lot of hot air, and surprisingly, a ton of insults constantly.

Perhaps if you started by being honest, you'd encounter fewer insults.
So it's ok for self-professed Christians to insult people at will? Is that your final answer? :biggrin:

At what point did anyone, let alone me, indicate that they were hungering for your judgement and advice on being a Christian?

I realize that would you prefer if all Christians adhered to the funhouse caricature people like you have of a bunch of pacifists who just mill around while you take potshots at them, because God knows, that's literally the only way you could ever win an argument.

Be that as it may, let me clarify: your approval or disapproval means less than nothing to me.
Well I at least got you to address one post to me without insulting me, so I do have an influence on you. Or is it God doing his dirty work again?

Actually, I just said the exact same thing to you that I always do.
:11_2_1043:

Did you somehow miss the multiple times that you were told it's nosy, none of your business, off-topic, and shockingly crass and ill-mannered?

I'm fairly certain you were raised around human beings at least part of your life, so I fail to see how you could be so ignorant of basic social courtesies.
I was thinking of going to church and I just wanted to know what's appropriate these days to drop in the plate? How about a couple of pork chops?

:offtopic:
Pork chops are off topic? Really?

The entire subject of giving is off topic precisely because you are attempting to use it to divert and distract. It has nothing to do with the OP.

Since you don't go to church, you're not even qualified to comment on the thread.
You go to church and are clearly not fit to comment on anything, period. Now stfu, I'm not even talking to you.

Tell us again what you think is the topic of this thread, then compare it to the topics you incessantly bring up and your lack of qualifications to talk about the changes in the modern church.

Perhaps is you didn't ACT like a bitter child who has spent her life acting out her rage at some disappointment she suffered in her past, you wouldn't be called that.
Another so-called Christian coming to fling insults. Just like Jesus would, I suppose.

Your righteous indignation would carry more weight if your mission wasn't to condemn respect for people of faith. It seems that you can dish it out but are not very good at taking what you dish out.
I never said that I cared about the insults. I'm just pointing out the Christians who insult me non-stop, like you.

You're just dancing around, shrieking, "I think Christians should be THIS, and you're not living up to the standards I've decided that I get to set for something I don't believe in!"

Doesn't seem to be seeping into your brain at all that your pronouncements on the subject could not be less valued.
Then why are you responding to me if you don't value my opinion?

So it's not ok for me to ask questions precisely because I haven't gone to church since I was about 7 years old?

Well for my part--I know this wasn't directed at me--it's okay to ask questions even if you don't go to church. Sometimes that's the best way. Some people from our church meet in local gathering places around town, even PUBS (gasp!) to meet up with people to hang out and answer questions they have. All hard questions allowed.

I remember one time at our church, this one couple got up to say they love to go out on the weekend and play pool with friends, and sometimes they talk about hard stuff and God then. Husband has longer hair and a ponytail. These new visitors got up and walked out right then. I kinda thought, well bye then. That wasn't very nice I guess....but they would have been kinda judgey for my church.

FWIW we are not one of these non-denominational fog machine churches either. At all. Very Biblical. We just realize that we are like the people in the Bible. Screw ups. Church is for screw ups. Like us. I'm not just saying that.
So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?

I don't know. If He is God, He could certainly do it.

I'm not very concerned about kangaroos. I'm more concerned about church and faith and God. Do you have questions like that, or just silly gotcha questions?

I do not believe you.

You have decided that if you can "disprove" some aspect of the Bible, you don't have to accept any part of it and thus can live as selfishly and sinfully as you want with no guilt.

No, Taz has decided if she can ask inane questions about some aspect of the Bible enough, she can convince someone that that somehow disproves it.

I don't think it's about her wanting to live selfishly and sinfully, though. I think . . . she was hurt somehow, and decided to blame God for it. All of this is just her acting that out. The idea of other people believing in something she feels let her down enrages her. That's why she's psychologically incapable of ever letting people discuss believing in God in any way, shape, or form without having to disrupt it with her caperings and foolishness.

I was thinking of going to church and I just wanted to know what's appropriate these days to drop in the plate? How about a couple of pork chops?

The entire subject of giving is off topic precisely because you are attempting to use it to divert and distract. It has nothing to do with the OP.

Since you don't go to church, you're not even qualified to comment on the thread.
You go to church and are clearly not fit to comment on anything, period. Now stfu, I'm not even talking to you.

Tell us again what you think is the topic of this thread, then compare it to the topics you incessantly bring up and your lack of qualifications to talk about the changes in the modern church.
Speaking of "changes in the modern church", how much does one drop in the collection plate these days?

Well for my part--I know this wasn't directed at me--it's okay to ask questions even if you don't go to church. Sometimes that's the best way. Some people from our church meet in local gathering places around town, even PUBS (gasp!) to meet up with people to hang out and answer questions they have. All hard questions allowed.

I remember one time at our church, this one couple got up to say they love to go out on the weekend and play pool with friends, and sometimes they talk about hard stuff and God then. Husband has longer hair and a ponytail. These new visitors got up and walked out right then. I kinda thought, well bye then. That wasn't very nice I guess....but they would have been kinda judgey for my church.

FWIW we are not one of these non-denominational fog machine churches either. At all. Very Biblical. We just realize that we are like the people in the Bible. Screw ups. Church is for screw ups. Like us. I'm not just saying that.

I'm not very concerned about kangaroos. I'm more concerned about church and faith and God. Do you have questions like that, or just silly gotcha questions?

I do not believe you.

You have decided that if you can "disprove" some aspect of the Bible, you don't have to accept any part of it and thus can live as selfishly and sinfully as you want with no guilt.

No, Taz has decided if she can ask inane questions about some aspect of the Bible enough, she can convince someone that that somehow disproves it.

I don't think it's about her wanting to live selfishly and sinfully, though. I think . . . she was hurt somehow, and decided to blame God for it. All of this is just her acting that out. The idea of other people believing in something she feels let her down enrages her. That's why she's psychologically incapable of ever letting people discuss believing in God in any way, shape, or form without having to disrupt it with her caperings and foolishness.
"caperings and foolishness"!!!!! :rofl:

I DO have an influence on you!!!! :biggrin:

A disproportionate number of males to females. That won't end well.
That had nothing to do with forced abortions, people were choosing to have too many boys. So that makes you wrong. Gee, I'm almost shocked. :biggrin:
It has everything to do with forced abortions (aka the one child policy). If they could have more than one child they would not choose to abort the females. That's why there is a disproportionate number of males to females in China. Because if they can only have one child they want it to be a male.
They weren't forced to abort the females. You know nothing. As usual.

Okay, both of you. Putting a stop to the "forced abortion" tangent. Go start a thread for it, if that's what you want.
Just tell dingbat that he's wrong. You know he is.

You have obviously mistaken me for your waitress; I don't take orders.

I do not believe you.

Didn't I tell you to stfu? You hard of reading?

Oh, you did? How's that working out for you? Throughout history, it has been a standard response from the world to silence Christians, because when Christians speak, conviction follows. Heck, it wasn't but a short time from Jesus' Ascension that they were trying to silence the believers by killing them. It never works, BTW.

Heard that.

God is using me to test you. Now play nice. :biggrin:

I am certain that God wants many things from me. I'm equally certain that your skewed perceptions of "nice" and what Christians should be aren't even remotely part of it.
You just failed His first test. Want a do-over? :biggrin:

Did you miss the part where your opinions matter to no one?
They matter to god, don't they?

No. You do, but the garbage spewing from you does not.

Let me clear up your confusion, Taz. Dropping pork chops in the collection plate would not be appropriate. Bringing frozen pork chops for a food drive would be appropriate. Or better yet, personally delivering pork chops to a family in need would be even better as this would be the most effective form of subsidiarity and charity. You're welcome.

Kinda like coaching Mowgli after he comes in from the jungle, isn't it?

It's MY topic. If I want to take a post to comment on your incessant attempts to destroy the thread, you have nothing to say about it except "Thanks for noticing my pathetic need for attention".
I apologize. I only was using it as an example of reaping what we sow.

S'okay. I know how hard it is to have any kind of serious discussion around rampaging children.

Forum List

Back