What if Obama did this?

Why is T
If Obama hid the records of Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan before they were to be vetted by the senate, what would the Republicans and their fellow travelers do?

Trump admin withholds 100,000-plus pages of Kavanaugh docs - CNNPolitics

We all know what they would do!

Have documents like this ever been asked for with regards to another candidate? How many of them?

Kavenaugh has an extensive case history that should be more than enough to figure out his competence.
rump invoking executive privilege when the documents were generated during the Bush 43 administration?

If Obama hid the records of Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan before they were to be vetted by the senate, what would the Republicans and their fellow travelers do?

FACTS...

Kavanaugh's papers confirmed that lawyers have finished going through the records and have turned over about 415,000 pages to the committee,
although about 147,000 of those pages are being withheld from public view.
Burck said in the letter that 101,921 pages are not being given to the committee because the White House believes they are protected by presidential privilege and, after discussions with the Justice Department, "has directed that we not provide these documents for this reason."
Trump to withhold 100,000 pages of Kavanaugh's White House records
Senate digs through record 1 million pages of documents on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh
The Latest US and World News - USATODAY.com

The take away from 10-pages of Republican Fellow Travelers above is clear and completely transparent:

They support The Judiciary Committee Chairman (Grassley) who has put his party and Trump above the law of the land, and have exposed themselves as liars and hypocrites.

Given recent history any person who has watched the behavior of McConnell, Nunes, Grassley and other elected officials of t
the GOP, and their supporters above, are compelled to protect the power the R Party now has, and must be protected at all costs. And that includes packing the Supreme Court!

None dare call them or those above patriots!

Doubt they would have behaved well, but screaming hysterically and destroying decorum? I doubt it.

"LOCK HER UP" ring a bell"? How much decorum and restraint is apparent there?

Have documents like this ever been asked for with regards to another candidate? How many of them?

Kavenaugh has an extensive case history that should be more than enough to figure out his competence.
I’m not going to presume to know what’s actually is happening with these documents but your response is comical. If Trump is withholding docs then that is messed up, doesn’t matter if they were asked for in the past.

Can I use your response when you ask for Hillary’s 30k emails? Well they got plenty of others so that should be fine... right?

Hillary's emails were illegally placed on a non-governmental server. From my understanding the documents requested are internal White House counsel documents.

Now if there is a question of privilege here, has any other SC nominee been told or asked to released privileged documentation as part of their process?
If the reasoning is legitimately privilege or national security then I’m fine with not releasing them. If they were withheld amoungst other like documents that were released then there is an issue. If they were withhheld because they have potentially political damning information then I have a problem with that. You should too.

Doubt they would have behaved well, but screaming hysterically and destroying decorum? I doubt it.

"LOCK HER UP" ring a bell"? How much decorum and restraint is apparent there?
How much time was taken up by that silly outburst? How many participants?

I’m not going to presume to know what’s actually is happening with these documents but your response is comical. If Trump is withholding docs then that is messed up, doesn’t matter if they were asked for in the past.

Can I use your response when you ask for Hillary’s 30k emails? Well they got plenty of others so that should be fine... right?
bush dumping 42k pages hours before the vote - well looks like both sides are hot and heavy into politics, not right and wrong.

we allow our side to do it in a "revenge" fashion, the other side will just do it cause you did. we keep on spinning down a drain of stupid because we want revenge, not justice.
Well said and absolutely true. Didn’t we learn that two wrongs don’t make a right when we were in grade school?

bush dumping 42k pages hours before the vote - well looks like both sides are hot and heavy into politics, not right and wrong.

we allow our side to do it in a "revenge" fashion, the other side will just do it cause you did. we keep on spinning down a drain of stupid because we want revenge, not justice.
Well said and absolutely true. Didn’t we learn that two wrongs don’t make a right when we were in grade school?
most of the bickering going on is very 4th grade "he did it first" crap and those engaged in it for some reason feel there's a higher calling to push them on. if these people are parents there's no way they let their kids act like this.

but it's ok for them. lord the examples we set for our youth these days.

Hillary's emails were illegally placed on a non-governmental server. From my understanding the documents requested are internal White House counsel documents.

Now if there is a question of privilege here, has any other SC nominee been told or asked to released privileged documentation as part of their process?
If the reasoning is legitimately privilege or national security then I’m fine with not releasing them. If they were withheld amoungst other like documents that were released then there is an issue. If they were withhheld because they have potentially political damning information then I have a problem with that. You should too.
well the flip side is that the left, even before this potential justice was named, already was against it and even released some literature after he was announced with more or less "insert name here". it doesn't matter who trump would have nominated, the left was going to shit kittens and disrupt anything they can cause it's all they got.

also - how much has already been released about him? more or less than previous nominations?

obama5.jpg

To be blunt, people would vote for me. They just would. Why? Maybe because I'm so good looking.

What if Obama did this?

obama6.jpg

I was surprised that Pelosi didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost -- it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing. He lied. He got us into the war with lies.

howm%20nay%20records_1.png

seems we have more on him than anyone else in the history of nominations. so unless the left wants to set a precedence that when they do in fact get to nominate someone again, THIS will be the response, they need to eat it and shut up and move on.

otherwise this "payback" only means the right can disrupt the proceedings and keep demanding more information to keep ANYONE from being nominated. i can't picture a more stupid precedence to set than what the left is doing now - esp given we *are in fact* now living in a PAYBACK society.

Illegally placed? There was an actual law that prohibited her from using a private server?

So you are saying breaking security rules (which are enacted via law) are perfectly legal?

Something is either legal, or illegal.

Which is it?

If it's illegal there would be a law...cite it.

Here ya go.

3 Federal Laws Hillary May Have Violated By Using Personal Email Accounts for State Business

May have? And that was in 2015? Turned out "may have" was not. :lol:

You said the server was illegally placed. The old supposition ("may have violated") you posted doesn't support your claim.

I just cited a few of them. that you don't believe them or want to play word games of illegality vs. Criminality shows all you have is chutzpah as a defense.

None of what someone else cited said her server was illegally placed as you claimed. There was nothing illegal in her use or placement of a private server.

You know that's not what Nancy Pelosi said, right? Sara Palin didn't say she could see Russia from her house and Pelosi did not say you have to pass it to read it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-healthcare-pass-the-bill-to-see-what-is-in-it/
so you're going to tell me that's not what she said and give me a snopes article that says she said it as proof.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha

WHAT'S TRUE
Nancy Pelosi did utter the words attributed to her about the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

dats some funny chit right there, son.

You didn't read the link at all...that's what's funny. If you want to stay ignorant, that's on you.
oh lord dude - stop being stupid. of course i read it - where do you think i got this quote?

WHAT'S TRUE
Nancy Pelosi did utter the words attributed to her about the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

FROM YOUR OWN DAMN ARTICLE THAT SAYS SHE SAID IT.

now if you want to pretend she meant something else that isn't the same as the claim you made that she never said it.

Did you read farther than that? She did not say they, the legislators, had to pass it to read it. In context she was saying that the American people would find out all that was in it when it was passed, not that the legislators would have to pass it before they could read it. You often try to be an honest broker...try it now.
i already said she likely meant something else - but if you read back - YOU SAID she NEVER SAID THE WORDS then gave me a snopes article which said she did BUT...

so - she said 'em. that part is not up for debate.

She never said the words you claimed nor the intent you inferred.

What if Obama did this?

obama7.jpg

I think Vi*gra is wonderful if you need it, if you have medical issues, if you've had surgery. I've just never needed it. Frankly, I wouldn't mind if there were an anti-V*agra, something with the opposite effect. I'm not bragging. I'm just lucky. I don't need it.

So you are saying breaking security rules (which are enacted via law) are perfectly legal?

Something is either legal, or illegal.

Which is it?

If it's illegal there would be a law...cite it.

Here ya go.

3 Federal Laws Hillary May Have Violated By Using Personal Email Accounts for State Business

May have? And that was in 2015? Turned out "may have" was not. :lol:

You said the server was illegally placed. The old supposition ("may have violated") you posted doesn't support your claim.

I just cited a few of them. that you don't believe them or want to play word games of illegality vs. Criminality shows all you have is chutzpah as a defense.

None of what someone else cited said her server was illegally placed as you claimed. There was nothing illegal in her use or placement of a private server.
and that is the core flaw that needs to be addressed. no one should be allowed to send gov e-mail through a private server, then we don't have these "misunderstandings".

so you're going to tell me that's not what she said and give me a snopes article that says she said it as proof.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha

WHAT'S TRUE

dats some funny chit right there, son.

You didn't read the link at all...that's what's funny. If you want to stay ignorant, that's on you.
oh lord dude - stop being stupid. of course i read it - where do you think i got this quote?

WHAT'S TRUE

FROM YOUR OWN DAMN ARTICLE THAT SAYS SHE SAID IT.

now if you want to pretend she meant something else that isn't the same as the claim you made that she never said it.

Did you read farther than that? She did not say they, the legislators, had to pass it to read it. In context she was saying that the American people would find out all that was in it when it was passed, not that the legislators would have to pass it before they could read it. You often try to be an honest broker...try it now.
i already said she likely meant something else - but if you read back - YOU SAID she NEVER SAID THE WORDS then gave me a snopes article which said she did BUT...

so - she said 'em. that part is not up for debate.

She never said the words you claimed nor the intent you inferred.
yes. she did. now as for what she meant, i know very few who are qualified to know what the hell pelosi means. but if you're trying to tell me the american people had to pass it to see what is in it, then pray tell, when do the american people vote on such measures directly?

i'll wait for a good answer for this one.

Than why withhold them? What is he and Trump hiding?

That doesn't answer my question.

Don't be a knucklehead; the entire record not only case records cherry picked.

And again, were the type of records the Dems are whining about ever asked for in other confirmations?

Kavenaugh has tons of decided cases at the lower court levels one can scrutinize as one sees fit.

Forum List

Back