Zone1 What is a person?

I've never seen that. Have you?
That's my point. You say you have never seen evolution occur in one generation - although genetic mutations by definition must occur in one generation - while you say you have never seen any evolution. How can you argue you don't see evolution occurring in a single generation when you have never seen any evolution occurring?

But if we want to "see" evolution, I'm afraid we are going to have to look at things which are less complex and have shorter life spans such as bacteria.

Bacteria evolve through a process called adaptive evolution, which is a combination of mutation and selection that allows bacterial species to adapt to environmental changes.

Basically what this is saying is that the bacteria which genetically mutate and adapt to changing conditions are the bacteria which survive. Note: In this example of evolution, all changes are due to genetic mutations. In other words, it's genetic mutations which drive change.

That's my point. You say you have never seen evolution occur in one generation - although genetic mutations by definition must occur in one generation - while you say you have never seen any evolution. How can you argue you don't see evolution occurring in a single generation when you have never seen any evolution occurring?
No mutations will ever allow a mother to give birth to offspring of another species. Period.

cafeteria style Catholics

Stop ignoring and misrepresenting.

That is complete and utter bullshit. Easily disproven. Not worth arguing over or addressing. It's out there. The truth. It's out there.

I'll post a few responses and leave it at that.

Science? The Church? Did the Mother Church (RCC) consider all human beings to be people? People being equal to each other?
Cafeteria style Catholics? You should be so lucky.

Th Father of the Big Bang is Georges Lemaître.
The Father of modern genetics is Gregor Mendel.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin wrote the Phenomenon of Man which is probably the finest book written on evolution.

And on a more personal note, I've forgotten more science than you ever knew. So there's that.

So the new species magically appeared? It never came from any mother?

I'm not sure you understand what you are saying. Cause it sounds like you are saying God did it.
No God involved. You're talking about an event that happens very slowly (it is only 'abrupt' in the fossil record) and gradually. There is no line that can be drawn.

Think of two continents colliding. The land on one side is slowly elevated from sea level to 20,000 feet. When does that land, which used to be at sea level become a mountain?

Forum List

Back