Zone1 What Is Baptism Of The Spirit?

Pentecostal?
Yes. There are many believers who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and attend all denominations, although many don't believe it as a doctrine. It's received by faith and is available for everyone. After it happened to me the Scriptures became easier to understand and Jesus became more real and personal. It was like warm water moving from my head to my feet and very euphoric.

Nice try. No one is tearing down a religion. However, I am educating in the actual religion of Jesus Christ. That is building up one's knowledge to know baptism is essential. Imagine if no one teaches her this and she gets to the judgment seat of God without being baptized. It's not tearing down when you are teaching and warning about false doctrines.

Jesus did not say baptism was required to get into Heaven. All He said was that if you believe in Him and repent you will be saved.

I speak in an unknown tongue and I'm not Pentecostal. I just speak jibberish.
Glossolalia, then. Not Pentecostal, but perhaps another charismatic denomination? Or does it, at times, just come over you?

Yes. There are many believers who have been baptized with the Holy Spirit and attend all denominations, although many don't believe it as a doctrine. It's received by faith and is available for everyone. After it happened to me the Scriptures became easier to understand and Jesus became more real and personal. It was like warm water moving from my head to my feet and very euphoric.
Yes, I totally get that!

Yep! It just hits me when the time is right. :p
I understand that. I was once out in the desert...However, I kept my lips sealed. I am just not the right personality for glossolalia. The gift is offered, not forced, but I get it just descending upon one when the time is right.

And I just realized that we're talking about two entirely different things. XD

Yes, you were. You embrace the form of religion rather than the spirit of religion.
Nonsense. Did Jesus not go around and teach His doctrine? Did he not teach his disciples to do the same and take His doctrine to the four corners of the earth? Of course he did. What you are afraid of is offending someone for telling the truth. It's the truth that sets us free. Not your nonsense about the spirit of religion. Baptism by water is essential for entrance into the kingdom of God, period. The bible says so.

Jesus did not say baptism was required to get into Heaven. All He said was that if you believe in Him and repent you will be saved.
I just gave you the BIBLE verse that says just the opposite of what you just wrote. See, if you do not have the faith to be baptized then you do not believe in Jesus Christ. You have rejected His words and thus rejected him. Why do you say the BIBLE, the BIBLE, we already have the BIBLE if you aren't going to accept what's in the BIBLE? Here we go:
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;" Takes more than believing.
John 3:5, " Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of God."
Acts 22:16, "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

Nonsense. Did Jesus not go around and teach His doctrine? Did he not teach his disciples to do the same and take His doctrine to the four corners of the earth? Of course he did. What you are afraid of is offending someone for telling the truth. It's the truth that sets us free. Not your nonsense about the spirit of religion. Baptism by water is essential for entrance into the kingdom of God, period. The bible says so.
You are more like a pharisee than you are like Jesus. Maybe you should read the NT again.

I'm not commenting on baptism by water or fire. I'm commenting on your poor behaviors. It shouldn't matter to you how others perceive God or what their practices are. Just be glad they aren't atheists intent on ending all religion. People of other faiths should be your allies not your enemies. I'm pretty sick and tired of seeing the different religions fight each other. It's stupid.

You are more like a pharisee than you are like Jesus. Maybe you should read the NT again.

I'm not commenting on baptism by water or fire. I'm commenting on your poor behaviors. It shouldn't matter to you how others perceive God or what their practices are. Just be glad they aren't atheists intent on ending all religion. People of other faiths should be your allies not your enemies. I'm pretty sick and tired of seeing the different religions fight each other. It's stupid.
While you have lots of good points, this is a debate forum. Beliefs and doctrines should be questioned. I didn’t see you question her or others when they made comments about my faith and Church. Why not?

While you have lots of good points, this is a debate forum. Beliefs and doctrines should be questioned. I didn’t see you question her or others when they made comments about my faith and Church. Why not?
Is that what you are doing?

Probably because I never read those comments. What exactly did they question?

Is that what you are doing?

Probably because I never read those comments. What exactly did they question?
The usual attacks on Joseph Smith and on and on. Nothing new. But, when someone doesn't have a rational logical answer, instead of agreeing, they revert to name calling and lies.

The usual attacks on Joseph Smith and on and on. Nothing new. But, when someone doesn't have a rational logical answer, instead of agreeing, they revert to name calling and lies.
Do you believe that was worse than you implying Meriweather thinks she is better than Jesus and she is not following her savior?

I just gave you the BIBLE verse that says just the opposite of what you just wrote. See, if you do not have the faith to be baptized then you do not believe in Jesus Christ. You have rejected His words and thus rejected him. Why do you say the BIBLE, the BIBLE, we already have the BIBLE if you aren't going to accept what's in the BIBLE? Here we go:
Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;" Takes more than believing.
John 3:5, " Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he CANNOT enter into the Kingdom of God."
Acts 22:16, "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
True. Water/immersion baptism of those of the age of accountability and understanding followed by the laying on of hands to receive the Holy Spirit identifies the true church and the true ordained ministry.

What if somebody gets saved on their deathbed though? They don't exactly have time to get baptized. The thief on the cross who repented never did.

Do you believe that was worse than you implying Meriweather thinks she is better than Jesus and she is not following her savior?
Yes. Far worse. What she does has nothing to do with the topic and the facts. And, ignoring the plain truth about the necessity of baptism in the Bible is putting yourself above the Lord. We are to warn our neighbors.

Yes. Far worse. What she does has nothing to do with the topic and the facts. And, ignoring the plain truth about the necessity of baptism in the Bible is putting yourself above the Lord. We are to warn our neighbors.
I don't.

Forum List

Back