What Is It That The Left Just Don't Get About Trump?

This argument isn't that impressive. Hillary got 3000 more votes than Trump. She won California by 4000 votes. Take California out of the equation and Trump won a majority in the rest of the country.
She won by about 3 million votes. And if you give back the votes that were suppressed in Ohio and Wisconsin, Trump would not have won the electoral vote.

The mindless believe anything they are told.
IronyMeter.jpg

Nope. People who are voting for him are not monolithic. There is a group who know exactly what he is, and still vote for him, because their political agenda is more important to them than what he represents about our country. But the loudest group are the Dunning-Kruger Effect Trumpsters, the credulous rubes who really do believe that he is a brilliant, honest, strong, God-fearing patriot, not to mention other absolutely insane notions about him.

I've had Trump voters tell me, "yes, I know what he is, he's a liar and a con man and a boor and an embarrassment and most likely mentally ill. But I think that he's our best chance at getting what I want to see, and so I'm just going to suck it up and vote for him". Y'know what? I can actually respect that.

But the credulous rubes who buy the Big Lie and believe he's a good man and out to protect them somehow? No. They are a terrible symbol of where this country is right now.
And so it is on the left as well.

She won by about 3 million votes. And if you give back the votes that were suppressed in Ohio and Wisconsin, Trump would not have won the electoral vote.

Sorry, my bad. I meant 3 million with an advantage of 4 million in California.

The rest of my argument still applies.

I argued nothing about the Electoral vote. Only the popular vote.

Hillary was not a wise idea from the Democrats.

And there were 258 million adults. Of them 74 voted for Trump. That is about 28%.

Your numbers don't make any sense. I provided the fact that there were 168,310,000 registered voters in 2020.

Number of registered voters U.S. 1996-2022 | Statista

And the fact that 74,223,975 of them voted for Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_United_States_presidential_election

That would still mean that numerically, 44.09% of the registered voters voted for Trump in 2020. The second link even goes so far to show that the percentage who voted for Trump was 46.8%. So how are you coming up with that "less that 1/3"? That's damned near 50% for all prectical purposes.

It's directly related. A decent candidate fielded by the D's would answer the question on whether Trump is still popular, or he's finished.

For instance, if the D's turn to Newsom now, the R's should immediately know if the book can be closed on the Trump era.

Trump will then stand as the R's obvious choice----or---- another choice will suddenly rise in the primary polls.

Wouldn't you agree?
Biden is a decent choice. That's why Newsom has said he won't run. Furthermore you guys just pass over Harris and she is really no one to joke with. Trump would get roasted by her in a debate as would every other Republican running. But racism has people believing an inheritance baby with no policy experience even after serving as president is a better choice than a 2 time AG who ran the second largest DOJ in this country, and served as a Senator before she was picked for VP

Wow, you and Gigi must be sisters. You do a lot of denying, but nothing comes out of your mouth that doesn't demean Trump and place Biden on a pedestal. You're not fooling anyone.
You need to make an adjustment toward understanding the political divide in your country's politics my friend. It's all flak and shit flinging from all angles now. See my comments on the question on Trump's future being closely linked to the competition the D's finally settle with.

Trust me, it's all quite elementary to an outsider now that the time's approaching when Biden falls down flat on his face and has to be carried away on a stretcher.

note: if you desire a conversation on Canadian politics, let me know and I'll start an appropriate thread topic. please, not here!

Your numbers don't make any sense. I provided the fact that there were 168,310,000 registered voters in 2020.

Not all adults are registered voters. You are only counting some of the adults, I am counting them all.

Even as Trump is being indicted in who knows how many different investigations and charges, Trump is far, far ahead of any of his primary opponents in every single state. It's not even close. I know of no state where someone polls better than Trump. None. Zero, zip, nodda, and that even includes the primaries in liberal states. And, in polling for the general election, Trump is basically tied with Biden. Sometimes polls show Biden ahead, sometimes polls show Trump ahead. In either case, the needle doesn't move much and is usually within the polls margin of error and, we know that with the electoral college, a 50/50 tie favors Trump.

So, what is it that the left just don't get or understand about Trump?

Do they really believe that half of the country are just pure MAGA head insurrectionists, literally tens of millions of people, if not over 100 million?

What is Trump's appeal to the masses?

Are the left ignoring something that is appealing to half the country, those tens of millions of people?

Should the left start understanding this more rather than just labeling half the country MAGA's?

Is ignoring the true meaning of Trump's appeal to half the country going to come back and bite them in the ass, as it did in 2016?

I'm a big believer that the left just don't understand why it is that people vote for Trump and that this easy dismissal of his voters as being nothing but "MAGA" is rather blind of them and that they need to understand Trump voters more. In a way, it has nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with why voters want to vote for Trump. The left don't even try to understand this. It's easier for them to believe that all of Trump's supporters are MAGA.
What makes you think we don’t get him? We do; that’s the problem. Recognizing fascism shouldn’t be that difficult.

It's directly related. A decent candidate fielded by the D's would answer the question on whether Trump is still popular, or he's finished.

For instance, if the D's turn to Newsom now, the R's should immediately know if the book can be closed on the Trump era.

Trump will then stand as the R's obvious choice----or---- another choice will suddenly rise in the primary polls.

Wouldn't you agree?
I agree you are deflecting. I was asking if you knew why half of voters vote for Trump. Do you understand why?

Forum List

Back