🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is my religion? I'll tell you what

If all the people in the U.S. who call themselves Christian were Christian, this thread would not exist.

You didn´t answer my question, though.
So you can't give me an example of someone starving in America. I knew you wouldn't be able to. Because it doesn't happen. You lose. This conversation, one sided though it is, is over. Have a nice day, cupcake.

Well, here's a piece the Washington Post did on it............

5 Myths about hunger in America

And here is what the World Life Expectancy organization says about it. They use data from places like WHO, World Bank, UNESCO which are organizations that would know about things like this. According to them, in 2014, the number of people that starved to death in America was 3,933.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-Americans-starve-to-death-each-year

Hope that helps.
There are so many social programs and organizations to feed people, that there is no reason a child or an adult should starve to death under normal circumstances in America. Most of those who starved were mentally ill. There is no way that someone of sound mind and body can starve in America.

Moving the goalposts I see. First you said there was no way anyone could starve to death in America, and I provided links to show you that it does happen.

Now? You're saying that nobody of sound mind and body can starve to death.

What next? You gonna tell me that nobody of sound mind and body with a job can starve to death next?
You have to ask yourself WHY those people starved. I can guarantee you it was not for a lack of food. If someone starves, it's because there is something fundamentally wrong with them. And when I originally said no one starves, I meant that no one starves because they can't get food. I know what I'm talking about. I used to be homeless. I never went hungry. There was always someplace to eat.
Ditto.

It is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ
-Help people...Be it through charity or government. No one should be allowed to die on the side of the street or to die on their couch. Anyone that believes otherwise is going to hell when they die.
-Strive to be a good person to others.
-Forgive others and accept that we're all different. Jesus wanted this! Don't cast the first stone.
-Strive to live your life fully and to be their for your family. Yep, Jesus wanted you to be their for your family and be something in life.
-I believe that we must be the stewarts of gods creation here on earth. What is that? We must protect the animal life and maintain the wonders of our world. We need to stop destroying.

There's too many Christians today that seem more like demons from the depths of hell. A lot of them post on this board daily and scream about how much they hate helping other people and judge without thought.
Many Americans starve on the streets.

persons who starve in the USA do so because they are either mentally ill or
very addicted to substances. Hungry children are the result of households disordered BY mental disorders or substance addiction &/or crime.
addiction or
persons who starve in the USA do so because they are either mentally ill or very addicted to substances.

another concerned religionist for what is being eaten by their "prodigy" ... no need for biblicists to tend the Almighty's Garden, it's for them alone to do as they please.

-Help people...Be it through charity or government. No one should be allowed to die on the side of the street or to die on their couch. Anyone that believes otherwise is going to hell when they die.
-Forgive others and accept that we're all different. Jesus wanted this! Don't cast the first stone.
-Strive to live your life fully and to be their for your family. Yep, Jesus wanted you to be their for your family and be something in life.
-I believe that we must be the stewarts of gods creation here on earth. What is that? We must protect the animal life and maintain the wonders of our world. We need to stop destroying.

There's too many Christians today that seem more like demons from the depths of hell. A lot of them post on this board daily and scream about how much they hate helping other people and judge without thought.

You were doing good until you told people the conditions of which they will be consigned to hell. "Judge not, lest ye be judged" is something that Jesus said, so whether or not someone ends up in hell has zip point squat to do with me, but rather everything to do with God and that individual. I don't know if they did good or not, or why they did the things they did, only God does, and Heaven is His place, so He decides who gets in or not, not me.

Me personally? I think the only "sin" that there is are the things lined out in the 7 Noahide commandments or those lined out in the 10 Commandments. Follow those (and it's pretty easy), and you're golden.

You started out right, but your last thought sounds more like a sheisters "guide to success" infomercial. :tongue:

very addicted to substances. Hungry children are the result of households disordered BY mental disorders or substance addiction &/or crime.
addiction or
persons who starve in the USA do so because they are either mentally ill or very addicted to substances.

another concerned religionist for what is being eaten by their "prodigy" ... no need for biblicists to tend the Almighty's Garden, it's for them alone to do as they please.

my knowledge on the topic comes from UP CLOSE. ----as to concern-----you have no idea-----I am very concerned that the disorder in our society so often leads to NEGLECT------neglect of children and neglect of vulnerable persons incapable of taking care of themselves whether from mental deficiency or the affliction of depression or psychosis or even substance abuse (another form of depression) or old age. There is hunger in the USA because of social disorder -----not lack of resources

Last edited:

addiction or

my knowledge on the topic comes from UP CLOSE. ----as to concern-----you have no idea-----I am very concerned that the disorder in our society so often leads to NEGLECT------neglect of children and neglect of vulnerable persons incapable of taking care of themselves whether from mental deficiency or the affliction of depression or psychosis or even substance abuse (another form of depression) or old age. There is hunger in the USA because of social disorder -----not lack of resources
neglect of children and neglect of vulnerable persons incapable of taking care of themselves ...

what year in the past 2,000 haven't the religionist sung that song ??? and done nothing to solve the problem but regularly meet in their churches to sing and praise the holiness they have with the Almighty. by their book.

addiction or

neglect of children and neglect of vulnerable persons incapable of taking care of themselves ...

what year in the past 2,000 haven't the religionist sung that song ??? and done nothing to solve the problem but regularly meet in their churches to sing and praise the holiness they have with the Almighty. by their book.
Done nothing? You can't be serious. Most soup kitchens, and charities, were started by Christians. They do all they can, but it's not enough. Without them, our homeless and disadvantaged would have no hope.

addiction or

democrats invented FOOD STAMPS---the best thing that any society has had for the past 5000 years

addiction or

Done nothing? You can't be serious. Most soup kitchens, and charities, were started by Christians. They do all they can, but it's not enough. Without them, our homeless and disadvantaged would have no hope.

sorry-----I is a jew-----the OBLIGATION to feed the poor shows up in LAW-------in Leviticus. Good Christians did read the five books

addiction or

Cheap shot and not true.
The churches and secular organizations that help often don't receive the media coverage. Lets face it, breaking things and angry protesting is more exciting.
( well thought out peaceful protests do work towards a solution)

addiction or

sure, maybe when the problem (first) arose say 2000 years ago a soup kitchen may have been a good idea but after 2000 years maybe the religionist could think of something worth while than just patting themselves on their back for their self perpetuating feel good story while those needing help continue for 1999 years to starve.

addiction or

sure, maybe when the problem (first) arose say 2000 years ago a soup kitchen may have been a good idea but after 2000 years maybe the religionist could think of something worth while than just patting themselves on their back for their self perpetuating feel good story while those needing help continue for 1999 years to starve.
FOOL!

FOOL!

Everyone is born in sin. We sin every day of our lives. It's part of the human condition. YOU are a sinner. God demands perfection. You are not perfect. No one is. The only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ, but you have rejected Him. Sucks to be you.

seriously, they wrote that in the late 4th century (it's makebelieve) to keep you from thinking for yourself, from some anyway you do not seem to need the help ... and what does that have to do with actually doing something so future generations are not repeating the same mistakes made by all the previous one's before it. your book is a proven disaster.

FOOL!

Everyone is born in sin. We sin every day of our lives. It's part of the human condition. YOU are a sinner. God demands perfection. You are not perfect. No one is. The only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ, but you have rejected Him. Sucks to be you.

seriously, they wrote that in the late 4th century (it's makebelieve) to keep you from thinking for yourself, from some anyway you do not seem to need the help ... and what does that have to do with actually doing something so future generations are not repeating the same mistakes made by all the previous one's before it. your book is a proven disaster.
You are a fool. Sorry, but it's the truth.

My religion is hardly working for other people and whole minkind.

All hail the religion of government.

addiction or

democrats invented FOOD STAMPS---the best thing that any society has had for the past 5000 years
Only if you believe that destroying the spirit of man is a good thing.

where should people be "allowed to die"?

The message of Christ is a personal message, not a societal message. Everything works itself out Matthew. Suffering serves a purpose.

addiction or

food stamps ...

upload_2017-2-5_18-40-20.jpeg

you are a sick puppy.

Forum List

Back