🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What is my religion? I'll tell you what

You are ignorant. I've spent some time in Vegas. I was homeless. Disabled and waiting for my disability. I ate well. Some days, you can eat five times a day. People are always giving stuff away. Food, clothes. You name it.
And what about all the people around these barrel ovens, the vets begging for food?
I'm still waiting for an example of someone starving in America. If it happened, you can be sure it would be on the news. Like I said. Some people can go hungry, but no one starves. Maybe you are confused about the definition of starvation. Perhaps you should look it up.
You didn´t answer my question, though.
So you can't give me an example of someone starving in America. I knew you wouldn't be able to. Because it doesn't happen. You lose. This conversation, one sided though it is, is over. Have a nice day, cupcake.

Well, here's a piece the Washington Post did on it............

5 Myths about hunger in America

And here is what the World Life Expectancy organization says about it. They use data from places like WHO, World Bank, UNESCO which are organizations that would know about things like this. According to them, in 2014, the number of people that starved to death in America was 3,933.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-Americans-starve-to-death-each-year

Hope that helps.
There are so many social programs and organizations to feed people, that there is no reason a child or an adult should starve to death under normal circumstances in America. Most of those who starved were mentally ill. There is no way that someone of sound mind and body can starve in America.

And what about all the people around these barrel ovens, the vets begging for food?
I'm still waiting for an example of someone starving in America. If it happened, you can be sure it would be on the news. Like I said. Some people can go hungry, but no one starves. Maybe you are confused about the definition of starvation. Perhaps you should look it up.
So you can't give me an example of someone starving in America. I knew you wouldn't be able to. Because it doesn't happen. You lose. This conversation, one sided though it is, is over. Have a nice day, cupcake.

And here is what the World Life Expectancy organization says about it. They use data from places like WHO, World Bank, UNESCO which are organizations that would know about things like this. According to them, in 2014, the number of people that starved to death in America was 3,933.

Hope that helps.
There are so many social programs and organizations to feed people, that there is no reason a child or an adult should starve to death under normal circumstances in America. Most of those who starved were mentally ill. There is no way that someone of sound mind and body can starve in America.

Moving the goalposts I see. First you said there was no way anyone could starve to death in America, and I provided links to show you that it does happen.

Now? You're saying that nobody of sound mind and body can starve to death.

What next? You gonna tell me that nobody of sound mind and body with a job can starve to death next?

It is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ
-Help people...Be it through charity or government. No one should be allowed to die on the side of the street or to die on their couch. Anyone that believes otherwise is going to hell when they die.
-Strive to be a good person to others.
-Forgive others and accept that we're all different. Jesus wanted this! Don't cast the first stone.
-Strive to live your life fully and to be their for your family. Yep, Jesus wanted you to be their for your family and be something in life.
-I believe that we must be the stewarts of gods creation here on earth. What is that? We must protect the animal life and maintain the wonders of our world. We need to stop destroying.

There's too many Christians today that seem more like demons from the depths of hell. A lot of them post on this board daily and scream about how much they hate helping other people and judge without thought.
After reading the first few comments, I'm gonna guess you're talking more stupid shit. lol

Hope that helps.

Moving the goalposts I see. First you said there was no way anyone could starve to death in America, and I provided links to show you that it does happen.

What next? You gonna tell me that nobody of sound mind and body with a job can starve to death next?
You have to ask yourself WHY those people starved. I can guarantee you it was not for a lack of food. If someone starves, it's because there is something fundamentally wrong with them. And when I originally said no one starves, I meant that no one starves because they can't get food. I know what I'm talking about. I used to be homeless. I never went hungry. There was always someplace to eat.

Any Christian that tell me "you're gonna go to hell because you.......................", I pretty much discount as soon as I hear that. Why? Because whether or not I get into Heaven isn't between those people, God and me, it's just between God and myself and what I did or didn't do in this life.

God gets to judge me, not some person who cherry picks their own religion.

I think Ghandi said it best............"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

Hope that helps.

You have to ask yourself WHY those people starved. I can guarantee you it was not for a lack of food. If someone starves, it's because there is something fundamentally wrong with them. And when I originally said no one starves, I meant that no one starves because they can't get food. I know what I'm talking about. I used to be homeless. I never went hungry. There was always someplace to eat.

Just because you had that experience, doesn't mean that everyone else does. It is also dependent on the area you are in, as well as what the general population feels about the homeless.

Here in Amarillo, there are people who are going hungry on our city streets right now. How do I know? I stop and talk to them and give them a couple of bucks when I see them.

I also see the attitudes of others as they drive by while I'm talking to them, and most times it ain't very charitable.

Any Christian that tell me "you're gonna go to hell because you.......................", I pretty much discount as soon as I hear that. Why? Because whether or not I get into Heaven isn't between those people, God and me, it's just between God and myself and what I did or didn't do in this life.

I think Ghandi said it best............"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."
Have you repented of your sin, and asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? If not, then you are going to Hell.

Hope that helps.

Just because you had that experience, doesn't mean that everyone else does. It is also dependent on the area you are in, as well as what the general population feels about the homeless.

Here in Amarillo, there are people who are going hungry on our city streets right now. How do I know? I stop and talk to them and give them a couple of bucks when I see them.

I also see the attitudes of others as they drive by while I'm talking to them, and most times it ain't very charitable.
Why do you suppose that is? Other cities do not have this problem. Think about it. And if someone can't eat where they're at, they can always go someplace else.

Have you repented of your sin, and asked Jesus to be your Lord and Savior? If not, then you are going to Hell.

Well, first off, the only things that I consider "sin" are what are outlined in the 7 Noahide Commandments, or what is in the 10 Commandments, and those are pretty easy to follow. In that sense, I haven't sinned in over a decade.

As far as going to hell, how are you going to sentence Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus or anyone else to hell? They don't believe in the same Heaven or Hell as you do, even though the basic tenants of how to treat people are basically the same.

Me? Well, I'm a sailor, so when I go, I'll probably spend the rest of forever in Fiddler's Green (Heaven for sailors), where they have rum and marijuana.

Or, I could opt for Nirvanah, since I'm a Taoist.

Well, first off, the only things that I consider "sin" are what are outlined in the 7 Noahide Commandments, or what is in the 10 Commandments, and those are pretty easy to follow. In that sense, I haven't sinned in over a decade.

As far as going to hell, how are you going to sentence Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus or anyone else to hell? They don't believe in the same Heaven or Hell as you do, even though the basic tenants of how to treat people are basically the same.

Me? Well, I'm a sailor, so when I go, I'll probably spend the rest of forever in Fiddler's Green (Heaven for sailors), where they have rum and marijuana.

I haven't sinned in over a decade.

No, you sinned today. You sinned yesterday. And you sinned the day before that.

And you will sin tomorrow.

The fact that you don't know you are a sinner puts you in grave danger.

For example, people live in the old canalization of Las Vegas and search for money gamblers have forgotten in the slot machines.
I asked for an example of someone starving in America. Doesn't happen. Even the homeless are well fed. Quite a few fat ones, as a matter of fact. No one starves in this country.
They are not really well fed. They get food stamps like in Cuba and North Korea. The difference is the emergency situation there.
You are ignorant. I've spent some time in Vegas. I was homeless. Disabled and waiting for my disability. I ate well. Some days, you can eat five times a day. People are always giving stuff away. Food, clothes. You name it.
Some people can go hungry, but no one starves.

let them eat cake

images

and how prey tell did that turn out for Marie Antoinette ...

Marie-Antoinette could count on the sympathy of conservative factions and social-religious groups which had turned against the Revolution, and also on wealthy individuals ready to corrupt officials in order to facilitate her escape ...

250px-Execution_of_Louis_XVI.jpg

time ran out, wasn't offered a last meal and was sent to the Guillotine. - so much for sympathetic 4th century christians and their down to earth love for humanity.

I asked for an example of someone starving in America. Doesn't happen. Even the homeless are well fed. Quite a few fat ones, as a matter of fact. No one starves in this country.
They are not really well fed. They get food stamps like in Cuba and North Korea. The difference is the emergency situation there.

let them eat cake

images

Marie-Antoinette could count on the sympathy of conservative factions and social-religious groups which had turned against the Revolution, and also on wealthy individuals ready to corrupt officials in order to facilitate her escape ...

time ran out, wasn't offered a last meal and was sent to the Guillotine. - so much for sympathetic 4th century christians and their down to earth love for humanity.
The French Revolution wasn't in the 4th century, dumbass.

let them eat cake

images

you don't know you are a 4th century christian, dumbass ... Marie was an excellent example, sorry for your loss.

I've visited several different churches, of different demoniatations, over the years out of curiosity.

One of the strangest was a Pentecostal church. I eventually settled with a Baptist church until I realized they were also nuts.

I stopped with the church BS when I realized my parents taught me the most important lessons in life.

Really? I'm in grave danger? You've actually seen me sin? Are you the little dude on my shoulder that says when I'm gonna go against God?

And.................when have you seen me sin tomorrow? If you have some kind of pre knowledge, I'd really like to sneak a peek.

You know, just so I don't sin.

Really? I'm in grave danger? You've actually seen me sin? Are you the little dude on my shoulder that says when I'm gonna go against God?

And.................when have you seen me sin tomorrow? If you have some kind of pre knowledge, I'd really like to sneak a peek.

You know, just so I don't sin.
Everyone is born in sin. We sin every day of our lives. It's part of the human condition. YOU are a sinner. God demands perfection. You are not perfect. No one is. The only path to salvation is through Jesus Christ, but you have rejected Him. Sucks to be you.

It is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ
-Help people...Be it through charity or government. No one should be allowed to die on the side of the street or to die on their couch. Anyone that believes otherwise is going to hell when they die.
-Strive to be a good person to others.
-Forgive others and accept that we're all different. Jesus wanted this! Don't cast the first stone.
-Strive to live your life fully and to be their for your family. Yep, Jesus wanted you to be their for your family and be something in life.
-I believe that we must be the stewarts of gods creation here on earth. What is that? We must protect the animal life and maintain the wonders of our world. We need to stop destroying.

There's too many Christians today that seem more like demons from the depths of hell. A lot of them post on this board daily and scream about how much they hate helping other people and judge without thought.
Many Americans starve on the streets.

persons who starve in the USA do so because they are either mentally ill or
very addicted to substances. Hungry children are the result of households disordered BY mental disorders or substance addiction &/or crime.
addiction or

Forum List

Back