What is your ideal Federal Income Tax structure?

You know what is wrong with this? It means politicians cannot create problems that they can solve by using tax dollars. Justifying ones political life is serious business.

Well ... President Coolidge cut taxes 3 times during his administration ... Each time accompanied by serious spending cuts.
The first time he cut taxes it was by 60% ... And then the remaining was cut 40% and 50%.

But ... That's not what I like the most about his actions.
I kind of like the first thing he did after he was sworn into office ... He left his father-in-law's house and went back to bed.

Hypothetically, Coolidge could not get elected today.

You know what is wrong with this? It means politicians cannot create problems that they can solve by using tax dollars. Justifying ones political life is serious business.

Well ... President Coolidge cut taxes 3 times during his administration ... Each time accompanied by serious spending cuts.
The first time he cut taxes it was by 60% ... And then the remaining was cut 40% and 50%.

I kind of like the first thing he did after he was sworn into office ... He left his father-in-law's house and went back to bed.

Hypothetically, Coolidge could not get elected today.
He was the last small government, free market president, for sure.

He was the last small government, free market president, for sure.

Well ... Some people could try and argue about President Reagan ... But I am a firm believer that President Coolidge was the last conservative to serve in the White House.

And then we had the great depression

Mine is:

15% flat tax on any income over $20,000 and a 1% FEDERAL SALES TAX ON ALL NON-FOOD ITEMS.

No exemptions. No deductions.

Simple..easy...fair.
The 1860 tax model.
upload_2017-10-16_16-21-22.png

And then we had the great depression

Which was not caused by Coolidge tax cuts.

Mine is:

15% flat tax on any income over $20,000 and a 1% FEDERAL SALES TAX ON ALL NON-FOOD ITEMS.

Simple..easy...fair.
The 1860 tax model.
View attachment 154698

It seems bad if 50% of the nation has ZERO skin in the game.

Everyone earning wages about minimum wage should have to pay SOMETHING.
Everyone should pay the same percentage. I just believe that should be zero.

No tax on food.

No tax on water.

No tax on medicine.

No tax on medical services.

Federal Sales and Services Tax on everything else.

No tax on Social Security or Veterans benefits.

Progressive Income Tax - taking it easy on the low earners - and hitting high earners harder - the more you make, the more you pay - with a max-cap that can be sustained.

Deductions for child care, medical expenses, mortgage interest, state and county and local taxes, and healthcare premiums.

Tax credits for child care and elder care.

Mine is:

Simple..easy...fair.
The 1860 tax model.
View attachment 154698

It seems bad if 50% of the nation has ZERO skin in the game.

Everyone should pay the same percentage. I just believe that should be zero.

I do to, but it's not happening anytime soon.

The Trump Tax plan that the Dems will cry about will not be REMOTELY close to NO FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

Mine is:

Simple..easy...fair.
We should replace the income tax but we won't

Personally I think a national sales tax would be the answer but not the Fair Tax proposal

But if we are going to have an income tax it should be structured like every other tax and be one flat rate. I think it should be a lower rate than 15% but placed on all income of any type including capital gains.

Yup

In an era of low regulation and unchecked speculation, Coolidge's economy crashed seven months into Hoover's term

Sounds to me like you are just grasping at straws to make a comparison/point to support your foolish assessment.
But hey ... That's not a surprise ... :thup:

Everyone with any wages pays something. Payroll taxes are at least 15% on every dollar earned by the poor.

Why the f1ck should everyone pay something in a welfare state? So that the government can pay out more welfare? Most Republican types this thread are ignorant f1cktards wanting the government to pay out more welfare and give more tax cuts to the under-taxed rich.

If the ignorant f1cktards got their way, the government would be soaking the middle-class even more.

Yup

In an era of low regulation and unchecked speculation, Coolidge's economy crashed seven months into Hoover's term

Sounds to me like you are just grasping at straws to make a comparison/point to support your foolish assessment.
But hey ... That's not a surprise ... :thup:

Coolidge policies caused the Great Depression

So far nothing offered seems to be a workable solution, that's why its such a huge mess. what ever they decide it wont be better for most of us.
Serfs Up!

Would you rather tax the living or the dead? Would you rather tax those who work for what they have or those who freeload off their parents? A 100% inheritance tax will eliminate the need for corporate and income taxes. It will also demote the incompetents who are pre-positioned above us only because of Daddy's Money.

Mine is:

Simple..easy...fair.

It will never work. Politicians use the IRS as a political weapon. Those who grease their wheels are rewarded with tax breaks, and their enemies will be targeted by the IRS.

It's like Obama. He let corporations like GE not pay any taxes because they supported his campaign, and then turned around and targeted conservative groups with the IRS.

Trump also plays this game. I hear with his new tax scheme people will no longer be able to deduct their state income taxes. Well guess who this hurts? It hurts those the worst who live in liberal high tax states. It's like sticking a dagger into your enemy and twisting the blade.

So no, politics is not about fairness and unity, rather, it is about divisiveness and conquest and power

Forum List

Back