What is your ideal Federal Income Tax structure?

So basically as I understand it this so called prebate is tantamount to giving every single person in the country a 12000 check every year.

And you people can't see a problem with that?

The reason doesn't matter.
Actually, it does matter. It has to do with the fact that sales taxes are regressive.

A tax is a tax. We need to stop putting labels on them.
But then you tell me why charging a higher rate on a tax only to give every person who pays that check a monthly government check is better than just lowering the rate for everyone and eliminating the expense of that type of entitlement program?
You really don't know what regressive means, do you.

I know what people say it means I just disagree with the term.
Well, you are wrong.
And that means what coming from you ?

Oh yeah it means nothing

Actually, it does matter. It has to do with the fact that sales taxes are regressive.

But then you tell me why charging a higher rate on a tax only to give every person who pays that check a monthly government check is better than just lowering the rate for everyone and eliminating the expense of that type of entitlement program?

Well, you are wrong.

Oh yeah it means nothing
No, it comes from every economist on the planet.

Nice try.

You're wrong.

Well, you are wrong.

Oh yeah it means nothing
No, it comes from every economist on the planet.

Nice try.

You're wrong.

Yeah OK

As I said I know what their definition is. And It doesn't matter. An income tax is an income tax. If we are going to have an income tax than ALL income should be taxed.

If we are going to have a consumption tax then it should be a tax on everything and everyone should pay it.

It makes absolutely no sense to charge 25% on everything and then give most of it back when you can just charge 10% and save the expense of the prebate and then use that savings to give to those who need welfare

You obviously didn't read it. :lol:

You're stuck in your own delusions and refuse to look at anything which contradicts your erroneous belief system.

You can't be helped and are a waste of any more of my time.

Every single person in the country regardless of income will get a check every month. What is that if not an entitlement program?

Every single person in the country regardless of income will get a check every month. What is that if not an entitlement program?

The check is an attempted fix for the ridiculousness unfair Fair Tax. You want the Fair Tax, you want to create a new entitlement, and a new entitlement for every American. No rational person supports the Fair Tax.

The check is an attempted fix for the ridiculousness unfair Fair Tax. You want the Fair Tax, you want to create a new entitlement, and a new entitlement for every American. No rational person supports the Fair Tax.
It would work just fine if the proposed rate was lowered the prebate eliminated and everyone paid it.

Tell me do you save more money if you buy something for $100 then get a check back for $50 than if you just bought the same thing for $50 in the first place?

Your example has nothing to do with the reason prebates are part of the Fair Tax.

The reason doesn't matter. it does nothing to charge a higher rate on things only to give a portion of that money back every month. Why not just lower the rate and skip all the extra crap?

What it does is keep people earning below a certain minimum from paying any tax. That's the only way you'll ever get the snowflakes to vote for a national sales tax.

Tell me do you save more money if you buy something for $100 then get a check back for $50 than if you just bought the same thing for $50 in the first place?

Your example has nothing to do with the reason prebates are part of the Fair Tax.

The reason doesn't matter. it does nothing to charge a higher rate on things only to give a portion of that money back every month. Why not just lower the rate and skip all the extra crap?

What it does is keep people earning below a certain minimum from paying any tax. That's the only way you'll ever get the snowflakes to vote for a national sales tax.

If that's the goal there are less expensive ways to do it than sending a check to every single person every month.

IMO a tax is a tax. if we're going to tax anything whether it be dollars or doughnuts everyone who earns a dollar or eats a doughnut should pay that tax.

So basically as I understand it this so called prebate is tantamount to giving every single person in the country a 12000 check every year.

And you people can't see a problem with that?
It's not a $12,000 check. It's 20% of $12,000. so it's $2,400. We already give everyone earning below a certain amount a check. It's called the EIT.

the ideal RW tax plan is to never pay a penny to taxes ... and live here FREE like the leeches they really are.

If that's the goal there are less expensive ways to do it than sending a check to every single person every month.

IMO a tax is a tax. if we're going to tax anything whether it be dollars or doughnuts everyone who earns a dollar or eats a doughnut should pay that tax.
About 47% of Americans don't pay any income tax, so why don't you have any trouble with that?

What do you propose instead of the FAIR tax?

About 47% of Americans don't pay any income tax, so why don't you have any trouble with that?

Facts:

1. The 47% statistic only refers to people who do not pay federal income taxes, not people who don’t pay taxes at all. Nearly everybody pays state taxes, such as sales tax.
  2. The number of people who don’t pay federal income taxes is actually 43% now, not 47%.
  3. Most people who don’t pay federal income tax do pay federal payroll taxes. Only 14.4% pay no federal taxes at all
  4. Of that 14.4% who pay no federal taxes, 9.7% are elderly, leaving only 4.7% who are working-age Americans paying no federal taxes
  5. Overall, people in the bottom 20% pay 19% of their income to taxes and people in the top 1% pay 33%
  6. Although the rich do pay higher taxes at the federal level, the poor pay more of their income to state taxes than the rich in every state.

NOT THAT YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT FACTS ,,,

You obviously didn't read it. :lol:

You're stuck in your own delusions and refuse to look at anything which contradicts your erroneous belief system.

You can't be helped and are a waste of any more of my time.
From the link provided in post #102:
"All qualified families are entitled to receive the monthly prebate."
Explain to me how this is not an entitlement again.... I must have missed how a program that entitles people to something is not an entitlement program.

Mine is:

15% flat tax on any income over $20,000 and a 1% FEDERAL SALES TAX ON ALL NON-FOOD ITEMS.

No exemptions. No deductions.

Simple..easy...fair.
Not sure on the numbers, but I can get on board with that, assuming the numbers work.
15% is too low.
15% is too low even without any deductions, exemptions,or credits? Doesn't sound like it would ease much of a burden on taxpayers then.

Forum List

Back