What The Hell Does A Normal American Need An Army Assault Weapon For.....Target Practice?

Years later, Colt made a sem-auto version for the civilian market and, since they owned the rights to the name "AR-15", sold it as the AR-15 to differentiate it from the full auto M-16.

People buy the AR15 BECAUSE it is the closest thing they can buy to an M16.

If people could buy the M16, the AR wouldn't be nearly as popular.

What is the demographic of an AR15 buyer?

I think you are wrong about that. Full auto has little practicality in anything other than full combat. In civilian use, the novelty gets old and expensive really fast.

Anyone who wants to get the thrill of full auto can do so for much less money with a bumpstock, hellfire trigger or even with the rubber band trick.

It isn't a matter of reality; it's image. The more one doubts one is tough, the more one desires to look it.
Of course, this does not mean every AR 15 sold reflects this attitude. It might be a choice as a varmint gun for a woman to use, for example.

You know I am not the kind of guy who joins groups and political organizations but for the first time in my life I am thinking about becoming a member of the NRA and it's really just because all you people here who think you have the right to tell other people what to do can't stand the NRA

Following THAT "logic"......join both the NRA and.........wait for it.........also the ACLU.....LOL

You know I am not the kind of guy who joins groups and political organizations but for the first time in my life I am thinking about becoming a member of the NRA and it's really just because all you people here who think you have the right to tell other people what to do can't stand the NRA

Following THAT "logic"......join both the NRA and.........wait for it.........also the ACLU.....LOL
I actually am already a card carrying member of the ACLU and the Sierra Club too

I'll watch while your tiny little 2 dimensional brain explodes now

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a military style killing machine?

The NRA is DC's pimp and elected republicans the cheap whores.

The NRA has one mission.....to sell more weapons for the gun industry!

I don't own a gun or plan on owning a gun but I'm also ready to join the NRA for the same reason.

The NRA is a PITA. They're always calling for money. OTOH, they're the best PAC defending our Second Amendment rights. I rejoined after almost a decade the first time the Obama administration tried to reinstitute the Clinton gun ban. I took the 5 year plan then, later, added another two years to it.

They offer both online and paper magazines. Initially I had American Hunter, but switched to American Rifleman because it had more history in it. The magazines share political content but otherwise are individual publications.

Some examples of articles are here:
NRA Publications | Home

I actually am already a card carrying member of the ACLU and the Sierra Club too

Well, then......THAT makes you even more of an idiot than previously thought, since the ACLU position toward the 2nd amendment is summarized thusly.....(find a grown up to explain it to you)

ACLU POSITION
"Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right...."

Well, then......THAT makes you even more of an idiot than previously thought, since the ACLU position toward the 2nd amendment is summarized thusly.....(find a grown up to explain it to you)

ACLU POSITION
"Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right...."

You may find this hard to understand but I do not define my position on civil rights solely by the second amendment

Defending rights is laudable. Defining them fully can be challenging.
Usually, more laws = less freedom. Modern Liberals are all about restricting rights, not protecting them.

It's one thing to settle disputes or prevent others from harming others such as banning a person from yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater but a person's speech because it's unPC or out of fear of what a person might say is "modern liberal" bullshit.

Same goes for our other enumerated rights. I'm fine with making it illegal to shoot a gun in the air in a crowded neighborhood or point one at someone as a threat (except in self-defense), but to ban them because they might cause harm? Modern liberal bullshit.

You may find this hard to understand but I do not define my position on civil rights solely by the second amendment

Yes....that IS hard to believe..........So you're willing to march in support of abortion rights, gay rights, voting rights, etc???

You're a true "renaissance" kind of person......LOL

LMAO!! That Bush comment is a no brainer. Ask the families of the 4500 dead young Americans who had to go in and find Saddam Hussein so the Bush family's "Vengeance" could be completed. The only motivation Bush had to get Saddam was because he tried to assassinate Bush's daddy in Qatar circa 1993.

Well...you liberals certainly know everything about "no brainers". After all, it is how you live your life. Blind. Ignorant. Dependent. And getting your "information" from Hollywood movies. :eusa_doh:

If you're going to go with the ignorant Hollywood angle junior - at least use one that makes sense. Bush's daddy can take care of himself (and Bush knows that). If there was any real personal reason for going into Iraq, it would've been because Saddam directed assassins to take out the Bush daughter's.

But Hollywood aside junior - the real reason we went into Iraq was because it was the right thing to do. The man was a vicious dictator, a madman, and cause global instability. As far as you crying like a little bitch over the military men and women who lost their lives - well, more people have lost their lives in Afghanistan under Barack Obama than George Bush. And....that's what happens when you fight for the United States. Freedom isn't free. Those people knew exactly what they were signing up for when they joined the military. They aren't crying like little cowardly bitches about it, so why are you?

This idea of the NRA governing the types of weapons available in gun shops is rank bull shit! Why is it that we're the only industrialized nation in the world which feels the necessity of a ordinary citizen to go armed with a military style killing machine?

The NRA is a tool which sells guns for manufacturers....that's all I've ever seen it do.

Yes, we should have to convince government we have a legitimate right to exercise our rights before we should be allowed to do so. That's why you think about free speech and religion, right? We should have to convince government about what we say and believe before we should be allowed to believe it?

Yes....that IS hard to believe..........So you're willing to march in support of abortion rights, gay rights, voting rights, etc???

You're a true "renaissance" kind of person......LOL

I have no problem with abortion or gay marriage . You know why I don't have any problem with these things? Because I mind my own fucking business

But I see you are incapable of thinking beyond you narrow little pigeonhole.

You might want to try expanding your world I know it's scary but you really will be better for it

The NRA is a tool which sells guns for manufacturers....that's all I've ever seen it do.

Dude, Barack Hussain Obama has been the sole best salesman for the AR15 and the ammo it shoots, as well as just about every caliber of gun and the ammo they shoot then anyone in my lifetime. Hell, they should buy the man a gold watch and send Machelle some flowers as a thanks.

Following THAT "logic"......wait for it......wait for it......oh wait.....you have no logic. You never have and never will.

Why is it funny in your mind to propose joining the ACLU? They are dead set against telling people what to do (they are the ultimate libertarian organization) and nobody here is whining about the ACLU. It's just you cowardly libtards whining about the NRA.

Forum List

Back