What would actually be in a "magical creation" textbook? Beyond it isn't evolution.

So Republicans get their wish and schools suddenly decide it's only fair to teach magical creation. Besides "it isn't evolution", what is it exactly, they would "teach"? Anyone?

If evolution can be taught, isn't it fair, to use a Liberal construct, to teach the other? You lefties constantly talk about equal until equal involves doing something you don't think should be done.

I have no problem teaching all sorts of creationism in a comparative religion class. Not in a science class.

So religion classes have to be taught in a manner in which the religions aren't supposed to be studied yet science is to be taught as science. If science is taught as science, then religions, even comparatively, should be taught from a theological standpoint as that is what religion is. You can't compare religions in a secular manner and expect it to be more than a history class.

Well an argument could be made for a Science Fiction appreciation class. I suggest starting with Larry Niven and his Protector series.

We have more brainpower than is necessary for survival. A lot more than we need. We clearly are meant to use our big brains to think about big and abstract stuff. Science is not the enemy of the spiritual, nor is the spiritual the enemy of science.

The more I have studied the sciences and how the Universe works, the more childish wonder I feel. People who follow psychics and mediums and water dowsers and all that other flim-flam garbage have no idea what they are missing.
There is some truth to those flim flams as well.

So since we keep discussing "GOD" , then we all agree there is only one true "GOD" whether it be the Judea-Christian "GOD" or "Allah" or any other??
No. There is no proof there is only one god. There could be a whole gang of them.

Think about what we are both saying, it is in the semantics, for an Islamist there is one true God, that is Allah .
For the Jewish there is only one true "God" ,
For the Christian there is the only one true "God", who is part of a trinity, the father the son and the holy ghost.

No matter which religion you choose, "most" only have one true "GOD" ................

The tree of knowledge seems like it would be something good. What could be dangerous about that?

"What could be dangerous about that?" I wonder how many times my kids have said that to themselves. :laugh:

Time and time and time again, God in the bible tells his people, "If you would just listen to me, things would go great for you."

He also tells them, "Now that you screwed up, there is going to be a price." But he is always sure to also tell them that he still loves them and is still going to take really good care of them when their penalty/suffering is over.

And he does.

The incredible willfulness of my own kids is extremely exasperating at times. I can't tell you how many times I have said, "If you had listened to me, you wouldn't be in this jam right now!"

Free will is strong stuff. It's a miracle any kids survives to adulthood, what with some of the stupid stuff they do.
Would you leave a bomb around your kids, tell them it has candy inside, but not to eat it?
There was no bomb, and the fruit itself wasn't dangerous. It was the idea of disobedience.

Best I remember there might have been a serpent who sent Eve on her errant way ..............
Do any of you folks actually go to church or have a religious background??

So since we keep discussing "GOD" , then we all agree there is only one true "GOD" whether it be the Judea-Christian "GOD" or "Allah" or any other??
No. There is no proof there is only one god. There could be a whole gang of them.

Think about what we are both saying, it is in the semantics, for an Islamist there is one true God, that is Allah .
For the Christian there is the only one true "God", who is part of a trinity, the father the son and the holy ghost.

No matter which religion you choose, "most" only have one true "GOD" ................
Those are the Abrahamic (sp) religions. Abraham started all three. Or so the story goes.

Each and everyone of those religons evolved from one source. There are other religions that didnt come from that source.

The tree of knowledge seems like it would be something good. What could be dangerous about that?

"What could be dangerous about that?" I wonder how many times my kids have said that to themselves. :laugh:

Time and time and time again, God in the bible tells his people, "If you would just listen to me, things would go great for you."

He also tells them, "Now that you screwed up, there is going to be a price." But he is always sure to also tell them that he still loves them and is still going to take really good care of them when their penalty/suffering is over.

And he does.

The incredible willfulness of my own kids is extremely exasperating at times. I can't tell you how many times I have said, "If you had listened to me, you wouldn't be in this jam right now!"

Free will is strong stuff. It's a miracle any kids survives to adulthood, what with some of the stupid stuff they do.
Would you leave a bomb around your kids, tell them it has candy inside, but not to eat it?
There was no bomb, and the fruit itself wasn't dangerous. It was the idea of disobedience.

Best I remember there might have been a serpent who sent Eve on her errant way ..............

They'll tell you that they know more than those who do. Problem is they view religion from a secular standpoint when the only way to understand it is the way it was done, theologically.

Each and everyone of those religons evolved from one source. There are other religions that didnt come from that source.

Then where did the far left religion come from that you follow without question or hesitation?

And he does.

Well....it wasn't a serpent until it was cursed. My daddy was a preacher, but we were more fire and brimestone. There is an entire intellectual, deeply profound, and meaningful story going on here than I was originally taught.

Then where did the far left religion come from that you follow without question or hesitation?
What religion are you talking about and does it have anything to do with this topic?

Those are the Abrahamic (sp) religions. Abraham started all three. Or so the story goes.

Here more than 4,000 more to choose from .........

Godchecker.com - Your Guide To The Gods

Apparently you were taught that eating poison was OK as it's destroyed what little brain you had.
You are too young for this discussion. Go play in the street while the adults talk.

You are too much of a porch monkey to add anything to it. Go find some other girl of your kind and add to the bastard count of your people.
Yikes. lol.

Since the bastard child rate among his people is over 70%, I have more of a chance of being right than wrong based on statistics.

As for the other, no different than his statement and added for extra ummph.
Those are my people too. But I get the joke. :p

If I'm correct, and I am, Muhammed before starting Islam was polytheistic.

What about all the other supernaturals in inhabit the Judea-Christian world view? You know, immortal beings like all Angels in Heaven, and Satan and all the Demons in Hell.

Apparently you were taught that eating poison was OK as it's destroyed what little brain you had.
You are too young for this discussion. Go play in the street while the adults talk.

You are too much of a porch monkey to add anything to it. Go find some other girl of your kind and add to the bastard count of your people.
Yikes. lol.

Since the bastard child rate among his people is over 70%, I have more of a chance of being right than wrong based on statistics.

As for the other, no different than his statement and added for extra ummph.
Those are my people too. But I get the joke. :p

I, like a comedy routine I was saw of Chris Rock, make a distinction.

I think the monotheistic reign is simple a matter of who is in power. There is nothing at all more prestigious about having one god vs many.

And I'm sure there is someone who believes in any given one of them.

What about all the other supernaturals in inhabit the Judea-Christian world view? You know, immortal beings like all Angels in Heaven, and Satan and all the Demons in Hell.
Spiritual beings. Our spirits are eternal as well. Or so the story goes.

One mistake I often hear is that when someone dies, especially a young person,they received their angel wings. Angel were being created specifically for a purpose. People don't become angels when they die. Satan, a.k.a. Lucifer, and the demons were once angels that were cast out.

Forum List

Back