🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What would it take to make the GOP a "coalition" party like the Democrats?

Right now the GOP is 90% white. If other groups are growing faster than the GOP then eventually, they will have to actually try to attract people with sense. How will they do that?

Stop hating on homos, ragheads, darkies, and chicks would be a good start. Purge the neo-nazi elements from their rhetoric.

what on earth are you referring to? :eusa_eh:

Let me make this as simple as possible even a Liberal retard like dean would understand. WE DON'T WANT THE GOP TO BE ANOTHER FUCKING ARM OF THE DEMOCRAP PARTY YOU MORONS!!!!!!

Doris

Right now, the GOP is working not to be a credible party at all

Bullshit.

The Republican Party - the surrender caucus - wants you to consider them as a credible party. They also support your right to be fed and insured by the taxpayers.

That we hate clean air, clean water, women, minorities, science, immigrants, etc.

That's just the easiest to remember. If you need more examples we can break out a few Obama speeches.

The right is against the EPA which monitors clean air and water. The right is against the ERA, wants all sorts of restrictions on reproductive rights. The right wants to end affirmative action and wants to put hurdles in place for voter access. The right wants to teach creationism as science. The right wants to shut down immigration. You can follow any thread here on USMB on any of these subjects and see where folks on the right stand on these issues. It becomes pretty apparent that none of those things you mention are lies at all. Perhaps it is a stretch to say that you "hate" those things, but the policies you support enable all these things.

^^
A couple more whoppers in there. But mostly it's not a rebuttal to the examples I already posted of lies some on the left tell.

"It's a stretch to say we 'hate" women but the policies we support enable women" <-- that's the linguistic logic found in your statement.

I don't want to teach creationism as science. I don't think most Republicans do.

What the heck does the ERA have do do with anything?

What do you mean by restrictions on reproductive rights? Would you allow the termination of the fetus up until the point that the doctor signed the birth certificate? (This is actually a standard some on the left have argued for.) What is wrong with considering whether the fetus feels pain when deciding when the fetus' rights begin? Why are some states allowed to charge people with double homicide for killing a pregnant woman who was on the way to an abortion clinic?

Please be more specific about what you mean by the right is against the EPA ... and when you tighten up that claim, please be specific about how it justifies portraying us as being against clean air and clean water.

What does opposing affirmative action have to do with the claims you are trying to rebut? Bleeding heart policies may mean well but they need to be revisited from time to time.

And from where did you pull the claim that the right want to shut down immigration?

I just thought of another lie some on the left tell ... they claim the Voting Rights Act was overturned. They say the right wants to go back to the 1950's or to the 1800's. The Voting Rights Act wasn't overturned. It was just said that it was wrong to use 40-year-old information as the basis for deciding who needs what kind of special handling. Why is the party which makes fun of Republicans for being anti-science so opposed to using current information on something as critical as discrimination and voters' rights? Why should states which already require voter ID be allowed to continue doing so but other states be taken to court by the federal government for adopting the practice?

nice job Amelia, but alas, you are wasting your time, positions you and I support are not even worth discussing, they are invalid from the git go in an 'absolute' manner, fulll stop.

Watch...;)

OK then, let's talk

What lies are Democrats telling about Republicans?

That we hate clean air, clean water, women, minorities, science, immigrants, etc.

That's just the easiest to remember. If you need more examples we can break out a few Obama speeches.

Thank you

Good start

Who is the only entity in the world that denies global warming?
Which party during the presidential debates advocated abolishing the EPA?
Which party voted to slash funding to Planned Parenthood and opposed funding for child care, childrens healthcare and HeadStart?
Which party denies global warming?
Which party is holding up the current immigration reform?

Where are the lies? Show me now where Republicans have supported what you posted?

Your needle got stuck on global warming.

I don't think any party advocated abolishing the EPA. Some candidates for the party's nomination might have, but those candidates did not make it to the national ticket. Calling the EPA out of control doesn't equate to a call to abolish it. And it sure doesn't justify a claim the right hates clean air and clean water.

Let's talk to Gore about ethanol. Fools rush in and wreak havoc on existing economies.

The current Obamacare debacle shows the wisdom of tackling immigration in pieces rather than in a comprehensive way which sounds good on the superficial level but is rife with the potential for unforeseen consequences, and disregards negative foreseen consequences.

"Which party voted to slash funding to Planned Parenthood and opposed funding for child care, childrens healthcare and HeadStart?"

What? How much funding was opposed, and when?

Planned Parenthood is a big business with some shady practices which deserve scrutiny. Opposing that special interest doesn't justify the claim that Republicans hate women.

Let me make this as simple as possible even a Liberal retard like dean would understand. WE DON'T WANT THE GOP TO BE ANOTHER FUCKING ARM OF THE DEMOCRAP PARTY YOU MORONS!!!!!!

Doris

Bullshit.

The Republican Party - the surrender caucus - wants you to consider them as a credible party. They also support your right to be fed and insured by the taxpayers.

The Republican Party, as we see it today has reached a point where they can no longer obtain 270 electoral votes and win the presidency. They are also on the fringe of not being able to take the Senate.

The right is against the EPA which monitors clean air and water. The right is against the ERA, wants all sorts of restrictions on reproductive rights. The right wants to end affirmative action and wants to put hurdles in place for voter access. The right wants to teach creationism as science. The right wants to shut down immigration. You can follow any thread here on USMB on any of these subjects and see where folks on the right stand on these issues. It becomes pretty apparent that none of those things you mention are lies at all. Perhaps it is a stretch to say that you "hate" those things, but the policies you support enable all these things.

^^
A couple more whoppers in there. But mostly it's not a rebuttal to the examples I already posted of lies some on the left tell.

"It's a stretch to say we 'hate" women but the policies we support enable women" <-- that's the linguistic logic found in your statement.

I don't want to teach creationism as science. I don't think most Republicans do.

What do you mean by restrictions on reproductive rights? Would you allow the termination of the fetus up until the point that the doctor signed the birth certificate? (This is actually a standard some on the left have argued for.) What is wrong with considering whether the fetus feels pain when deciding when the fetus' rights begin? Why are some states allowed to charge people with double homicide for killing a pregnant woman who was on the way to an abortion clinic?

Please be more specific about what you mean by the right is against the EPA ... and when you tighten up that claim, please be specific about how it justifies portraying us as being against clean air and clean water.

What does opposing affirmative action have to do with the claims you are trying to rebut? Bleeding heart policies may mean well but they need to be revisited from time to time.

And from where did you pull the claim that the right want to shut down immigration?

I just thought of another lie some on the left tell ... they claim the Voting Rights Act was overturned. They say the right wants to go back to the 1950's or to the 1800's. The Voting Rights Act wasn't overturned. It was just said that it was wrong to use 40-year-old information as the basis for deciding who needs what kind of special handling. Why is the party which makes fun of Republicans for being anti-science so opposed to using current information on something as critical as discrimination and voters' rights? Why should states which already require voter ID be allowed to continue doing so but other states be taken to court by the federal government for adopting the practice?

nice job Amelia, but alas, you are wasting your time, positions you and I support are not even worth discussing, they are invalid from the git go in an 'absolute' manner, fulll stop.

Watch...;)

You're right.

And I have some work I need to get done, so ttyl. :)

Thank you

Good start

Which party voted to slash funding to Planned Parenthood and opposed funding for child care, childrens healthcare and HeadStart?

Where are the lies? Show me now where Republicans have supported what you posted?

I don't think any party advocated abolishing the EPA. Some candidates for the party's nomination might have, but those candidates did not make it to the national ticket. Calling the EPA out of control doesn't equate to a call to abolish it. And it sure doesn't justify a claim the right hates clean air and clean water.

Let's talk to Gore about ethanol. Fools rush in and wreak havoc on existing economies.

The current Obamacare debacle shows the wisdom of tackling immigration in pieces rather than in a comprehensive way which sounds good on the superficial level but is rife with the potential for unforeseen consequences, and disregards negative foreseen consequences.

"Which party voted to slash funding to Planned Parenthood and opposed funding for child care, childrens healthcare and HeadStart?"

Planned Parenthood is a big business with some shady practices which deserve scrutiny. Opposing that special interest doesn't justify the claim that Republicans hate women.

Republicans since Bush have sought to abolish Planned Parenthood. They also opposed SCHIPS. Not a single GOP candidate spoke in favor of the EPA. They are the only ones in the world who still deny global warming

Doris

Bullshit.

The Republican Party, as we see it today has reached a point where they can no longer obtain 270 electoral votes and win the presidency. They are also on the fringe of not being able to take the Senate.

The ONLY party that can win the presidency is THE WELFARE PARTY, aka, the democrats. You guys constitute a clear majority.

Thank you

Good start

Republicans since Bush have sought to abolish Planned Parenthood. They also opposed SCHIPS. Not a single GOP candidate spoke in favor of the EPA. They are the only ones in the world who still deny global warming

^^

Watch...;)

You're right.

see? I told you;) :lol:

Bullshit.

The ONLY party that can win the presidency is THE WELFARE PARTY, aka, the democrats. You guys constitute a clear majority.

Since the Republicans have become the party of welfare for the rich they have assumed their proper place in politics

Watch...;)

You're right.

?

Since the Republicans have become the party of welfare for the rich they have assumed their proper place in politics

Like I said , the republicans and the democrats are the SAME PARTY - welfare for their respective constituencies.

Like I said , the republicans and the democrats are the SAME PARTY - welfare for their respective constituencies.

of course they are but, you're wasting your time....

You're right.

?

:eusa_eh:

you're totally out there, you're flat wrong on 2, I cannot understand the third, the EPA? and GW is a religion, so ..

I think some things should be backed by the government...Tech, innovations or science that will help the common good of the nation.

-Energy
-Public education
-Infrastructure like roads, bridges, ect.
-Defense.

I think some things should be backed by the government...Tech, innovations or science that will help the common good of the nation.

-Energy
-Public education
-Defense.

Yes, indeed.

The same government which manages the Federal Reserve Board and Obama Hellcare.

-Energy
-Public education
-Defense.

Yes, indeed.

The same government which manages the Federal Reserve Board and Obama Hellcare.

LOL,

The federal reserve board uses modern economics to stabilize our economy. I don't see how what it is doing is so wrong.

Obamacare...Yes, the private market with monopoly laws in place probably would be better but the local government runs public education and taxes for road construction, water, electricy. As the private market would be way to expensive for people in general any other way.

:eusa_eh:

you're totally out there, you're flat wrong on 2, I cannot understand the third, the EPA? and GW is a religion, so ..
The Republican plan to abolish the EPA, ending the four-decade bipartisan consensus to ensure healthy air and water for our kids | ThinkProgress

Now, tell us the one about how global warming is a worldwide conspiracy against Republicans

So the majority of Republicans are not advocating to do away with the EPA, and the ones who have advocated it are suggesting replacing it with something more nimble, less bureaucratic and less damaging to jobs -- and that's your gotcha evidence supporting the claim that Republicans hate clean air and clean water?

Thanks for clarifying how far you are from being ready to have a constructive discussion.

When Democrats decide to be honest and stop demonizing us, I'll ask my representatives to work with them. You're not off to a very good start.

thats what you libtardians don't get, its not just angry white men, its angry white, black, and asian women, its angry white, black, and asian men, its old and young, its rich and poor.

virtually every demographic is pissed at what the dem/libs (and some rinos) are doing to our country. 2014 and 2016 will see major changes in both houses of congress and, if the country is to survive, a true compassionate conservative in the white house.
Check the polls. You are right. Everyone is angry. But the target of their anger is the irresponsible Tea Party faction. Since that faction picked up their luggage at baggage claim at Dulles, we have careened from fiscal crisis to fiscal crisis, heard the President of the United States called a liar to his face on the floor of the congress, shut down the government and flirted with wrecking our credit rating. All because the Tea Party can pick a fight, but doesn't know how to win one.

I suggest you keep your head buried firmly in the sand, ignore what the people are actually saying and keep bringing the bad ass attitude. That will hasten your political demise thus allowing the grown ups to run the federal government.

We heard the liar called a liar.

If the media would ever start reporting on facts instead of trying to scapegoat the people who are standing up against the kind of dysfunction Obama's vision of government leads to, the Tea Party would do better in the polls.

Right now, this moment, the media are reporting about what a stone cold liar Obama is.

It won't last long.

But right now it's happening. We need a few more moments like this, and we need to capitalize on them.

Republicans will still take a hit in the mainstream but we can't let that stop us from standing up for principles.

We need to tighten our facts. We need not to encourage the Sharron Angle element, but we need to keep standing up.

And we for sure need to work on getting the truth out there ourselves. Obama and the Democrats welcomed the shutdown because they knew they could count on the media to help them score political points with it. Obama and the Democrats talked up the dangers of default while inviting it by claiming they would not budge in their determination to inflict the travesty of Obamacare on us.

Republicans took a polling hit from that but because a few were willing to stand up even against the surrender faction of the Republican party, everyone knows who owns the Obamacare monstrosity. The Dems had to lie to get the boondoggle passed. If they had told the truth and not been committed to quite so much overreach, they might have been able to get some moderate Republicans on board. But they were lying and condescending and now they own it. Including the liar-in-chief.

It's fabulous trying to watch him and his supporters trying to find him some cover for this.

Republican principles are:

Let him die

feed the poor and they will breed

war

moving the wealth of the nation to the top 1%

How do we know? Recent history and they tell us. Quite simple really.

Forum List

Back