Whataburger says no to Open Carry; add them to your list gun nuts

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

And yet you'd never know if anyone was carrying a concealed weapon would you.

So I can only assume you'd rather not know who is armed and who isn't

Your assumptions are your own business and that's fine.
I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave.

Because I know the situation is more dangerous than it was before. As stated over and over, if guns made us safe, we'd have the safest society ever since we, by far, have the most guns. Instead, the opposite is true, we live in one of the most violent advanced societies on earth.

If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased.

Like I said people who carry concealed as I do on occasion will usually ignore any no open carry policy and will eat anywhere we want and you'd never know.

Are you under the impression I'm somehow of the position that you shouldn't be allowed to eat in a restaurant? Not at all. Like smoking, I could care less if you smoke; just don't do it while I'm trying to eat. Feel free to conceal carry all you like and enjoy your meal. I'll do the same.

So why does open carry frighten you so much?

I just call armed Americans as Armed Americans that are exercising their RIGHTS August !!
Sorry, I keep forgetting. Shooters have rights, not the people sitting in a movie theater or a church and certainly not the second graders leaving school in body bags.
This is the part where you`ll tell me that more people should carry guns and there will be less shootings. Don`t bother.
Why are you lumping in law abiding citizens with crazy criminals? Do you need someone to point out the difference?

Going only by the people I know personally. The only ones wanting to open carry are people trying to prove their masculinity. They hope someone will question their choice so they will have an opportunity to loudly give their practiced speech about how they are patriots trying to take back the country. In other words.......fruitcakes. I suspect it is the same with most of the goobers.
I agree that some people open carry to get a reaction. I don't open carry but if I wanted to I would and if someone confronted me about it I would ignore them and walk away. If they persisted I would call 911 to send a cop. That would end that little matter.

Open carry wouldn't be as big a problem if that was the expected behavior from most. We both know it is not. Many are hoping for an opportunity to shoot someone, and you can't deny that.

Please post the credentials that enable you to determine this. Said credentials should include-but not be limited to-the school where you got your degree in psychology, your GPA and year of graduation, and the state(s) where you are licensed to practice.

"Your assumptions are your own business and that's fine."

As are yours.

"I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave. "

Your choice.

Won't bother those carrying anyway.

(Course, they may laugh their asses off at you.)

"If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased"

Actually, the only place the 'danger level' increased is in your mind.

The place is more likely safer.

Statistics tell a much different story. Again, if guns made you safer, we'd have the safest society in the world. We don't. Case closed.

Too bad for you guns are not the only factor in determining whether or not a society is safe.

We also have the thousands of deaths that are a direct result of guns. That's true.

The fact of the matter is our crime rates, including "gun violence" is due mostly to inner city thugs killing each other. You liberals like to reference other countries such as European ones, but you fail to grasp that those countries demographics are entirely different than the US's. They don't have tens of millions of negro thugs or Hispanic gang bangers running wild on their streets. They have strict immigration policies and a better criminal justice system that actually keeps thugs locked up.
Well, we have 6 million people in jail as we speak. Sound like we have a pretty good lock on the population. And I'm interested in hearing that Spain doesn't have Hispanics....who knew? But lets look at Lagos and Nairobi gun violence rates. They have black folks...more than we do.

Gun_homicide_rates.jpg

Gee, they don't even show up.

See dumbass, the problem is that the kids and not fully developed adults in other parts of the world don't live under the 2nd Amendment. And by not having access to weapons, they can't look to settle a score through gunplay. They see the same movies, read the same books, play the same video games etc... They just can't run out and buy an aresenal.

USA looks to be pretty far down that list.

Some of those countries above ban guns, care to explain that?

The only ones afraid of guns are the ones that would get up and leave a restaurant because they saw one.

About the most koo-koo for koko puffs response I could imagine.

You were the one stating you would leave the restaurant if you saw an open carried firearm.

that sounds pretty koo koo to me.

Well, that isn't exactly what I said. But close.

We have these groups of about 5 or 6 folks walking around with AK assault rifles and AR15's strapped to their backs. They are usually carrying a large American Flag and/or often another flag. They come into the restaurant and generally make asses of themselves. Usually an argument ensues between them and others. Doesn't matter who starts it. At some point, this will result in gunplay...it's almost a certainty.

I simply don't want to be around when it happens.

Some pictures...
291936.jpg

This was at a rally but pretty much the same thing.

Blood everywhere.

I can see why it disturbs you.

What is funny is that I go to Chik Fil A quite a bit and there are never any of those morons with their assault rifles in there. They always are trying to come into Chipolte or In and Out. You nailed it bycalling them fruitcakes.

I'll put it to you this way. If I'm at an Applebees or a Chilis or Five Guys or whatever and this group of guys comes in brandishing their weapons (we have a couple of groups who walk around carrying loaded weapons to spread "information"), I will pay my check and leave.

Because I know the situation is more dangerous than it was before. As stated over and over, if guns made us safe, we'd have the safest society ever since we, by far, have the most guns. Instead, the opposite is true, we live in one of the most violent advanced societies on earth.

If the guys are carrying concealed, you're right, I wouldn't know that the danger level just increased.

Like I said people who carry concealed as I do on occasion will usually ignore any no open carry policy and will eat anywhere we want and you'd never know.

Are you under the impression I'm somehow of the position that you shouldn't be allowed to eat in a restaurant? Not at all. Like smoking, I could care less if you smoke; just don't do it while I'm trying to eat. Feel free to conceal carry all you like and enjoy your meal. I'll do the same.

Again, I didn't say that exactly. What I was referencing was these groups of people that are walking around with assault weapons

Here is a story about them.
Target respectfully asks customers not to bring guns to its stores Daily Mail Online
A gun slung over their backs right next to a kid who could easily pull the trigger.

I'm sure it's perfectly safe; after all if he starts pulling the trigger, other gun toting people are there to take him out.

Again, I didn't say that exactly. What I was referencing was these groups of people that are walking around with assault weapons

Target respectfully asks customers not to bring guns to its stores Daily Mail Online
A gun slung over their backs right next to a kid who could easily pull the trigger.

I'm sure it's perfectly safe; after all if he starts pulling the trigger, other gun toting people are there to take him out.

Why do you assume every time you see someone with a gun, that you are in danger? Have you a history of being fired upon, or witnessed something else that has brought you an irrational fear of guns?

-Geaux

And I'm perfectly sure, unless the kid knows how to take the safety off, pulling the trigger won't do much.

Why do you assume every time you see someone with a gun, that you are in danger? Have you a history of being fired upon, or witnessed something else that has brought you an irrational fear of guns?

-Geaux

And I'm perfectly sure, unless the kid knows how to take the safety off, pulling the trigger won't do much.

Of course you are.

Or not....

Toddler reaches into purse and gun goes off killing mom

The President of Whataburger has come out on the side of sanity.

Whataburger No open carry in our restaurants despite new Texas law - Houston Chronicle

Good news for those who want to eat in peace.
So Whataburger ignoring this law makes you happy, but a bakery not baking a cake is "against the law".

A bakery not baking a cake is "against the law", but sanctuary cities ignoring the laws make you happy.

Is that correct?

No.
Whataburger is making a business decision knowing that a bunch of loons with guns in their stores is bad for business.

A bakery not baking a cake for someone willing to pay for it...not the same thing.

PS: Whataburger isn't ignoring a law. No law says you have to carry a gun nor does any law say you have to allow people to carry guns in your business.

Whataburger No open carry in our restaurants despite new Texas law - Houston Chronicle

So Whataburger ignoring this law makes you happy, but a bakery not baking a cake is "against the law".

A bakery not baking a cake is "against the law", but sanctuary cities ignoring the laws make you happy.

Is that correct?

No.
Whataburger is making a business decision knowing that a bunch of loons with guns in their stores is bad for business.

A bakery not baking a cake for someone willing to pay for it...not the same thing.

PS: Whataburger isn't ignoring a law. No law says you have to carry a gun nor does any law say you have to allow people to carry guns in your business.

What difference does it make? The law is the law. Suddenly businesses are free to interpret the law as they see fit?

The gun owner is willing to pay for the business.The law says the gun owner can carry. That should be it, no?

And sanctuary cities are breaking the law. You didn't discuss that. Are you against sanctuary cities and states, then?

This is blatant hypocrisy.

Last edited:

-Geaux

Of course you are.

Or not....

Now you're flipping from rifles to handguns.

Some handguns don't have safeties.

The rifles you've been referring to do.

BTW, the toddler accidently shooting mommy?

how often you figure that happens?

or is once too many for you?

Is that correct?

No.

The gun owner is willing to pay for the business.
Not the people who don't go there due to their brandishing a weapon or weapons.

article-2678348-1F57290900000578-386_634x682.jpg

You want to be in the joint when junior there reaches up and grabs the trigger of Momma's assault weapon? I know, I know...absolutely no chance a kid is going to reach for a gun, right?

The law says the gun owner can carry. And there is never a guarantee that someone won't still have a gun on them anyway, ever, anywhere.
This is true. As long as you're not hurting anyone one else, carry your concealed piece all you wish.

And sanctuary cities are breaking the law. You didn't discuss that.

This is true hypocrisy.

I also didn't discuss Arizona State's chances to win the Pac 12 this year.

If you want to know what I think, I don't see how a city can just ignore a law or a President can ignore a law or any government/citizen can ignore a law.

It's one of the things that turn people off from getting involved. If there is a law on the books, it needs to be enforced. Period. End of discussion.

-Geaux

Of course you are.

Or not....

Your odds at 1/4888 of being shot. Cornhole can go check out all the things you can die from with less odds then get back with me.

-Geaux

Is that correct?

No.

The gun owner is willing to pay for the business.
Not the people who don't go there due to their brandishing a weapon or weapons.

article-2678348-1F57290900000578-386_634x682.jpg

You want to be in the joint when junior there reaches up and grabs the trigger of Momma's assault weapon? I know, I know...absolutely no chance a kid is going to reach for a gun, right?

The law says the gun owner can carry. And there is never a guarantee that someone won't still have a gun on them anyway, ever, anywhere.
This is true. As long as you're not hurting anyone one else, carry your concealed piece all you wish.

And sanctuary cities are breaking the law. You didn't discuss that.

This is true hypocrisy.

I also didn't discuss Arizona State's chances to win the Pac 12 this year.

If you want to know what I think, I don't see how a city can just ignore a law or a President can ignore a law or any government/citizen can ignore a law.

It's one of the things that turn people off from getting involved. If there is a law on the books, it needs to be enforced. Period. End of discussion.

States defy federal law all the time. Immigration for starters

-Geaux

-Geaux

Of course you are.

Or not....

I'm sure once was too many for the family....but I guess that's the price we pay for keeping a 240 year old law on the books...a motherless child, a wifeless husband, a daughterless mother.

Since we have 30 zillion guns in our society, one really has to wonder why she was carrying it to start with right? Obviously since guns make society safer and we have multiple guns for every man, woman, child and microbe in the nation, nobody should have to carry one....

Oh wait; guns make us less safe (hence why she was carrying).

Here we go again with the so called assault weapons

Let me educate you a little

This AR 15 "Assault" rifle

AR-15.png

Is functionally no different from this "Ranch rifle

rugermini14.jpg

They both shoot the same caliber round at the same rate of fire with the same accuracy

The only difference is cosmetic

So why be scared of one and not the other?

Forum List

Back