What's Christian About Denying Service To Any Individual?

being coerced by the state is ALWAYS damage......
Bull. Are Civil rights laws seen as coercive? How about speed limits?

The damage is the discrimination. The damage is done by the repression. Blaming the state to assure equality in accommodation is a truly lowly form of rationalization.

the bakery was put out of business......do you pretend that isn't damage?.......
gee could their bigotry have any thing to do with it?
if you or anybody thinks they can spew hate even in the guise of faith and not pay a price ,they are in fact either very ignorant and stupid or totally self absorbed!

So if he had said "I don't serve *******", the black people should just have shut up and taken it? Geez, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would have ripped each other's hair out already and Obummer would have had a beer with the couple by now.

???.....oh look, how did the goalposts end up way over there.......I will ask again, how did he make a "big splashy show".....
Saying something offensive to someone and then blaming them when it blows up in your face is laughable.

ah, like saying they made a "big splashy show" and then finding out it was the gay couple that did that instead.....I laughed when that blew up in your face, I have to admit it.....

Injustices? Do you mean the injustices committed by bigoted homophobes who wish to create second class citizens? Are these the same injustices committed by Woolworths when they refused "colored' customers? Are these the same injustices committed by racists who also quoted from the Bible to justify their own bigotry and hate?

Being refused service for immutable characteristics is the injustice. Idiots wrapping themselves in 'Christianity' so that they can be comfortable in their own lack of worldliness is an injustice.

Don't give me "religious beliefs" as an excuse for lack of humanity. Religion, particuarly Christianity is supposed to be inclusive, not divisive. The "religious" angle is hypocrisy, blasphemy and heresy all rolled into a ball only racists, bigots and homophobes find appealing. It is laughable as a defense.

Let me know when you want to discuss from both sides of the issue and when you are ready to listen and not argue.
Which Christians have it right? The Amish? Pentecostal snake handlers? Greek Ortodox? Presbyterians? Methodists? United Baptists or Southern Baptists?

In fact, they all subscribe to thebasictenets of the faith.

Which Christians want to cherry pick the Bible and use dogma to justify their hatred? Aren't those the Christians claiming their faith prohibits them from providing THE VERY SAME SERVICES THEY WOULD PROVIDE FOR HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES as the services requested by homosexual couples?

We've see people useBiblical interpretations to justify racism before. How is this 'religious' claim any different?
not always, my now wife and I had been a couple for 6 years at the time and were denied an apartment because we were not married...
religious bigotry at it's finest!

Last edited:
???.....oh look, how did the goalposts end up way over there.......I will ask again, how did he make a "big splashy show".....
Saying something offensive to someone and then blaming them when it blows up in your face is laughable.

ah, like saying they made a "big splashy show" and then finding out it was the gay couple that did that instead.....I laughed when that blew up in your face, I have to admit it.....

No wonder you don't understand the bible.:lol:

link?....
So, you're not even familiar with the story from the git-go, are you?

Some of us have been following it since it first broke last year, with hundreds and hundreds of posts.

You can start with this>

Aaron Klein complaint: Baker refuses to make wedding cake for lesbian couple and 'calls them abominations unto the Lord' | Mail Online

And this, for more background:

It looks like Aaron and Melissa Klein can't stay out of the media spotlight -- but that's what happens when you anger a group of more than 4 Million people. A lesbian couple is suing the pants off the two after they were discriminated against several months ago. The Kleins thought they were in the clear when they didn't face the same legal troubles faced by the owner of Arlene's Flowers out of Washington state, but they were totally wrong.

Rachel N. Cryer went to the bakery to get a wedding cake for her upcoming wedding to her partner Laurel, but it didn't come out that the cake would be for a same sex wedding until Aaron Klein -- the co-owner -- asked for the names of the bride and groom.

When she responded that the cake would be for 'Rachel and Laurel' he responded with a discriminatory sentence that may just end his business in the state of Oregon. He told her that Sweet Cakes by Melissa does not provide its services to same sex weddings.

He cited his religious stance, being a Christian, and allegedly reduced Rachel to tears by referring to her as an abomination.

It's bad enough that these people are violating a law established in their state, but they are pretty much lying by claiming that they "don't have anything against homosexuals." On the contrary, I have had encounters with Aaron Klein and his family members personally, and have found the family to be just as bigoted as Rachel N. Cryer has claimed.

In fact, I have documented my exchanges with the Kleins, and have written about it extensively. So there is most certainly a paper trail that can serve as evidence against Aaron and Melissa Klein as being disparaging toward homosexuals and civil rights in their discrimination of same sex couples. So officials with the state of Oregon will have no shortage of evidence against them.
'Sweet Cakes' bigotry: My encounters with Aaron Klein

That was written last year. As it turned out, just as the writer predicted, the bakers were found by the EEOC of violating the law - with "substantial evidence.""

oh wait.....you mean the allegation which he has denied......now I understand.....
Yeah, bigots lie. That's a big surprise, huh?

He denied on camera -- when it came to having to say so under penalty of perjury, different story. The woman's mother was there. (the same sex couple were not there - it was the woman and her mother, who is a Christian) so there was a witness as to what was said.

How'd that EEOC finding go?

The problem with your claim is that the couple admitted in court documents that they shopped their on a daily basis, and that he knew they were gay.

On the other hand, you have the fake Facebook page, so I guess that trumps actual facts stipulated by both sides of the issue.
Produce the "court documents."

Go dig them out of one of the threads where they were posted from when I used them to prove that the Facebook page, and the story you just linked to, were lies.
Yeah, I didn't think you'd be able to produce.

Who is surprised?

Last edited:
you believe the bible is correct ,do you not?
were you there?

No, I am just better informed than a guy that thinks Caesar's Commentaries is an accurate historical document.
really? if that's the case, then Josephus was the best bullshiter ever born...

Remember that you are the one that said it.

It turns out that, like everyone else, Caesar had a habit of misrepresenting the viewpoints of the people he was killing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commentarii_de_Bello_Civili#Criticism_and_revival

Go dig them out of one of the threads where they were posted from when I used them to prove that the Facebook page, and the story you just linked to, were lies.
Yeah, I didn't think you'd be able to produce.

Who is surprised?

Why would I when you will just come back later and pretend it doesn't exist again?
No. I sincerely want to see it.

You said there are "court documents" -- and that "the couple admitted in court documents that they shopped their on a daily basis, and that he knew they were gay."

I call bullshit. Let's see what you got.

Put up or shut up.

This thread is not about the law, it is about the misconception that some people are pure enough to tell other people what is right, and what is wrong.

It is not about being pure enough. It is about being without excuse and knowing better:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

And "doing good" is being kind and loving to everyone, and treating them as you would like them to treat you. You cannot win sinners to Christ by discriminating against them and not showing them love. Serving someone we believe may be in sin does not transfer their sin to us.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Galatians 6:1 - Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Matthew 7:3-5 - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

So when your child becomes involved with a bad crowd and starts doing drugs and you punish them, try to reason with them, tell them you don't approve of their behavior, you aren't showing your love for them? It would be more loving and assure them that you accept every behavior they wish to undertake, pat them on the back and let them go their way?

Last edited:
It is not about being pure enough. It is about being without excuse and knowing better:

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

And "doing good" is being kind and loving to everyone, and treating them as you would like them to treat you. You cannot win sinners to Christ by discriminating against them and not showing them love. Serving someone we believe may be in sin does not transfer their sin to us.

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Galatians 6:1 - Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Matthew 7:3-5 - And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

So when your child becomes involved with a bad crowd and starts doing drugs and you punish them, try to reason with them, tell them you don't approve of their behavior, you aren't showing your love for them? It would be more loving and assure them that you accept every behavior they wish to undertake, pat them on the back and let them go their way?
Gee, I wonder where the idea cons were authoritarian comes from...

Newby thinks she's the parent and people should be discriminated against cause...they're like children to disciplined.

Newby thinks she's the parent and people should be discriminated against cause...they're like children to disciplined.

Aw, what's the matter, can't you answer the question? It was a pretty simple question... but, no surprise that you can't answer it, and have to put words in my mouth as some sort of a refutation. :lol:

No, I am just better informed than a guy that thinks Caesar's Commentaries is an accurate historical document.
really? if that's the case, then Josephus was the best bullshiter ever born...

Remember that you are the one that said it.

It turns out that, like everyone else, Caesar had a habit of misrepresenting the viewpoints of the people he was killing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commentarii_de_Bello_Civili#Criticism_and_revival
the same is true of Josephus .....

Aw, what's the matter, can't you answer the question? It was a pretty simple question... but, no surprise that you can't answer it, and have to put words in my mouth as some sort of a refutation. :lol:

Forum List

Back