🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Which Parent Do I Not Need - My Mom or My Dad?"

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Grace Evans, an 11-year-old, asked Minnesota legislators last month: "Which parent do I not need - my mom or my dad?" No one answered her. She paused 8 seconds, and added, "I hope you can see that every child needs a mom and a dad. Please don't change your law on marriage to say otherwise."

Nevertheless, the House committee voted in favor of a gay marriage bill, though it's not yet adopted by Minnesota as approved by nine states and Washington D.C.

Bill May of Catholics for the Common Good asks Grace's question from an adult's perspective: "Do we need an institution that unites kids with their moms and dads? Yes or No?

"Do children have the right to know and, as far as possible, be cared for by their moms and dads? Does anyone have the right to create children with the intention of depriving them of their mother or father or both?"

Children have been the missing ingredient in the debate over same-sex marriage (SSM). They were hardly mentioned even by the attorney supporting Prop 8 in California before the Supreme Court, which states: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Why? Children need the love of both parents who made them as they grow slowly to maturity over two decades. Marriage unites that child with his or her parents, and gives a safe, loving environment in which they can grow into wholesome adults.

By law SSM deprives a child of one parent. It a cruel act and a heartless one. As Grace put it, "Which parent do I not need - my mom or dad?"

VirtueOnline - News

If she only had one parent she would feel she didnt need the parent who didnt know her huh?

Grace Evans, an 11-year-old, asked Minnesota legislators last month: "Which parent do I not need - my mom or my dad?" No one answered her. She paused 8 seconds, and added, "I hope you can see that every child needs a mom and a dad. Please don't change your law on marriage to say otherwise."

Nevertheless, the House committee voted in favor of a gay marriage bill, though it's not yet adopted by Minnesota as approved by nine states and Washington D.C.

Bill May of Catholics for the Common Good asks Grace's question from an adult's perspective: "Do we need an institution that unites kids with their moms and dads? Yes or No?

"Do children have the right to know and, as far as possible, be cared for by their moms and dads? Does anyone have the right to create children with the intention of depriving them of their mother or father or both?"

Children have been the missing ingredient in the debate over same-sex marriage (SSM). They were hardly mentioned even by the attorney supporting Prop 8 in California before the Supreme Court, which states: "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

Why? Children need the love of both parents who made them as they grow slowly to maturity over two decades. Marriage unites that child with his or her parents, and gives a safe, loving environment in which they can grow into wholesome adults.

By law SSM deprives a child of one parent. It a cruel act and a heartless one. As Grace put it, "Which parent do I not need - my mom or dad?"

VirtueOnline - News

Next we'll see this young girl step up to encourage legislature that forced parents with children to stay together and not divorce...and to take children away from single parents.

>

The idea that there should be no...

..........adoptions (because by definition there is not a biological relationship with one or both parents)...

..........sperm donation (because by definition there is not a biological relationship with at least one parent), ...

..........IVF for egg donation (because by definition there is not a biological relationship with at least one parent), and...

..........state enforced denial of divorce under any circumstances because the child has as a right to both parents being in the house, ...

Is going to really piss off a lot of different-sex couples unable to conceive or who the generosity of their own hearts open their homes to be loving parents.

Ya, attempt to enforce some type of biological requirement to being a parent and that will be a real popular position.

>>>>

Last edited:
Someone needs to explain to little Gracie and Screaming Eagle that 36% of children are born to single mothers and that having two adults in the home who love you is better than having one

If Grace's parents had been two women, which one would she not have needed?

Are you saying a woman can take the place of a father?

Hate to tell you but some fathers really suck at being parents. Some mothers also suck at being parents. Sex alone does not determine your parenting skills. I would prefer two parents of the same sex who were loving and motivated to two parents of the opposite sex who are indifferent

Forum List

Back