Which Republican is giving up Medicare & SS on retirement?

/-----/ ????]

Very simple... The collection of taxes for Social Security and Medicare is THEFT, pure and simple. Both programs are unconstitutional and immoral. Then, some number of years later the thief (the Government) steals money from other people to pay you back fr whst they stole from you via those two programs (SS & Medicare).

I don’t and won’t take stolen money or the proceeds of stolen money. I’d rather die with a clear conscience.

/-----/ ????]

Very simple... The collection of taxes for Social Security and Medicare is THEFT, pure and simple. Both programs are unconstitutional and immoral. Then, some number of years later the thief (the Government) steals money from other people to pay you back fr whst they stole from you via those two programs (SS & Medicare).

I don’t and won’t take stolen money or the proceeds of stolen money. I’d rather die with a clear conscience.
/----/ I was forced to pay in and damn it I'm grabbing every dollar back. My wife and I are due about $40k a year in SS.

I've yet to meet a Republican who didn't take Social Security & Medicare after retirenent?

I have seen a lot complain about such programs none the less.

Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

Because I was forced to pay into medicare and SS for 40 fucking years of my working life, so yea, I might hate both programs but I was forced to pay into both so why wouldn't I want to get my money back?

Just because someone wants to try to get their money back that they were forced to pay into for 4 decades does not mean they support the program.

I was forced to pay in and damn it I'm grabbing every dollar back. My wife and I are due about $40k a year in SS.

Two crimes don’t cance each other out. If you’re upset about being robbed, stop the crime instead of trying to get your money back.

Or do you really believe these programs are legitimate?

Social security and Medicare are two very successful programs instituted by two of most hated Democratic presidents of all time.

So naturally, the republicans would love nothing more than eliminate them.

But since they are so fucking lame at doing anything other than giving tax cuts to the billionaires, they’ll never come up with replacements.

That's the problem. I call this the Ray from Cleveland's Raccoon Theory.

You see a raccoon digging through your garbage can. So you go inside the house and fetch that half a ham you were going to throw out at the end of the week anyway. The animal eats in delight. Now give it a couple of seconds and try to take that ham away and see what happens.

My raccoon theory is not something new. Politicians knew of this theory all along--especially on the left.

Once you give people something, they automatically claim it as their own. Like the raccoon, it's virtually impossible to take it away--unless you want to get your hand chewed up.

And this is why when Republicans are in power, they cannot take social goodies away. It's also the reason we need to stop creating more social programs.

Only thing is that these are not Racoons but rather People we're helping.

Beyond helping people these social programs seem to help the economy.
Probably by freeing up money from rich horders & putting it into the hands of people who'd hardly be consumers & make them better consumers.

Face the facts the 3 biggest economic growth in the 20th century USA were FDR, Harding & LBJ each implemented social programs.

Fuck "social programs". It is not my responsibility to pay your bills. It is your responsibility.
Social security and Medicare are two very successful programs instituted by two of most hated Democratic presidents of all time.

So naturally, the republicans would love nothing more than eliminate them.

But since they are so fucking lame at doing anything other than giving tax cuts to the billionaires, they’ll never come up with replacements.

That's the problem. I call this the Ray from Cleveland's Raccoon Theory.

You see a raccoon digging through your garbage can. So you go inside the house and fetch that half a ham you were going to throw out at the end of the week anyway. The animal eats in delight. Now give it a couple of seconds and try to take that ham away and see what happens.

My raccoon theory is not something new. Politicians knew of this theory all along--especially on the left.

Once you give people something, they automatically claim it as their own. Like the raccoon, it's virtually impossible to take it away--unless you want to get your hand chewed up.

And this is why when Republicans are in power, they cannot take social goodies away. It's also the reason we need to stop creating more social programs.

Only thing is that these are not Racoons but rather People we're helping.

Beyond helping people these social programs seem to help the economy.
Probably by freeing up money from rich horders & putting it into the hands of people who'd hardly be consumers & make them better consumers.

Face the facts the 3 biggest economic growth in the 20th century USA were FDR, Harding & LBJ each implemented social programs.

Fuck "social programs". It is not my responsibility to pay your bills. It is your responsibility.

A.) Just because someone supports social programs doesn't necessarily make them in need.

I know it's a foreign concept for Individualists to see a collective society & not just me, mine & now.

But some of us don't like suffering poor.

B.) The majority of Americans are on social programs so I dont think you're going to make a heck of a lot of friends & voters by getting rid of Social Security & Medicare.

Majority of Americans have received government aid

C.) Contrary to Republican theories. Presidents who implemented social programs had more economic growth than presidents who cut taxes.

Not by a small margin but rather by a huge margin.

I was forced to pay in and damn it I'm grabbing every dollar back. My wife and I are due about $40k a year in SS.

Two crimes don’t cance each other out. If you’re upset about being robbed, stop the crime instead of trying to get your money back.

Or do you really believe these programs are legitimate?
/---/ So you can give my money to the greedy horde in Mexico trying to invade our country? No thanks. And the only thing wrong with SS is how the money is managed and we can't invest part in the market like FDR wanted.

I've yet to meet a Republican who didn't take Social Security & Medicare after retirenent?

/----/ We paid for it our entire lives, why the hell would we give it up? Do you walk into the grocer, buy a cart full of groceries, pay for it then walk away without taking them home?
iu

Uh, anyone who is against something should avoid it, not get it.

It's called hypocrisy.

Not my fault you want to look at your cake & eat it too.

So you can give my money to the greedy horde in Mexico trying to invade our country? No thanks. And the only thing wrong with SS is how the money is managed and we can't invest part in the market like FDR wanted.

No. The money shouldn’t be taken from the taxpayers to begin with. If it isn’t taken it can’t be given to anyone.

The entire program is unconstitutional on its face.

So you can give my money to the greedy horde in Mexico trying to invade our country? No thanks. And the only thing wrong with SS is how the money is managed and we can't invest part in the market like FDR wanted.

No. The money shouldn’t be taken from the taxpayers to begin with. If it isn’t taken it can’t be given to anyone.

The entire program is unconstitutional on its face.
/----/ You're talking in circles about something that can't be undone. Send you SS check back if you want, but don't tell us what to do.

/----/ We paid for it our entire lives, why the hell would we give it up? Do you walk into the grocer, buy a cart full of groceries, pay for it then walk away without taking them home?
iu

It's called hypocrisy.

/----/ BWHAHAHAHAHA Try and avoid the SS deductions. Go ahead and let us know how that works.

If 50% of people in the USA make less than 30K a year which they do its hard enough to pay rent & cars & food bills much less get health insurance & save up for retirement.

Republicans think most people should settle for less.

You don't support any measures to help people become middle class.

It's not up to me or the Republicans to "help" people become middle-class. That's left to the individual.

How can you settle for any less than being on some government program? If you can't support yourself and need your neighbors to do so, then you are the one that hit rock bottom.

Before you make judgements on what Republicans believe, maybe you should try listening to them first. Try Rush Limbaugh sometime. He's constantly telling people to better themselves. He always tells people that government is a hurdle, not a catapult. He always said everybody can accomplish whatever their goals are. I never heard him say people should just settle for less.

In my industry, we need over 30,000 new drivers we can't find. It's gotten so bad that industry is now turning to foreigners to do the job. And let me tell you, you can make a decent living being a truck driver; much more than 30K a year. In fact, some companies will train and get you licensed if you sign a year contract with them.

My father did very well being a bricklayer. He's 87 years old and still getting his pension checks. But you can't find younger people willing to join the trade. The ones that do try can't pass the drug test because smoking pot is more important than securing a career which is in demand right now!

It was the same thing with my former tenants. They were both in their later 20's when they left, and both worked fast food jobs. Why? Because better paying jobs required them to take drug tests. So they opted to keep smoking pot and work lower wage jobs. The problem is a lot of younger people are doing the same. So it's not a surprise that many in our country are making 30K or less a year.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Republicans don't even understand Capitalism much, apparently.

If 100% had PhD degrees the market would still demand burger flippers, toilet scrubbers, ditch diggers, lawn mowers, Walmart greeters.

So its actually the markets fault.

Capitalism creates winners & losers economically.

Natural selection creates winners & losers genetically.

Republicans don't seem understand either concept very well.

Not at all.

Let's say that instead of Obama's stimulus, he decided to give half of all adults in the country a million dollars each. They picked people at random.

So I got lucky and now I have a million dollars. But my toilet starts acting up, so I call my plumber. He's out of business because he got a million dollars too. So I call the next one in the phone book with the same result.

I finally locate a plumber that didn't get a million dollars and is still open for business, He says he can come over and repair my toilet next week, and the minimum charge will be $200.00. What choice do I have but to pay him or fix it myself?

Even though I got lucky and got picked, those who did not benefited from my fortune as well. That's the way capitalism works; that;'s the way supply and demand works. So toilet scrubbers and burger flippers would benefit just like my plumber. Businesses would have to offer more money to get labor.

Capitalism doesn't create winners and losers, people make that choice for themselves. If you want to become a winner, choose the path of a winner. If you want to be a loser, choose the path of a loser. Most people are satisfied with something in between, but that was still their choice.

I don't know you or much about your personal life, but I would be willing to bet that outside of your house, or perhaps an IRA at work, you never risked your money to make more. You live paycheck to paycheck and save what you can. You depend on your job for income instead of yourself. You want to work 40 hours a week and take three or four weeks of vacation every year. And that's fine.

But for those who went one, two, or several steps further, capitalism didn't "make" them do it. They did it on their own to be more successful than you or I.
if
If 50% of people in the USA make less than 30K a year which they do its hard enough to pay rent & cars & food bills much less get health insurance & save up for retirement.

It's not up to me or the Republicans to "help" people become middle-class. That's left to the individual.

How can you settle for any less than being on some government program? If you can't support yourself and need your neighbors to do so, then you are the one that hit rock bottom.

Before you make judgements on what Republicans believe, maybe you should try listening to them first. Try Rush Limbaugh sometime. He's constantly telling people to better themselves. He always tells people that government is a hurdle, not a catapult. He always said everybody can accomplish whatever their goals are. I never heard him say people should just settle for less.

In my industry, we need over 30,000 new drivers we can't find. It's gotten so bad that industry is now turning to foreigners to do the job. And let me tell you, you can make a decent living being a truck driver; much more than 30K a year. In fact, some companies will train and get you licensed if you sign a year contract with them.

My father did very well being a bricklayer. He's 87 years old and still getting his pension checks. But you can't find younger people willing to join the trade. The ones that do try can't pass the drug test because smoking pot is more important than securing a career which is in demand right now!

It was the same thing with my former tenants. They were both in their later 20's when they left, and both worked fast food jobs. Why? Because better paying jobs required them to take drug tests. So they opted to keep smoking pot and work lower wage jobs. The problem is a lot of younger people are doing the same. So it's not a surprise that many in our country are making 30K or less a year.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

If 100% had PhD degrees the market would still demand burger flippers, toilet scrubbers, ditch diggers, lawn mowers, Walmart greeters.

Not at all.

Let's say that instead of Obama's stimulus, he decided to give half of all adults in the country a million dollars each. They picked people at random.

So I got lucky and now I have a million dollars. But my toilet starts acting up, so I call my plumber. He's out of business because he got a million dollars too. So I call the next one in the phone book with the same result.

I finally locate a plumber that didn't get a million dollars and is still open for business, He says he can come over and repair my toilet next week, and the minimum charge will be $200.00. What choice do I have but to pay him or fix it myself?

Even though I got lucky and got picked, those who did not benefited from my fortune as well. That's the way capitalism works; that;'s the way supply and demand works. So toilet scrubbers and burger flippers would benefit just like my plumber. Businesses would have to offer more money to get labor.

Capitalism doesn't create winners and losers, people make that choice for themselves. If you want to become a winner, choose the path of a winner. If you want to be a loser, choose the path of a loser. Most people are satisfied with something in between, but that was still their choice.

I don't know you or much about your personal life, but I would be willing to bet that outside of your house, or perhaps an IRA at work, you never risked your money to make more. You live paycheck to paycheck and save what you can. You depend on your job for income instead of yourself. You want to work 40 hours a week and take three or four weeks of vacation every year. And that's fine.

But for those who went one, two, or several steps further, capitalism didn't "make" them do it. They did it on their own to be more successful than you or I.

Democrats are dumb & Republicans are dumber.
Or maybe Democrats are Beavis & Republicans are Butthead.

Both parties are dumb jokes but ultimately Democrats are slightly more aware.

Saying people chose to be poor in a Capitalist society is not just dumb it's mega- retarded.

If you believe the market drives wages.
&
Government should do nothing about the poor
&
Government should allow outsourced jobs.

It then becomes obvious that most poor people are poor not fron choices but from RayFromCleveland's philosophy.AKA Republicanism.

Republicans wouldn't make it in any other civilized White, or Asian country who'd right away out Republicans to the trash bin as anti- civilization.

The bottomline is Capitalism creates winners & losers.

If everybody had a 150 IQ or higher & PhD degrees they would still have people working at McDonalds with a 150 IQ & a PhD because a society only requires so many PhD degrees as jobs & way more low paying menial jobs.

Thats the reality.

iu

It's called hypocrisy.

/----/ BWHAHAHAHAHA Try and avoid the SS deductions. Go ahead and let us know how that works.

Republican logic.

Gimme gimme. Entilements that I hate.

Like why buy food you hate & then get it. & feel you must eat it all & complain about.

So you want us to give up on things we paid for our entire life's?

I don't really care what you do with that, but don't expect to not look hypocritical complaining about what you take.
/----/ Ever think we're complaining about the piss poor way the money is being managed?

Yeah like in Sweden where healthcare is all paid for & yet not only does it cost their government slightly less per person. When you look at out of pocket too. Then it becomes obvious our system is broken.

For every 1 dollar Americans spend Sweden pays about 60 cents on healthcare & yet Sweden lives longer.

Pay more & live less time is the US motto on healthcare.

Because Republicans are very, very stupid.

Medicare for all actually makes more sense.

Last edited:
BS...............the Red State Rant............which you are trying........is BS............because it uses military bases, NASA, and Shipyards and such to taint the dang spending..................And says...........look here at all the money they are getting there............No .......we have shipbuilding and are building ships............bases........etc..............

Horse Hockey...........

Southerners cost us more per person on Medicare spending.

Geographic Variation in U.S. Medicare Per Capita Spending and Spending Growth Rates by County, 2007-2013

Southerners cost us more per person on Medicaid spending.

Medicaid Financing: The Basics - Issue Brief

We should start making the South pay more in Federal Taxes, so they can start paying the tab more evenly.
(Well, at least that's how Republicans would see it)
But, I suppose it doesn't apply because the Southerners are "Their darlings"??????
Federal Program ..........da rules apply nationwide..........which happen to be UNIFORM............dumbass........

We should RAISE the taxes on the South, because they take more, in fact what ever a state takes it should pay that much more in taxes.

At least that's the kind of logic that SHOULD APPLY according to Republican theories.

Diversion tactic noted.

So it's a diversion that the South takes more in Medicare & Medicaid than they pay into the system?
Yet complain more about Medicare & Medicaid?

I'm so sorry reality is a hard pill to swallow?
It is a diversion when we're talking about taking or not taking SS and you want to carry on about southern states.

Republicans they complain if someone is poor, and also complain about government helping them not be poor & about businesses helping them not be poor by paying them more?

Government has never helped anybody "not be poor." Government gives them enough to live on, however having enough to live on does not mean one is no longer poor.

Republicans believe that government should not force industry to pay people more than their labor is worth. If one wants their labor to be worth more, it's up to them to make that happen--not government nor industry.

Republicans are the first to complain about flop houses & homeless in shabby clothes.

Then they complain about bosses paying them too much.

Then they complain about government helping them.

It makes Republicans come off as cruel, thoughtless & Heartless.

When you start with a false premise, you can't arrive at a true conclusion. Bosses can and should pay whatever they and the employees agree to pay. The problem is the government forcing them to pay artificially high wages that are less valuable than their cost.

Republican theory.

Dress nicer hobo.

You shouldn't be paid more by your boss hobo.

You shouldn't get hand outs from the government hobo.

Now am I missing something or do you just Bark?

Republicans are prob the most likely to complain about the hobo being a hobo but then complain about solutions to fix the hobo.

This is what you call being clueless, cruel & an Individualist.
Your statement, "Then they complain about bosses paying them too much", is completely false,

Not at all.

if

Not at all.

Saying people chose to be poor in a Capitalist society is not just dumb it's mega- retarded.

&
&

It then becomes obvious that most poor people are poor not fron choices but from RayFromCleveland's philosophy.AKA Republicanism.

Republicans wouldn't make it in any other civilized White, or Asian country who'd right away out Republicans to the trash bin as anti- civilization.

If everybody had a 150 IQ or higher & PhD degrees they would still have people working at McDonalds with a 150 IQ & a PhD because a society only requires so many PhD degrees as jobs & way more low paying menial jobs.

Thats the reality.

The other reality is that there are only so many people who would get PhD's so you philosophy is moot.

Yes, people do choose to be poor, I've witnessed it repeatedly. No, not everybody has the intelligence to get out of poverty, but most do thanks to capitalism. As for the people who choose poverty, it's due to several reasons: One, they want things in life they reasonably can't afford. Two, they are lazy or otherwise unmotivated. Three, they have no desire to obtain wealth. It's much easier to sit back and complain about those who do have it. Fourth, is insecurity; not wanting to take risks or spend time to learn about investments, or they conducted their life irresponsibly.

Capitalism doesn't create winners and losers. If anything creates winners and losers, government does.

I come from a regular middle-class family. I followed in my fathers footsteps by getting a job and going to work. Capitalism wasn't responsible for that. I stayed out of trouble with the law, didn't get involved in drugs, invested my money on several occasions. Capitalism didn't do that, I did. At this point, the only successful investments I have are my IRA at work and my real estate investments which should yield a very comfortable retirement when the day arrives. Capitalism didn't do that, I did. I have several cousins who are worth a million dollars or much more. Again, we are all from the same environment, middle-class working families. Capitalism didn't choose that for them. They earned their wealth through education, risky investments, or a combination of both. But in all cases, because of motivation.

Southerners cost us more per person on Medicare spending.

Geographic Variation in U.S. Medicare Per Capita Spending and Spending Growth Rates by County, 2007-2013

Southerners cost us more per person on Medicaid spending.

Medicaid Financing: The Basics - Issue Brief

We should start making the South pay more in Federal Taxes, so they can start paying the tab more evenly.
(Well, at least that's how Republicans would see it)
But, I suppose it doesn't apply because the Southerners are "Their darlings"??????
Federal Program ..........da rules apply nationwide..........which happen to be UNIFORM............dumbass........

We should RAISE the taxes on the South, because they take more, in fact what ever a state takes it should pay that much more in taxes.

At least that's the kind of logic that SHOULD APPLY according to Republican theories.

Diversion tactic noted.

So it's a diversion that the South takes more in Medicare & Medicaid than they pay into the system?
Yet complain more about Medicare & Medicaid?

I'm so sorry reality is a hard pill to swallow?
It is a diversion when we're talking about taking or not taking SS and you want to carry on about southern states.

Medicare is also spoken of in my OP.

Medicare costs more per person enrolled in the Southern states.

https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.file...09/medicare-spending-by-county-2015-10-06.png

iu

It's called hypocrisy.

Ok give me back every penny I ever paid into both and I promise I won't withdraw any money later in life from them.

Deal?

You can't force me to pay into a program and then call me a hypocrite for withdrawing MY money back.

It's hypothetical to call this a free country yet FORCE people to buy health insurance, pay for SS and medicare even though they haven't benefited a single penny from either, etc.

THAT'S real hypocrisy.

Not at all.

if

Not at all.

&
&

Thats the reality.

The other reality is that there are only so many people who would get PhD's so you philosophy is moot.

Yes, people do choose to be poor, I've witnessed it repeatedly. No, not everybody has the intelligence to get out of poverty, but most do thanks to capitalism. As for the people who choose poverty, it's due to several reasons: One, they want things in life they reasonably can't afford. Two, they are lazy or otherwise unmotivated. Three, they have no desire to obtain wealth. It's much easier to sit back and complain about those who do have it. Fourth, is insecurity; not wanting to take risks or spend time to learn about investments, or they conducted their life irresponsibly.

Capitalism doesn't create winners and losers. If anything creates winners and losers, government does.

I come from a regular middle-class family. I followed in my fathers footsteps by getting a job and going to work. Capitalism wasn't responsible for that. I stayed out of trouble with the law, didn't get involved in drugs, invested my money on several occasions. Capitalism didn't do that, I did. At this point, the only successful investments I have are my IRA at work and my real estate investments which should yield a very comfortable retirement when the day arrives. Capitalism didn't do that, I did. I have several cousins who are worth a million dollars or much more. Again, we are all from the same environment, middle-class working families. Capitalism didn't choose that for them. They earned their wealth through education, risky investments, or a combination of both. But in all cases, because of motivation.

If everybody was high IQ, highly motivated & had a PhD there would still be about the same amount of minimum wage jobs that fill in poor people.

My area has low poverty & a lot of those in poverty are illegal Hispanics who work hard & White contractors who work hard & White casheers who work.

Now Blacks & Puerto Ricans & Dominicans do often gouge & do little.
They tend to live in cities around here where theres section 8 / Housing projects.

The government should only give working abled people welfare uf they have jobs ot give them jobs if they're not working.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back