Which "side" of the "fence" are you on?

i've said for a long long time you got 10% of the idiots on both sides shouting and the 80% if the middle needs to be the parents here and scream back SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop pandering to their "I must be right" bullshit.
What concerns me is that I'm beginning to think this is no longer an 80/20 situation.

This madness is permeating our culture now. It's everywhere.

The majority is still sane and decent and reasonable. But I fear the numbers have deteriorated.
when the 10% on either side know people are about to quit listening, they do the only thing they know to do.

get louder.

#'s are the same overall but yea, i can see some of the 80% being frustrated enough to respond at times but the #'s are still basically the same.

But these people probably feel as though they discuss things till their blue in the face and no one gives a damn.

It seems to me that the spark to this rally was the destruction of a war memorial for General Lee. I think they felt like their history was being erased, because the government is trying to erase their white race and all history associated with them and they feel powerless to stop it.

Then on the other side of the coin you have BLM whose lives had gotten even worse under Obama. To top things off, the DNC e-mails revealed that the DNC views BLM as more of a terrorist group and have no intentions of helping them whatsoever.

So here we have two really pissed off groups without representation in government. They can talk all they want but no one gives a damn about any of them. Instead, they will all just wind up on some secret terrorist list that Homeland Security will keep track of and be labeled enemies of the state.

IMO, the extremists (in action, not thought) of both sides ARE enemies of the state. Lawful expression of opinions, however vile, is protected. Violence is not. Arrest the violent lawbreakers of both sides so normal people can work out a solution. Protect us from both sides' criminals.
The much tougher part is finding a way to culturally marginalize the zealots.

They're not going to stop acting like this, so it's up to the majority to stop giving them attention and influence.

It's actually quite simple IGNORE THEM. Don't counter-protest their marches, and for God's sake don't try to shut down their marches violently.
Yep. They deserve to be ignored, and what this shit does is attract more of them to the "cause".

Zealots don't think stuff through. It's what makes them zealots.

A lot of it also has to do with the narcissism found in so many zealots.
Yep. They and their "side" have all the answers. Anyone who disagrees with them is dumb. Anyone who disagrees with them deserves attacks and mockery and personal insults. On and on. From both ends.

Textbook.

Last edited:
But these people probably feel as though they discuss things till their blue in the face and no one gives a damn.

It seems to me that the spark to this rally was the destruction of a war memorial for General Lee. I think they felt like their history was being erased, because the government is trying to erase their white race and all history associated with them and they feel powerless to stop it.

Then on the other side of the coin you have BLM whose lives had gotten even worse under Obama. To top things off, the DNC e-mails revealed that the DNC views BLM as more of a terrorist group and have no intentions of helping them whatsoever.

So here we have two really pissed off groups without representation in government. They can talk all they want but no one gives a damn about any of them. Instead, they will all just wind up on some secret terrorist list that Homeland Security will keep track of and be labeled enemies of the state.

IMO, the extremists (in action, not thought) of both sides ARE enemies of the state. Lawful expression of opinions, however vile, is protected. Violence is not. Arrest the violent lawbreakers of both sides so normal people can work out a solution. Protect us from both sides' criminals.

They're not going to stop acting like this, so it's up to the majority to stop giving them attention and influence.

It's actually quite simple IGNORE THEM. Don't counter-protest their marches, and for God's sake don't try to shut down their marches violently.

Easy to say if you approach the matter from a position of privilege. Empathy. Try it sometime.

Take your privilege bullshit and cram it up your ass. That's just another method of getting undeserved and unearned leverage in a conversation, and I don't play into that.
don't even know who you're talking to as they earned ignore long ago - but i can see whoever it is, it was the right move on my part. ;)

Easy to say if you approach the matter from a position of privilege. Empathy. Try it sometime.

Take your privilege bullshit and cram it up your ass. That's just another method of getting undeserved and unearned leverage in a conversation, and I don't play into that.
don't even know who you're talking to as they earned ignore long ago - but i can see whoever it is, it was the right move on my part. ;)

Lonelaugher.

All he has is "fuh fuh fuh, privilege, fuh fuh fuh, check it, fuh fuh fuh."

Lonelaugher.

All he has is "fuh fuh fuh, privilege, fuh fuh fuh, check it, fuh fuh fuh."
musta ignored quick when i came in as he doesn't sound familiar - but it's easy enough to tell who's in here to talk and debate what is going on and who's here to be an anal repository of snark.

Wow, going Godwin so quickly?

The difference is the Nazi party was polling as a major party, and won lots of seats. Our current crop of Nazi's can't even win local elections.

Um, guy, its not a Godwin if you are talking about actual Nazis, and since Trump enjoys their support and can't bring himself to denounce them, I'd say they've already won without winning an election.

Hitler didn't win an election, either.

This is what your side has let into the room. Someone needs to do something about it.

Wow, going Godwin so quickly?

The difference is the Nazi party was polling as a major party, and won lots of seats. Our current crop of Nazi's can't even win local elections.

Um, guy, its not a Godwin if you are talking about actual Nazis, and since Trump enjoys their support and can't bring himself to denounce them, I'd say they've already won without winning an election.

Hitler didn't win an election, either.

This is what your side has let into the room. Someone needs to do something about it.

Trump Now Explicitly Condemns Extremist, White Supremacist, Neo-Nazi Groups At Charlottesville

Lies are all you have. But I figure this isn't good enough for you because you need your political "points" to be scored.

The Nazis were the largest party at a few points during the Weimar period, and they were included in a coalition government with the conservative parties following the legal procedure under the Weimar Constitution.

I'm being ignored by the warriors for free speech. Love it.

What are you talking about? Free Speech grants you the right to not be put in jail for voicing your opinions. Doesn't mean people have to listen to it.

As for what "side of the fence", I lean conservative, but definitely on the far side of the fence as can be of these nazi's.

It would be nice if we created a place where white people like Marty could see what it's like to be a black person or a gay person for a week. Check your Privilege.

Why should I? Much of my "privilege" is by my own hand.

You are free to speak. They are free to ignore you. That's how it works.
The Regressives really aren't up on this topic.
you should see my ignore list. :)
I used to have six or seven on mine, but then it occurred to me that their posts were extremely helpful in helping me prove a point, and I took them all off.

Just quote them and say "see?" -- Easy as pie.

One of them actually claimed that my having them on ignore was violating their free speech. Ya gotta love it.

I used to have six or seven on mine, but then it occurred to me that their posts were extremely helpful in helping me prove a point, and I took them all off.

Just quote them and say "see?" -- Easy as pie.

One of them actually claimed that my having them on ignore was violating their free speech. Ya gotta love it.
what point? they're a baiting idiot incapable of thinking beyond their own 3 year old desires that only focus on THEIR immediate needs?

no matter how many times you quote them and say "see" nothing changes. they were an idiot before it, they're an idiot after it and the ONLY thing you do when doing that is validate their idiocy.

In the choice between white nationalists of the alt right and antifa on the left it's absolutely no contest. I stand with neither.

I'm a constitutionalist. I stand for limited federal government, protection for our liberty, the freedom to self govern.

have no need for an ignore list you right wing nut jobs are my entertainment
heh - it will get old soon enough. nut jobs have 1 thing in common on both sides.

they're fucking stupid and nothing is going to change that.

Well, we know what side the liberal-hijacked govts. and civil services are on. They enabled this entire slaughter for their own purposes.

So they counted on white nationalists being really violent and were proven right.

Nice conspiracy theory. :rolleyes:

The police unlawfully barricaded the meeting place for which Unite The Right had a permit. Then the police allowed for mob rule. That's the facts, bitch.

STEP!

So what you are saying is they counted on white nationalists being really violent and were proven right.

Forum List

Back