White Is Beautiful

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
"Being white is the preference," says Tanupriya, 23, an insurance brokerage firm employee. "There's a different psychology here. I think Indian women have problems with acceptance."
"Gori hai sundar," she says. White is beautiful.
Khurana says this tongue in cheek. She knows it's racist -- and disagrees with this collective thinking. But she's right. As far back as I can remember, a woman's complexion has been a very big deal in my native land.
When I was a child, my aunt forbade me to play outside lest I turn several shades darker in the sun. The same aunt lamented after one of my trips to Iraq that the strong sun had made me "black."
"You used to be so pretty," she said. In other words: "You used to be so light-skinned."

'White is beautiful:' Why India needs its own Oprah Winfrey - CNN.com

I don't know. No question blacks value lighter skin color but then, whites want darker skin. That's why they lay out in the sun. Everybody, in america anyway, wants that copper color.

Nothing looks worse on a white girl than untanned legs.

These white people?

o-ALBINO-570.jpg

• Banned
All over the world people of color prefer to be lighter

Industry Report - Industry SWOT Analysis Chapter
The Tanning Salons industry is in the mature stage of its industry life cycle. The industry has a stable client base; 28.0 million Americans use indoor tanning services each year. Although there is continued demand for tanning services, the industry is relatively saturated. There are currently about 22,632 tanning salons in the United States. Furthermore, the number of tanning salons has been on the decline, decreasing at an average annual decline of 0.8% over the past five years. Although the Tanning Salons industry is highly fragmented, the industry is experiencing increasing consolidation, which is characteristic of a mature industry..
Tanning Salons in the US Market Research | IBISWorld

Ya, people want to be tan, not black

All over the world people of color prefer to be lighter

I wonder if it's an effect of being colonized and ruled by people with lighter skin? White was the color of the "ruling/conquering" class in some of those countries, so it's natural for some people to want to emulate them. I often wondered if many of the slaves that lived in the slave owner's house were of a lighter hue because they were the offspring of the slave owner or a male relative of his.

I also know plenty of white people who want to be darker, just check your local tanning salon and beach....................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNdglXM9NGs]The Skin Bleaching Phenomenon in Jamaica - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back