Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ "Sixties Fan, et al,

I think there is more to the strategy than just to "convince European and Arab countries to continue UNRWA's mandate."

Palestinian diplomats are engaged in a full court press to convince European and Arab countries to continue UNRWA's mandate - a mandate that ensures a parallel infrastructure for education, healthcare and housing in areas under Palestinian control.

They are also trying to convince Latin American countries to vote to extend UNRWA's mandate.

The agency's mandate has been rubber stamped to be extended every three years for decades, but in light of the recent corruption scandal at UNRWA's highest levels and the US opposition to the group, this year the extension will be a little more visible. The chances that it will not be extended are still very small.

But under the leadership of Mahmoud Abbas and is a foreign ministry, the PLO's diplomats worldwide and at the UN are initiating contacts with every country they can find to ensure that the vote remains overwhelmingly towards continuing the agency's operations.

UNRWA's model of providing free education, healthcare and housing to an ever-increasing number of descendants of refugees for ever is not sustainable. No one even pretends it is. But instead of having the agency curtail operations in areas where the local government can and should take over the role as any normal nation would, the "pro-UNRWA" crowd is not willing to even consider a change in its responsibilities to keep it financially viable.

(full article online)

PLO strenuously trying to avoid independence by pushing to extend @UNRWA mandate ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News
(COMMENT)

It may be the case that principle generation of Arab Palestinians, none of which are technically refugees, cannot be separated by cutting the donor umbilical in one swift swoop.

Most Respectfully,
R

⁜→ "Sixties Fan, et al,

I think there is more to the strategy than just to "convince European and Arab countries to continue UNRWA's mandate."

Palestinian diplomats are engaged in a full court press to convince European and Arab countries to continue UNRWA's mandate - a mandate that ensures a parallel infrastructure for education, healthcare and housing in areas under Palestinian control.

They are also trying to convince Latin American countries to vote to extend UNRWA's mandate.

The agency's mandate has been rubber stamped to be extended every three years for decades, but in light of the recent corruption scandal at UNRWA's highest levels and the US opposition to the group, this year the extension will be a little more visible. The chances that it will not be extended are still very small.

But under the leadership of Mahmoud Abbas and is a foreign ministry, the PLO's diplomats worldwide and at the UN are initiating contacts with every country they can find to ensure that the vote remains overwhelmingly towards continuing the agency's operations.

UNRWA's model of providing free education, healthcare and housing to an ever-increasing number of descendants of refugees for ever is not sustainable. No one even pretends it is. But instead of having the agency curtail operations in areas where the local government can and should take over the role as any normal nation would, the "pro-UNRWA" crowd is not willing to even consider a change in its responsibilities to keep it financially viable.

(full article online)

PLO strenuously trying to avoid independence by pushing to extend @UNRWA mandate ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News
(COMMENT)

It may be the case that principle generation of Arab Palestinians, none of which are technically refugees, cannot be separated by cutting the donor umbilical in one swift swoop.

Most Respectfully,
R
The problem is that Palestinians have no "papers" or passports. They can't just hop a plane to someplace. It is an arduous task just to go anywhere.

One Palestinian friend of mine managed to get to the US on some kind of a temporary program they had. He got US citizenship, and passport. He owns a business, home, and car. His wife and two daughters live in Jordan. They are not even allowed to visit here. He has to go to Jordan on a tourist visa to see his wife and daughters. Why can't they just live together as a family? I am sure there is some stupid fucking political excuse for that.

The fact is that the Palestinians get jerked around on the world stage like nobody else. Then along comes asshole Trump to make things worse.

Last edited:
Why can't they just live together as a family? I am sure there is some stupid fucking political excuse for that.
Maybe this question is better to be given to American authorities? Why an American citizen can't take his family to the US.

⁜→ "Sixties Fan, et al,

(full article online)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
The problem is that Palestinians have no "papers" or passports. They can't just hop a plane to someplace. It is an arduous task just to go anywhere.

One Palestinian friend of mine managed to get to the US on some kind of a temporary program they had. He got US citizenship, and passport. He owns a business, home, and car. His wife and two daughters live in Jordan. They are not even allowed to visit here. He has to go to Jordan on a tourist visa to see his wife and daughters. Why can't they just live together as a family? I am sure there is some stupid fucking political excuse for that.

The fact is that the Palestinians get jerked around on the world stage like nobody else. Then along comes asshole Trump to make things worse.

What does this have to do with Palestinians? This is a US citizen and presumably (?) Jordanian citizens?

Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ "P F Tinmore, et al

This is important. I've seen many in the discussion group struggle over this, so instead of me using my interpretation, I'll just cut'n'paste it.

Page 199 • International Law • 6th Edition said:
The need for a defined territory focuses upon the requirement for a particular territorial base upon which to operate. However, there is no
necessity in international law for defined and settled boundaries. A state may be recognised as a legal person even though it is involved in a dispute with its neighbours as to the precise demarcation of its frontiers, so long as there is a consistent band of territory which is undeniably controlled by the government of the alleged state. For this reason at least, therefore, the ‘State of Palestine’ declared in November 1988 at a conference in Algiers cannot be regarded as a valid state. The Palestinian organisations did not control any part of the territory they claim.

FOOTNOTE:_____________
See Keesing’s Record of World Events, p. 36438 (1989). See also General Assembly resolution
43/77; R. Lapidoth and K. Calvo-Goller, ‘Les E´ le´ments Constitutifs de l’E´ tat et la
D´eclaration du Conseil National Palestinien du 15 Novembre 1988’, AFDI, 1992, p. 777;
J. Crawford, ‘The Creation of the State of Palestine: Too Much Too Soon?’, 1 EJIL, 1990,
p. 307, and Crawford, ‘Israel (1948–1949) and Palestine (1998–1999): Two Studies in
the Creation of States’ in The Reality of International Law (eds. G. Goodwin-Gill and S.
Talmon),Oxford, 1999, p. 95. See below, p. 246, with regard to the evolution of Palestinian
autonomy in the light of the Israel–Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) Declaration
on Principles.

(COMMENT)

Yes, and that is an inherent function of government. IF the organization claims to be a "state," but cannot function as a "State," THEN is not a "state."

One Palestinian friend of mine managed to get to the US on some kind of a temporary program they had. He got US citizenship and passport. He owns a business, home, and car. His wife and two daughters live in Jordan. They are not even allowed to visit here. He has to go to Jordan on a tourist visa to see his wife and daughters. Why can't they just live together as a family? I am sure there is some stupid fucking political excuse for that.
(COMMENT)

Yes, this is a function of the US Government across several different federal departments. It is governed by US Domestic Law. It has nothing to do with the authority of the foreign entities.

(COMMENT)

OH! You know that is not true. Every month the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Service gets raked over the coals over this very issue. The US domestic law entanglement on this subject touches. I retired as a Federal Agent nearly 30 years ago, so I may not be up to speed on this. But your friend seems to be (not sure) describing a temporary work visa (H, L, or E visa) series Type Visa. And that is a Consular Function, which I'm not familiar with.

Remember, non-citizens do not have a "right" to enter the US; without permission (the visa).

Most Respectfully,
R

Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ "P F Tinmore, et al

Odd you should mention that.

Also don’t BS us that Arab Palestinians have no travel docs or passports. They do.
(COMMENT)

President Abbas travels on a Jordanian Passport.

I have seen a Passport issue under the Palestinian Authority. But oddly enough, the President of the PA travels either on his Jordanian Passport or his Israeli Travel Documents. I hear it is a mess.

Most Respectfully,
R

Also don’t BS us that Arab Palestinians have no travel docs or passports. They do.
A few do, most do not. Most who travel are constantly begging for visas.

Janna Jihad is an unusual case. She was born in Florida when her parents were visiting here. She has US citizenship and passport even though she has lived almost her entire life in the West Bank. Her parents have no passports.

Ahed Tamimi, Janna's cousin, spent months trying to get a student visa to study in Britain. She did finally get it.

Hannan Ashrawi, and Omar Barghouti both have children who are US citizens. Both have recently been denied visas to visit the US. Omar missed his daughters wedding.

Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ "P F Tinmore, et al

This is important. I've seen many in the discussion group struggle over this, so instead of me using my interpretation, I'll just cut'n'paste it.

Page 199 • International Law • 6th Edition said:
The need for a defined territory focuses upon the requirement for a particular territorial base upon which to operate. However, there is no
necessity in international law for defined and settled boundaries. A state may be recognised as a legal person even though it is involved in a dispute with its neighbours as to the precise demarcation of its frontiers, so long as there is a consistent band of territory which is undeniably controlled by the government of the alleged state. For this reason at least, therefore, the ‘State of Palestine’ declared in November 1988 at a conference in Algiers cannot be regarded as a valid state. The Palestinian organisations did not control any part of the territory they claim.

FOOTNOTE:_____________
See Keesing’s Record of World Events, p. 36438 (1989). See also General Assembly resolution
43/77; R. Lapidoth and K. Calvo-Goller, ‘Les E´ le´ments Constitutifs de l’E´ tat et la
D´eclaration du Conseil National Palestinien du 15 Novembre 1988’, AFDI, 1992, p. 777;
J. Crawford, ‘The Creation of the State of Palestine: Too Much Too Soon?’, 1 EJIL, 1990,
p. 307, and Crawford, ‘Israel (1948–1949) and Palestine (1998–1999): Two Studies in
the Creation of States’ in The Reality of International Law (eds. G. Goodwin-Gill and S.
Talmon),Oxford, 1999, p. 95. See below, p. 246, with regard to the evolution of Palestinian
autonomy in the light of the Israel–Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) Declaration
on Principles.

(COMMENT)

Yes, and that is an inherent function of government. IF the organization claims to be a "state," but cannot function as a "State," THEN is not a "state."

One Palestinian friend of mine managed to get to the US on some kind of a temporary program they had. He got US citizenship and passport. He owns a business, home, and car. His wife and two daughters live in Jordan. They are not even allowed to visit here. He has to go to Jordan on a tourist visa to see his wife and daughters. Why can't they just live together as a family? I am sure there is some stupid fucking political excuse for that.
(COMMENT)

Yes, this is a function of the US Government across several different federal departments. It is governed by US Domestic Law. It has nothing to do with the authority of the foreign entities.

(COMMENT)

OH! You know that is not true. Every month the US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Service gets raked over the coals over this very issue. The US domestic law entanglement on this subject touches. I retired as a Federal Agent nearly 30 years ago, so I may not be up to speed on this. But your friend seems to be (not sure) describing a temporary work visa (H, L, or E visa) series Type Visa. And that is a Consular Function, which I'm not familiar with.

Remember, non-citizens do not have a "right" to enter the US; without permission (the visa).

Most Respectfully,
R
I know that there is a lot of gobbledygook involved, but why can't they get it done. Is there nobody in the government with a brain? Why can't they get this family together?

Palestinian factions this morning all responded in strikingly similar ways to the news that Jewish student Dvir Sorek was stabbed multiple times o death.

Islamic Jihad said, "The heroic operation is a natural reaction to the terrorism of the occupation and its crimes against our people, our land and our sanctities."

The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine said, "The heroic operation this morning in the Gush Etzion settlement...is a legitimate right of the Palestinian people to respond to the ongoing crimes of the Israeli occupation."

Tamer Awadallah, a member of the Central Committee of the DFLP, praised the operation as "a natural response in reaction to the ongoing Israeli crimes."
The Popular Resistance Movement in Palestine "blessed the heroic operation" and said "the operation was a natural response to Israeli crimes in the West Bank, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip."

Everyone seems to agree that, for Palestinians, stabbing a random person is completely "natural" and "heroic."

Palestinian factions praise cold blooded murder, calling it "natural" for them ~ Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News

The commentary and observations in the linked article are largely a reiteration of the policy of the Arab-Moslem retrogrades using children as a disposable war commodity.

Using youngsters as a tool for violence near the security fence in the Gaza Strip - The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center

Using youngsters as a tool for violence near the security fence in the Gaza Strip
Published: 01/08/2019
word-image-1564666177596.png

• The activities of the youngsters near the security fence last Friday was documented by a number of journalists. Watching the videos (see below) provides a number of insights:

• Most of the Palestinians who confront the IDF are obviously adolescents, and some of them are children. Putting youngsters on the front lines is intended to make it difficult for the IDF to respond. Hamas uses it as a propaganda tool to blacken Israel’s image in world public opinion. Moreover, sometimes the adolescents may be sent to the front lines to conceal terrorist activities carried out by military operatives, endangering the youngsters’ lives.

• The violence against the IDF forces near the security fence is not “popular and spontaneous” but rather organized and is either deliberately initiated or a blind eye is turned to it. In most instances Hamas operatives are integrated into the activities in the front line, and the number of them wounded at the return marches is extremely high.[1] In one video an operative, apparently from Hamas’ restraint force (wearing an orange vest) is seen watching the violent events, but he does not try to prevent the youngsters’ activity.

Does Israel treat Palestinians the way the Nazis treated the Jews?
S.gif

e52bd908-84e3-43c0-8268-464436124c57.jpg

S.gif
S.gif

This is perhaps the most odious claim made by Israel’s detractors. The Nextermination of every Jew in Europe. Israel is seeking peace with its Palestinian neighbors.

More than one million Arabs live as free and equal citizens in Israel. Of the Palestinians in the territories, 98 percent live under the civil administration of the Palestinian Authority. Israeli policies are designed to protect Israeli citizens—Jews and non-Jews—from the incessant campaign of terror. There has never been a plan to persecute, exterminate, or expel the Palestinian people.

It's islamic terrorist high-fives all around as the Arab-Moslem Death Cult celebrates a killing. The celebration them turns to some tribal panic as they seek to destroy evidence and protect the guilty.

PALESTINIAN TERRORIST FACTIONS APPLAUD WEST BANK TERROR ATTACK
3 minute read.
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH

PALESTINIAN HAMAS SUPPORTERS in Gaza celebrate the Ariel terrorist attack, earlier this week (photo credit: MOHAMMED SALEM/ REUTERS)
A PA official in Ramallah pointed out that the murder of Sorek came on the eve of the Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha. He said he did not rule out the possibility that a Hamas cell was behind the attack.

Several Palestinian factions on Thursday welcomed the murder of off-duty soldier Dvir Sorek in the Gush Etzion area, while the Palestinian Authority expressed fear that Israel would use the terror attack to intensify its security measures against Palestinians in the West Bank.

The factions and many Palestinian activists urged Palestinians living in villages in the Gush Etzion area to immediately delete footage or remove private security cameras so as to prevent the IDF from identifying the terrorists.

Palestinian terrorist factions applaud West Bank terror attack

It's as though islamism and "Pal'istanian" have become excuses for not treating a mental illness.

Can one man's child murderer ever be another man's hero?
by Maurice Hirsch, Adv. and Itamar Marcus
Aug. 9, 2019

Can one man's child murderer ever be another man's hero? - PMW Bulletins

Can one man's child murderer ever be another man's hero?

The PA has paid millions of shekels to the 8 "heroic" terrorists of the Sbarro bombing
  • The terrorist who chose to target the pizza shop specifically because it was crowded, doesn't understand why the world thinks murdering children makes her a terrorist
  • The PA payments to the 8 terrorists have totaled 3,209,740 shekels ($910,823)
  • Every month the PA pays an additional 25,800 shekels ($7,321) to the terrorists
By Maurice Hirsch, Adv. and Itamar Marcus
18 years ago today Ahlam Tamimi smuggled a bomb in a guitar case into Jerusalem and led a suicide bomber to the Sbarro pizza shop, who then murdered 15 Israelis, 8 of them children. When Tamimi thinks about the children she murdered she has "no regrets," in fact it makes her happy. These are some of her thoughts about murdering children:

Attorney General Avichai Mandeblit on Thursday informed former Knesset lawmaker Hanin Zoabi of the Arab Israeli Balad party that he intends to indict her on a series of fraud charges, pending a hearing.

Zoabi is suspected of aggravated forgery, falsifying corporate documents, money-laundering, and aggravated fraud. Her pre-indictment hearing date was not immediately announced.

According to Hebrew reports, another 35 suspects will be charged in the far-reaching investigation of alleged financial irregularities in the Balad party, a hard-line Palestinian nationalist faction that makes up part of the Joint List party.

(full article online)

Firebrand former MK Zoabi set to be charged with fraud, forgery

Hamas has to do as they’re told by their Iranian masters if they want Iranian welfare money.

It is not only Tamimi who sees herself and her terror partners in the Sbarro bombing as heroic freedom fighters. The PA rewards every one of the child murderers involved in the bombing. Palestinian Media Watch has calculated that since the bombing on August 9, 2001, the PA has paid the 8 terrorists responsible for the attack and the families of the dead terrorists (so called "Martyrs") no less than 3,209,740 shekels ($910,823).

The payments include monthly salaries paid to the terrorists in prison, payments to the families of the dead terrorists and the payments to the terrorists who, like Tamimi, were released in the Shalit exchange.

Through August 2019, the PA has cumulatively paid:
  • the terrorists in prison 2,278,800 shekels ($646,651).
  • the families of the dead terrorists 565,600 shekels ($160,500).
  • the terrorists released in the Shalit deal 365,340 shekels ($103,672).
The payments to the released prisoners include special "release grants" that PA Chairman ordered be given to the released terrorists as a "Presidential gift as token of honor to prisoners."
The current payments rewarding the Sbarro terrorists and their families is 25,800 shekels ($7,321) /month. In spite of the self-inflicted PA financial crisis, since the beginning of 2019 alone, the PA has paid 206,400 shekels ($58,569).

(full article online)

Can one man's child murderer ever be another man's hero? - PMW Bulletins

Poor, Mohammed. A 35 year old who had nothing better to do than join the gee-had wannabe rioters who threatened to “tear the hearts out” of Jews.

Who is to blame for your bad choices, Mo’?

Gaza protests: hope fades as weekly border clashes bring more carnage than change

Mohammed Mikdad used to spend his Friday afternoons at the fence that runs along Gaza’s border, taking part in weekly demonstrations against Israel. They were fun, he says, and he didn’t have much else to do.

But after being shot in the leg by an Israeli sniper in May, Mikdad, 35, has spent recent Fridays begging outside the local mosque, unable to continue his work as a doorman and struggling to support six children and service his debts.

“We hoped it might make a little change. Later, I discovered it was worthless,” he says, his leg secured in a metal apparatus that he adjusts every six hours to help mend his shattered bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back