Who do you think hates America?

Easy. The people who want to fundamentally change it. The people who tear down statues. The people who burn our cities. The people who shout down other Americans freedom of speech.
Have you figured it out yet?
Yeah, the right wing that attacks the capital, censors books and curriculums and stifles freedom of speech or expression for anyone not white. People who want to keep symbols standing of white racists and racial atrocities committed by whites, the people who support police murders of citizens, etc.

I'm just asking the question. Do you think your political opponent hates America and want's to destroy it? Hate and destroy are two commonly used words. There isn't much nuance to their definitions.
And as I pointed out, a rather vague and imprecise question.
But typical of Leftists/DemocRATs who don't think or speak clearly, either due to education shortcomings or character flaw that always seeks to obfuscate.

Examples;

Hate America's geography?
Hate America's government system?
Hate America's political system ?
Hate America's culture ?
Hate America's economy ?
Hate America's people ?
Hate America's .....(insert) .... ?

Etc., etc., etc., ....

Want to destroy America's physical land ?
Want to destroy America with nuclear bombs ?
Want to destroy America by hijacking airliners and crashing them into tall skyscrapers ?
Want to destroy America by spreading toxic pathogens all over ?
Want to destroy America's economy and/or currency ?
Want to destroy America's government buy replacing with another form ?
Want to destroy America's government and replace with anarchy ?
Want to destroy America's government and replace with a one party dictatorship ?
Want to destroy America's cultural influences ?
Want to destroy America as an ideological concept ?

Etc., etc., etc., .....

I think people like to the think the best of people and give people the benefit of the doubt. But then there's that old saying about misery loving company. Some people want to bring others down to bring themselves up. It seems to be a personal thing that has infected an entire collective.
Some people think it is easier to thwart achievement of others instead of putting forth their own effort. They do not bring others down to bring themselves up, no....They bring as many as the can down to their own level. They do not wish to achieve, they wish to create a great 'collective' which is really nothing more than total, government control.

"Destroy it" or turn it into something they consider "better"?

You could destroy the US by changing the electoral system to something that could make the US stronger, a better place for people to live in, and strengthen the freedoms of the country.

But some will still call it "destroying America" because it would CHANGE.
Problem is that one side's "better" is the other side's "worst".

CHANGE doesn't always mean improvement.

How precisely would you change the "electoral system"* and what would that change/replacement look like ???

* BTW, how do you define the "electoral system" ?

I'm just asking the question. Do you think your political opponent hates America and want's to destroy it? Hate and destroy are two commonly used words. There isn't much nuance to their definitions.
You remind me of the balloonist in this tale;

The Balloonist and the Fisherman​

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him: “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied: “You’re in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2346 feet above seal level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said: “You must be a Republican.”

“I am” replied the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist: “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”

The man smiled and responded: “You must be a Democrat.”

“I am.” Replied the balloonist: “How did you know?”

“Well” said the man: “You don’t know where you are or where you’re going, you’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it’s my fault.”

Please identify anyone, other than terrorists, who you believe actually hates our country, and tell why you think that person or those people actually hate America and want to destroy the country.
the sons of liberty hated America from 1765 to 1776 when they started loving it Dog

they were the BLM of their era

~S~

Politics can get heated, and I can understand that opposing parties could think the other party's goals might not be the best for the country, but that's not how the rhetoric is playing out. "You hate America" and " You want to destroy the country" have become common accusations. Of course, there are terrorists that fit both descriptions, but do you really think any of our politicians, or the other party actually embrace that kind of goal? Please identify anyone, other than terrorists, who you believe actually hates our country, and tell why you think that person or those people actually hate America and want to destroy the country. This kind of rhetoric can only separate us further and hurt our country.
Amazon product ASIN 150118315X

we are LONG, LONG past "other party's goals might not be best for the country". You all FAFO what happens when you spend about three decades calling political opponents racists, homophobes, xenophobes and everything else.

our bags are packed and we are standing at the door. Hate America? It's over. We've moved beyond the "hate" stage--the America I grew up in doesn't even exist anymore.

I hate the question TBH...

I can’t speak for everyone. But I think most people on the board love America in their own way. Not “some more than others”, not “____ hates America”.
Again, not speaking for everyone but for nearly all cases...we all love America in our own way.
I don't think very many hates America but a lot of people claim a wide group does hate America

And as I pointed out, a rather vague and imprecise question.
But typical of Leftists/DemocRATs who don't think or speak clearly, either due to education shortcomings or character flaw that always seeks to obfuscate.

Examples;

Hate America's geography?
Hate America's government system?
Hate America's political system ?
Hate America's culture ?
Hate America's economy ?
Hate America's people ?
Hate America's .....(insert) .... ?

Etc., etc., etc., ....

Want to destroy America's physical land ?
Want to destroy America with nuclear bombs ?
Want to destroy America by hijacking airliners and crashing them into tall skyscrapers ?
Want to destroy America by spreading toxic pathogens all over ?
Want to destroy America's economy and/or currency ?
Want to destroy America's government buy replacing with another form ?
Want to destroy America's government and replace with anarchy ?
Want to destroy America's government and replace with a one party dictatorship ?
Want to destroy America's cultural influences ?
Want to destroy America as an ideological concept ?

Etc., etc., etc., .....
Yes, it can get very complex, but here, I'm only interested in those words in the context of the often-made claim that their opponent hates America and wants to destroy it. I haven't seen much definition as to what kind of hate that might be. You should ask the ones making the claim.

You remind me of the balloonist in this tale;

The Balloonist and the Fisherman​

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him: “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied: “You’re in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above ground elevation of 2346 feet above seal level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said: “You must be a Republican.”

“I am” replied the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist: “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”

The man smiled and responded: “You must be a Democrat.”

“I am.” Replied the balloonist: “How did you know?”

“Well” said the man: “You don’t know where you are or where you’re going, you’ve risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it’s my fault.”
I've seen that kind of minute unnecessary detail. When you asked my brother what time it was, he would start with explaining time zones, and end up trying to tell you how to build a clock.

we are LONG, LONG past "other party's goals might not be best for the country". You all FAFO what happens when you spend about three decades calling political opponents racists, homophobes, xenophobes and everything else.

our bags are packed and we are standing at the door. Hate America? It's over. We've moved beyond the "hate" stage--the America I grew up in doesn't even exist anymore.
Well, have a nice trip. Write if you get work.

Politics can get heated, and I can understand that opposing parties could think the other party's goals might not be the best for the country, but that's not how the rhetoric is playing out. "You hate America" and " You want to destroy the country" have become common accusations. Of course, there are terrorists that fit both descriptions, but do you really think any of our politicians, or the other party actually embrace that kind of goal? Please identify anyone, other than terrorists, who you believe actually hates our country, and tell why you think that person or those people actually hate America and want to destroy the country. This kind of rhetoric can only separate us further and hurt our country.
Amazon product ASIN 150118315X
MAGA hates our country.

They hate
Free elections
The constitution other than the 2nd which they purposely distort
Immigrants despite anyone not a native is an immigrant
Women
Older people
People of Color
Science
Education

In fact, it can be correctly stated they hate everything that is good about this country.

Forum List

Back