Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Yep...like alcohol yet you have no problem with it being available. Want it both ways. Fail.

The subject is marijuana which permanently damages developing brains. Brains continue to develop until we are around 25 years old.
So too, do blows to the head. Yet youth sports flourish with parental approval.
Yep! And now look! Players want to sue schools because their heads got damaged. Who pays the bill? Taxpayers.
So... Are you also stumping for the banning of youth sports? Or more specifically; making them illegal? What happens if children get caught playing at home? What if they get caught riding a bike, or climbing a tree, or wrestling? What do you suggest is a fitting punishment?
Why? Did I mention punishment?
Can’t have something be illegal, without a punishment to go along with it.. Duh... Kinda defeats the purpose...

The subject is marijuana which permanently damages developing brains. Brains continue to develop until we are around 25 years old.
Yep! And now look! Players want to sue schools because their heads got damaged. Who pays the bill? Taxpayers.
So... Are you also stumping for the banning of youth sports? Or more specifically; making them illegal? What happens if children get caught playing at home? What if they get caught riding a bike, or climbing a tree, or wrestling? What do you suggest is a fitting punishment?
Why? Did I mention punishment?
Can’t have something be illegal, without a punishment to go along with it.. Duh... Kinda defeats the purpose...

yes but I haven’t mentioned punishment.i even advocated for the freedom to rob a bank.

If there is no harm in marijuana let your surgeon have a toke before your surgery. It will relax him and make his life more enjoyable and ewe have given him freedom.

I am conservative, and I am not against the legalization of it. In fact I support it as long as it is taxed and regulated. I also believe, as I do with alcohol, that those increased taxes on it are used for rehabilitation services, as well as like cigarettes used in ads to educate people on the problems of using it.
Myself, I have only smoked marijuana maybe 10 times in my whole life. Many years ago it just gave me a headache with a brief whisper of a buzz. Today it can totally fuck you up if you are not use to it and educated and aware of the different kinds and their effects.

I am conservative, and I am not against the legalization of it. In fact I support it as long as it is taxed and regulated. I also believe, as I do with alcohol, that those increased taxes on it are used for rehabilitation services, as well as like cigarettes used in ads to educate people on the problems of using it.
Myself, I have only smoked marijuana maybe 10 times in my whole life. Many years ago it just gave me a headache with a brief whisper of a buzz. Today it can totally fuck you up if you are not use to it and educated and aware of the different kinds and their effects.
It should not be taxpayer subsidized in any way. Do you think people on food stamps and welfare should use marijuana, alcohol, or tobacco? I don’t. None of those substances should be taxpayer subsidized.

It should not be taxpayer subsidized in any way. Do you think people on food stamps and welfare should use marijuana, alcohol, or tobacco? I don’t. None of those substances should be taxpayer subsidized.
Sorry, I didn't clarify my opinion well in that regards.
I support it, like cigarettes, to be taxed beyond sales tax, and that money used for aforementioned purposes.
That way only users are paying for it. Those that don't, don't.

That's exactly what they did in Portugal

and it worked.

How many trillions of dollars could we save if we ended the failed war on drugs and all we would have to do is put a fraction of that money to use in the community to help those that are addicted

How many trillions of dollars would we spend with millions more people dropping out of society?

Portugal, the entire country the population of New York City which is already plunging to new depths.

Housing
Much Portuguese housing was substandard, both in rural and in urban areas. Many rural villages were not electrified even by the early 1990s, and villagers often had to carry water from a common source. The influx of rural migrants to urban centers in recent decades intensified demand on an already inadequate housing supply. Although 60 percent of Portuguese rented their houses (80 percent in Lisbon and Porto), rigid rent control laws in effect between 1948 and 1985 had discouraged the construction of apartments, as did a sluggish bureaucracy. As a result, in the late 1980s an estimated 700,000 illegally constructed dwellings existed in Portugal, 200,000 of which were located in the Lisbon area. Some were built on public or unused private lands. The resulting urban shantytowns (bairros da lata) often lacked electricity, running water, or sewage systems.

Portugal - SOCIAL WELFARE

Yep, sounds like paradise!

I support it, like cigarettes, to be taxed beyond sales tax, and that money used for aforementioned purposes.
And if they buy from sources that don’t tax and their little fund pot runs out........then what?

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.

When someone drinks alcohol in public it doesn't up in my stomach. When someone smokes weed in public it ends up in my lungs. I don't want someone else's smoke in my lungs. Eat all the marijuana cookies you want. Quite honestly, snort all the coke you want and shoot up with anything you want for all I care. Just don't do something in public that will end up in everyone's lungs who happen to be standing by.

Smoking pot in public is still illegal. At least it is in Colorado, and I think that's the case in most states that are legalizing. So that's kind of a moot point.
Because there is a law, people obey?

upload_2020-2-3_13-30-49.jpeg

this is in the State of Florida! Oops! There goes a freedom.

And if they buy from sources that don’t tax and their little fund pot runs out........then what?
Then they don't get high

Yep...like alcohol yet you have no problem with it being available. Want it both ways. Fail.

Willow claims to be conservative, but loves some big government as the people can't take care of themselves and makes poor decisions that "cost"us all.
Another statist is all I see.
You're confusing conservatism with anarchy. Yeah, conservatives believe in minimal law. Not anarchy.

Oh, yes, the double-edged sword of two-party authoritarianism. Liberals make things "taxpayer subsidized", and conservatives use the subsidies as an excuse to lord it over people. Go team!

In fact I support it as long as it is taxed and regulated
So you still believe in Nanny State. Especially if you can profit off the weaknesses of the addicted.
No I am a realist.
People who want to use drugs are...wait for it... going to use drugs.
It's not rocket science.
So is it better that the money goes to criminal thugs and murderous gangs - or the general public.
Or is it better like it is now, the profits goes to gangs and thugs while the public pays the price for rehabilitation?

So you still believe in Nanny State. Especially if you can profit off the weaknesses of the addicted.
No I am a realist.
It's not rocket science.
So is it better that the money goes to criminal thugs and murderous gangs - or the general public.
Or is it better like it is now, the profits goes to gangs and thugs while the public pays the price for rehabilitation?

The problem is, you're arguing for the profits going to the gangs and thugs in government instead. How about neither?

No I am a realist.
It's not rocket science.

The problem is, you're arguing for the profits going to the gangs and thugs in government instead. How about neither?

Now talk about unrealistic.... neither?
Who else would get the money, it is either or. Period.
A good example to follow is the Vaping and CBD oil industries. Was totally unregulated. It was anybody's market. And no one was watching. So what did you get? Quality of product was literally all over the place. To this day you can buy CBD oil and the product literally has zero CBD in it. Yet is legally sold saying it is. Why? Because it is unregulated.
Vaping is worse. Product quality isn't the concern, the concern is - will it kill you? Until kids started dropping like flies in hospitals the government wasn't involved.
There are things that only a government can do. You have to have the adult in the room.

You mean illegally. That is what is happening now and we the taxpayers fund for the arrest, the jail sentence and all their medical while incarcerated. Exactly the way it works today.

Forum List

Back