Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Parental oversight has more to do with youth using marijuana, than laws do. Last time I checked, kids were having exactly zero trouble getting, and staying supplied with the stuff. Then there’s the lifelong problems caused by being unlucky enough to be caught holding, or using it. That will cripple a kids future worse than smoking it will. You either believe in freedom, and respect the risks that freedom brings with it. Or you don’t respect freedom...

well hell then, let’s legalize bank robbery.
Lame... Was that really supposed to be a serious response?
Why can’t I have the “freedom” to rob a bank if I want too. Why would ewe infringe on my freedom?
Because your freedom ends where someone else’s begins; are you a child? Your parents should have taught you this basic concept. Individual liberty and the respect for others individual liberty, are the foundational principles of this nation. Freedom over others is what we fought against, and won.
Right. Which is why marijuana should not be legal. It kills other people.

No. It doesn’t...

Why can’t I have the “freedom” to rob a bank if I want too. Why would ewe infringe on my freedom?
Because your freedom ends where someone else’s begins; are you a child? Your parents should have taught you this basic concept. Individual liberty and the respect for others individual liberty, are the foundational principles of this nation. Freedom over others is what we fought against, and won.

No. It doesn’t...

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.

When someone drinks alcohol in public it doesn't up in my stomach. When someone smokes weed in public it ends up in my lungs. I don't want someone else's smoke in my lungs. Eat all the marijuana cookies you want. Quite honestly, snort all the coke you want and shoot up with anything you want for all I care. Just don't do something in public that will end up in everyone's lungs who happen to be standing by.

Legalize all drugs then soak the taxpayer for your medical care!

Tax the sale of these drugs and use the money to go towards their care.
Nope! If they choose to buy drugs and use them knowing the damage they are doing simply let them pay for their own care. It’s a risk they took. Freedom. Right?

I was responding with a solution to your scenario.

You want them to pay for their own medical care, then you must feel the same about others that are high risk. Tobacco, alcohol, sex with multiple partners, skydivers, those that speed, those that don't eat healthy, the obese and so on.

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.

When someone drinks alcohol in public it doesn't up in my stomach. When someone smokes weed in public it ends up in my lungs. I don't want someone else's smoke in my lungs. Eat all the marijuana cookies you want. Quite honestly, snort all the coke you want and shoot up with anything you want for all I care. Just don't do something in public that will end up in everyone's lungs who happen to be standing by.

Smoking pot in public is still illegal. At least it is in Colorado, and I think that's the case in most states that are legalizing. So that's kind of a moot point.

No. It doesn’t...

I don’t have time to watch your vid. So just state plain what the coroner ruled as the cause of death. Thanks...

Smoking pot in public is still illegal. At least it is in Colorado, and I think that's the case in most states that are legalizing. So that's kind of a moot point.

Can someone smoke pot in the privacy of their own apartment? If YES I guarantee you the whole building can smell it. Same for single homes. The smoke goes where it goes.

No. It doesn’t...

Are you wanting alcohol banned?

Yep...like alcohol yet you have no problem with it being available. Want it both ways. Fail.

The subject is marijuana which permanently damages developing brains. Brains continue to develop until we are around 25 years old.

Can someone smoke pot in the privacy of their own apartment? If YES I guarantee you the whole building can smell it. Same for single homes. The smoke goes where it goes.

That's up to the owner of the apartment building. Mine doesn't allow it. Anyway, it sounds like you're actually good with legalization. It's air pollution you're concerned with.

Against freedom I see....why the hatred of freedom?

Marijuana damages adolescent brains, health professionals write in op-ed

So freedom in exchange for a brain damaged youth. Good job!
Parental oversight has more to do with youth using marijuana, than laws do. Last time I checked, kids were having exactly zero trouble getting, and staying supplied with the stuff. Then there’s the lifelong problems caused by being unlucky enough to be caught holding, or using it. That will cripple a kids future worse than smoking it will. You either believe in freedom, and respect the risks that freedom brings with it. Or you don’t respect freedom...

Sure you are not stoned?
Never mind.
Pot doesn't make a person think of ridiculous comparisons such as you.

Still none of your fucking business.
You still haven't answered my questions from pages ago.
Where does your control over others end?

Nope! If they choose to buy drugs and use them knowing the damage they are doing simply let them pay for their own care. It’s a risk they took. Freedom. Right?

You want them to pay for their own medical care, then you must feel the same about others that are high risk. Tobacco, alcohol, sex with multiple partners, skydivers, those that speed, those that don't eat healthy, the obese and so on.
Yes! If you knowingly harm yourself then pay the bill.

No. It doesn’t...

Are you wanting alcohol banned?

It is too late to ban alcohol. It isn’t too late with marijuana and other drugs!

Yep...like alcohol yet you have no problem with it being available. Want it both ways. Fail.

The subject is marijuana which permanently damages developing brains. Brains continue to develop until we are around 25 years old.
So too, do blows to the head. Yet youth sports flourish with parental approval.
Yep! And now look! Players want to sue schools because their heads got damaged. Who pays the bill? Taxpayers.

Yes! If you knowingly harm yourself then pay the bill.
What type of Orwellion surveillance do you recommend to enforce your moral purity?
Shall every citizen be microchipped to make sure they don't participate in illegal harmful behavior?

Answer the question and shove your drive by one liners.

Yep! And now look! Players want to sue schools because their heads got damaged. Who pays the bill? Taxpayers.
So... Are you also stumping for the banning of youth sports? Or more specifically; making them illegal? What happens if children get caught playing at home? What if they get caught riding a bike, or climbing a tree, or wrestling? What do you suggest is a fitting punishment?

So... Are you also stumping for the banning of youth sports? Or more specifically; making them illegal? What happens if children get caught playing at home? What if they get caught riding a bike, or climbing a tree, or wrestling? What do you suggest is a fitting punishment?
Why? Did I mention punishment?

Willow claims to be conservative, but loves some big government as the people can't take care of themselves and makes poor decisions that "cost"us all.
Another statist is all I see.

So in conclusion folks, libtarded and some so called conservatives don’t worry about the damage drugs do they just want self gratification and to make money. I think we got it.

Forum List

Back