Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

That's a joke isn't it?

A troubling new study shows that legalizing marijuana is linked with an increase in problematic pot use among teens

It's like saying teens don't drink beer because it's legal.

The problem isn't legalization or not. The problem is with people who must get high. Their lives are so devoid of meaning that they hide in drugs. Children especially lead lives they consider worthless. They use drugs or they commit suicide.

Marijuana linked to higher risk of depression and suicide in teenagers, study finds

Marijuana use is a symptom of a very sick culture desperately trying to self medicate.

Just don’t drive and use!

Have yet to see a tax payer roller spent on a stoner, other then the stoners they have in jail. As it is, how many smoking and drinking related health issues does the taxpayer cover?
The taxpayer should not be on the hook for anyone’s healthcare. Especially those who choose to harm their bodies on purpose. And, if someone kills another person while under the influence call it what it is,murder and sentence accordingly. People are informed about drugs and alcohol and they still choose the behavior. Fine, then let them suffer the consequences.

There you go. Pot being legal one way or the other means nutting

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.
I don't know dude. States are passing it every election cycle so a majority rules there.

The taxes on weed are too intoxicating for these politicians, Dominoes when they see other state revenues..

Look at that fool John Boner As soon as he leaves office, he turned to reefer madness for investors.

Against freedom I see....why the hatred of freedom?

Marijuana damages adolescent brains, health professionals write in op-ed

So freedom in exchange for a brain damaged youth. Good job!
Parental oversight has more to do with youth using marijuana, than laws do. Last time I checked, kids were having exactly zero trouble getting, and staying supplied with the stuff. Then there’s the lifelong problems caused by being unlucky enough to be caught holding, or using it. That will cripple a kids future worse than smoking it will. You either believe in freedom, and respect the risks that freedom brings with it. Or you don’t respect freedom...

Last edited:
What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.
I don't know dude. States are passing it every election cycle so a majority rules there.

The taxes on weed are too intoxicating for these politicians, Dominoes when they see other state revenues..

Look at that fool John Boner As soon as he leaves office, he turned to reefer madness for investors.

The grass tax isn't going to net anything close to what politicians project.

Parental oversight has more to do with youth using marijuana, than laws do. Last time I checked, kids were having exactly zero trouble getting, and staying supplied with the stuff. Then there’s the lifelong problems caused by being unlucky enough to be caught holding, or using it. That will cripple a kids future worse than smoking it will. You either believe in freedom, and respect the risks that freedom brings with it. Or you don’t respect freedom...

well hell then, let’s legalize bank robbery.

The grass tax isn't going to net anything close to what politicians project.
Well they do live in a fantasy world so that is understandable..BAWWWHAHA

This is a post from a sober mind?

Wow. Soon as I see buzzwords like "gateway drug" I deduct 20 points from the intelligence level of that particular poster. Way too many incorrect assumptions to even bother countering this nonsense.
Buzzwords and cliches instead of a logical pro-marijuana argument. No surprises here.
What a moron.
You have done nothing but use buzzwords along with some lame claim that everyone wants kids to smoke pot.
Read all my posts and come back when you have a rational coherent thought.
What's the upside? Tax some poor schleps who need a worse habit than cigarettes? How in the world does legalizing marijuana benefit society?
How does legal alcohol benefit society?

How does legal tobacco benefit society?

How does McDonald's, Burger King and KFC benefit society?

And FYI cigarettes are harder to kick than weed
Yes but one marijuana cigarette does as much damage to your lungs as a whole package of cigarettes. So if you think you are smart smoking weed go for it.
No it does not. 20 cigarettes are far more damaging than one joint

But I don't smoke joints

If you're worried about that the all you need to do I'd dry vape the pot or better yet use hash

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Legalize drugs tax and regulate them, use the tax dollars to rehabilitate the addicts.
That's exactly what they did in Portugal

and it worked.

How many trillions of dollars could we save if we ended the failed war on drugs and all we would have to do is put a fraction of that money to use in the community to help those that are addicted
Why would they need help if those fucking drugs are so wonderful? Gawd what a dumbassed argument.
Where did I say that?

The point is that it's none of your fucking business

That's a joke isn't it?

A troubling new study shows that legalizing marijuana is linked with an increase in problematic pot use among teens

The problem isn't legalization or not. The problem is with people who must get high. Their lives are so devoid of meaning that they hide in drugs. Children especially lead lives they consider worthless. They use drugs or they commit suicide.

Marijuana linked to higher risk of depression and suicide in teenagers, study finds

Marijuana use is a symptom of a very sick culture desperately trying to self medicate.
So teens get booze too

Why aren't you calling for booze to be illegal?

Lame... Was that really supposed to be a serious response?

That's a joke isn't it?

So teens get booze too

Why aren't you calling for booze to be illegal?

So what's wrong with heroin?

Idiotic thread
Pot and heroin have very little in common.

Idiotic comparison
Pro pot clowns appeal to "freedom"

You just made my point. We all choose where "freedom" should be limited.

Pot is destructive to individuals, families and the nation, so I draw the line there.
Alcohol is worse

Why not draw the line there?

So your goal is to compound the problem?

Why can’t I have the “freedom” to rob a bank if I want too. Why would ewe infringe on my freedom?

Why can’t I have the “freedom” to rob a bank if I want too. Why would ewe infringe on my freedom?
Because your freedom ends where someone else’s begins; are you a child? Your parents should have taught you this basic concept. Individual liberty and the respect for others individual liberty, are the foundational principles of this nation. Freedom over others is what we fought against, and won.

Because your freedom ends where someone else’s begins; are you a child? Your parents should have taught you this basic concept. Individual liberty and the respect for others individual liberty, are the foundational principles of this nation. Freedom over others is what we fought against, and won.
Right. Which is why marijuana should not be legal. It kills other people.

Forum List

Back