Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

When the prohibitionists campaigned against alcohol they had very specific fears. Children would be drunks, the breakdown of the family, alcoholics becoming a social burden. Absolutely everything they were afraid of happened, and more. The legalization of alcohol is being used to justify the legalization of every kind of mind altering poison. Had the anti prohibitionists the ability to look into the future we would have prohibition today.

Yeah and the prohibition resulted in huge crime rate spikes not to mention the rise of organized crime. violence in the streets and bloody murders

It seems we were better off with alcohol than without it from a societal point of view.

The fact that you all want to give alcohol a pass and want to ban something that doesn't cause anywhere near the problems alcohol does is hypocrisy
Actually marijuana causes the same problems as alcohol. According to you the same problems with prohibition.

At least in my family there are three dopers and one alcoholic. It was marijuana that almost killed a child. Not alcohol. It's the drunk that has 7 years on the job and the pot head that gets canned over and over.

Yes our failed policy of drug prohibition and the failed war on drugs has caused far more problems than legalizing drugs would.

The narco terrorists that exist today exist because of our failed drug policies
Our failed slavery policies.

When the prohibitionists campaigned against alcohol they had very specific fears. Children would be drunks, the breakdown of the family, alcoholics becoming a social burden. Absolutely everything they were afraid of happened, and more. The legalization of alcohol is being used to justify the legalization of every kind of mind altering poison. Had the anti prohibitionists the ability to look into the future we would have prohibition today.

Yeah and the prohibition resulted in huge crime rate spikes not to mention the rise of organized crime. violence in the streets and bloody murders

It seems we were better off with alcohol than without it from a societal point of view.

The fact that you all want to give alcohol a pass and want to ban something that doesn't cause anywhere near the problems alcohol does is hypocrisy
Actually marijuana causes the same problems as alcohol. According to you the same problems with prohibition.

At least in my family there are three dopers and one alcoholic. It was marijuana that almost killed a child. Not alcohol. It's the drunk that has 7 years on the job and the pot head that gets canned over and over.

Yes our failed policy of drug prohibition and the failed war on drugs has caused far more problems than legalizing drugs would.

There is absolutely no analogy between slavery and the failed war on drugs

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.

Bingo. The church ladies failed with alcohol, so they went right for marijuana. Gotta stop all this fun people are having.

Back in the late 60s I once had a father in law who was in the liquor business. He laughed and said it felt very odd and funny playing the part of the good guy wearing a white hat all of a sudden.
This was in central Florida which has much in common with the deep south.

So is sugar...sugar is probably worse. It is responsible for alot of the diseases fat butted people suffer from. But sugar should not be illegal. Neither should tobacco, or all the other chemicals in our environment that humans ingest. Hell glyophosate the main part of roundup is a carcinogen but fields are laced in it.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.
I am against it because it makes people stupid and stupid people get in the way of us that are not.

Public schools and colleges today are making more people more stupid than marijuana ever has. Maybe we should get rid of those first.

So is sugar...sugar is probably worse. It is responsible for alot of the diseases fat butted people suffer from. But sugar should not be illegal. Neither should tobacco, or all the other chemicals in our environment that humans ingest. Hell glyophosate the main part of roundup is a carcinogen but fields are laced in it.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car
Which of these activities impairs your ability to function?

Narco terrorists have moved on to human trafficking and slavery.

Narco terrorists have moved on to human trafficking and slavery.

And they are still dealing in narcotics

Our failed war on drugs has made narco terrorism the problem it is today

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

I function fine after smoking pot.

I thought the point was NOT about "ability to function" but causing health problems....

too much sugar and fatty foods will cause health problems

and, eventually, death.

But if you want to talk about "ability to function"

then why not outlaw alcohol, since "ability to function" after drinking is MUCH worse than pot.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

I thought the point was NOT about "ability to function" but causing health problems....

and, eventually, death.

then why not outlaw alcohol, since "ability to function" after drinking is MUCH worse than pot.
Go ahead. I keep waiting for the household alkie to break a leg so I can ignore her.

Plenty of people have a drink and do not intend to get high. Everyone who uses drugs intends to get high. Some use drugs to get others high and take advantage of them.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

and, eventually, death.

Go ahead. I keep waiting for the household alkie to break a leg so I can ignore her.

Plenty of people have a drink and do not intend to get high. Everyone who uses drugs intends to get high. Some use drugs to get others high and take advantage of them.

You obviously have no idea what a pot "high" is.

I have bad news for you.....

and this is the truth!

every day
when you go out amongst the many headed.....

and have to negotiate your everyday dealings....

SOME of the people you speak to are "high" and you don't even know it!

you can't tell!

My own particulars;

I only smoke at night
after dinner
after dishes
a little pot.....my guitar....some practice....some recording.....

Hardly a danger to anyone

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

and, eventually, death.

and this is the truth!

every day

you can't tell!

My own particulars;

I only smoke at night
after dinner
after dishes

Actually, I DO know it. The potties never think that others can tell. I know it when I see them on the freeway. Everyone knows. You are fooling yourself.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

and, eventually, death.

and this is the truth!

every day

you can't tell!

My own particulars;

I only smoke at night
after dinner
after dishes

Actually, I DO know it. The potties never think that others can tell. I know it when I see them on the freeway. Everyone knows. You are fooling yourself.

yawn

pot is no more dangerous than alcohol

in fact...it is LESS dangerous

MOST people who smoke pot aren't bothering anyone

I'm truly sorry that conservative christians are snowflakes (or fascists?) who believe in a totalitarian nanny state and delight in destroying OTHER PEOPLES lives...

but pot should be legal

In 2017, more than 70,000 people died from drug overdoses, making it a leading cause of injury-related death in the United States. Sixty-eight percent of those deaths involved a prescription or illicit opioid. On average, 130 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose.

America's Drug Overdose Epidemic: Data to Action
Opiates and pot have little in common

No one has ever died from a Marijuana over dose

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not exactly

Louisiana coroner claims first ever recorded death from marijuana overdose
in your link.....
However, experts are doubtful, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse there are no reports of teens or adults dying solely from marijuana.

lol....oh geezus....

now you live with 3 "dopers"....after what you have said about people who do drugs you have no credibility....

to function?

not pot.

and, eventually, death.

and this is the truth!

every day

you can't tell!

My own particulars;

I only smoke at night
after dinner
after dishes

yawn

pot is no more dangerous than alcohol

in fact...it is LESS dangerous

MOST people who smoke pot aren't bothering anyone

I'm truly sorry that conservative christians are snowflakes (or fascists?) who believe in a totalitarian nanny state and delight in destroying OTHER PEOPLES lives...

but pot should be legal
tipsey is a fraud....she lives with 3 so called dopers and an alcoholic....she lives in rehab....

but pot should be legal

Heck, I remember back when Republicans used to argue against the nanny state.

Last edited:
In 2017, more than 70,000 people died from drug overdoses, making it a leading cause of injury-related death in the United States. Sixty-eight percent of those deaths involved a prescription or illicit opioid. On average, 130 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose.

America's Drug Overdose Epidemic: Data to Action

Sorry, but you cannot compare marijuana to opiates. Why? One is highly addictive (opiates), and the other one isn't (marijuana). Also, one is made from chemicals, and the other grows naturally.

sugar
fatty foods
fried fatty foods
skiing
mountain climbing
scuba diving
bungy jumping
driving in a car

to function?

not pot.

and, eventually, death.

You're right, some people use drugs to get others high to take advantage of them. It's called "being roofied", and that is the method that Bill Cosby used.

However, marijuana cannot be used like that. While it is an intoxicant, and you will feel a bit happier, and you might see brighter colors, you WON'T see anything that isn't there, nor will your inhibitions drop. If you wouldn't do it sober, chances of you being talked into it while stoned on marijuana are zero.

Interestingly enough, the opposite is true of alcohol. The more you drink, the lower your inhibitions go.

Forum List

Back