Why are the NSA and CIA not involved in the Trump investigation?

I 100% support the idea that the FPOTUS can put the whole issued to bed, all he needs to do is produce the documentation created while the active President that lists specifically what information was declassified by him.

I doesn't change the law his illegal possession of government property, but it would remove the whole discussion about "classification".

WW
There is illegal possession of government property then there is jeopardizing national security

Trump did both

His problem. I’m still curious how many saw the classified email of hitlery that you never cared about

Hillary had 4 "classified" documents on her computer. Nothing above "classified". No "Top Secret" documents, and nothing that could get any agents killed.

The "classified" documents were sent to her by others. She didn't steal them from the White House when she left office, or lie about having them.

When the FBI investigated, Hillary didn't obstruct the investigation, lie to the the investigators, or try to keep them from completing their work.

Last but not least, the whole "Hillary's emails" was a complete witch hunt because the Republicans knew when Hillary was in office that she was using a private server for her email. It wasn't illegal until after she left office, and they said and did NOTHING until they used it to discredit her as she ran for election.

Hillary had 4 "classified" documents on her computer. Nothing above "classified". No "Top Secret" documents, and nothing that could get any agents killed.

The "classified" documents were sent to her by others. She didn't steal them from the White House when she left office, or lie about having them.

When the FBI investigated, Hillary didn't obstruct the investigation, lie to the the investigators, or try to keep them from completing their work.

Last but not least, the whole "Hillary's emails" was a complete witch hunt because the Republicans knew when Hillary was in office that she was using a private server for her email. It wasn't illegal until after she left office, and they said and did NOTHING until they used it to discredit her as she ran for election.
Hillary was also authorized by her agency to use a private server

As previous office holders had been

I 100% support the idea that the FPOTUS can put the whole issued to bed, all he needs to do is produce the documentation created while the active President that lists specifically what information was declassified by him.

I doesn't change the law his illegal possession of government property, but it would remove the whole discussion about "classification".

WW

Classification is irrelevant to the charges Trump will be facing.

The mere fact that he stole the documents, and then refused to return them, lying about what he had, is sufficient to convict him and send him to jail, whether or not the documents were classified or not.

I can't help you Canadian. You can't understand it. There was nothing top secret. If there were actually top secret documents, Trump would have been arrested. Again, keep your A's in Canada

The mere fact that he stole the documents, and then refused to return them, lying about what he had, is sufficient to convict him and send him to jail, whether or not the documents were classified or not.
Oh shut up already canadian TDSer.

I know, but it will pull the talking about "Trump declassified them!!!!".

So, produce the records.

On the other hand it could bite him in the ass for a couple of reasons:
  • If the information was declassified, then it become publicly accessible.
  • If everything was declassified, then why in June to the FPOTUS turn over classified documents. If the documents were declassified, then they would not have been subject to the subpoena.
  • Thirdly, and this is the big one, if FPOTUS did declassify it secretly and mentally prior to leaving office but didn't tell anyone and after leaving office the FPOTUS and his staff continued to treat it as classified information, then that undermines the position that FPOTUS secretly and mentally declassified the information.

WW

Hillary had 4 "classified" documents on her computer. Nothing above "classified". No "Top Secret" documents, and nothing that could get any agents killed

The three classifications are "Confidential", "Secret", and "Top Secret" ... then we have a few access cravats, the only one I've seen in the Trump matter is "SCI" and presumably these are "White House only" documents ... the media reported that Hillary sent 32 e-mails that contained Top Secret information ... although at the time of the public statement, this information had been completely declassified, or we won't have been told ...

Hillary was trying to avoid FOIA requests ... the same as Trump ... everyone does this so no one can be prosecuted ... stupid isn't it? ...

The three classifications are "Confidential", "Secret", and "Top Secret" ... then we have a few access cravats, the only one I've seen in the Trump matter is "SCI" and presumably these are "White House only" documents ... the media reported that Hillary sent 32 e-mails that contained Top Secret information ... although at the time of the public statement, this information had been completely declassified, or we won't have been told ...

Hillary was trying to avoid FOIA requests ... the same as Trump ... everyone does this so no one can be prosecuted ... stupid isn't it? ...
So what's the excuse for grabbing info on the French President?

So what's the excuse for grabbing info on the French President?

The military reason? ... obviously we wouldn't be told that, do you think we should limit our ability to defend ourselves? ... if I remember the incident, this was our military doing a routine scan (read: `hack`) into French military computers and there were files of the French President's telephone conversations ... we stole information that the French military already stole ...

The military cannot prosecute us for crimes, therefore any information that gather on us cannot be used against us in a court of law ... meaning the 5th Amendment protections doesn't apply to the military ... my own grandfather was arrested and interrogated twice during WWII simply because he spoke with a thick German accent and his kids didn't speak English ... (for the record, him (and my mother) spoke Dutch) ...

Do you want to believe the NSA is responsible? ... go ahead ... [giggle] ... that's what we want you to believe ... so tip top secret that even Congress isn't allowed to know what they're doing ... [chorkle] ... you bet, fear the NSA, their spying on everyone is a great front to hide what they're really about, if such an agency existed ... and there isn't ... ROFL ... quit being so paranoid ...

NO SUCH AGENCY ...

The military reason? ... obviously we wouldn't be told that, do you think we should limit our ability to defend ourselves? ... if I remember the incident, this was our military doing a routine scan (read: `hack`) into French military computers and there were files of the French President's telephone conversations ... we stole information that the French military already stole ...

The military cannot prosecute us for crimes, therefore any information that gather on us cannot be used against us in a court of law ... meaning the 5th Amendment protections doesn't apply to the military ... my own grandfather was arrested and interrogated twice during WWII simply because he spoke with a thick German accent and his kids didn't speak English ... (for the record, him (and my mother) spoke Dutch) ...

Do you want to believe the NSA is responsible? ... go ahead ... [giggle] ... that's what we want you to believe ... so tip top secret that even Congress isn't allowed to know what they're doing ... [chorkle] ... you bet, fear the NSA, their spying on everyone is a great front to hide what they're really about, if such an agency existed ... and there isn't ... ROFL ... quit being so paranoid ...

NO SUCH AGENCY ...
WTF are you talking about?

He had government intell involving the French President among that stuff he stole.

He is a FORMER President. What possible benign reason could he have for that?

I know, but it will pull the talking about "Trump declassified them!!!!".

So, produce the records.

On the other hand it could bite him in the ass for a couple of reasons:
  • If the information was declassified, then it become publicly accessible.
  • If everything was declassified, then why in June to the FPOTUS turn over classified documents. If the documents were declassified, then they would not have been subject to the subpoena.
  • Thirdly, and this is the big one, if FPOTUS did declassify it secretly and mentally prior to leaving office but didn't tell anyone and after leaving office the FPOTUS and his staff continued to treat it as classified information, then that undermines the position that FPOTUS secretly and mentally declassified the information.

WW

You missed another big one: If this stuff was indeed declassified, why does any special master appointed need to have the highest levels of security clearance to review them?

If this stuff was indeed declassified, why do the FBI agents reviewing the material need to have the highest levels of security clearance to review them?

And with the release of the more detailed inventory of documents seized: What was the material that was in the 18 empty TOP SECRET folders, and where is it now???

Thank you for sharing your opinion, foreign troll. Of course, it's worthless, but so nice of you to try to contribute.

Forum List

Back