Why aren’t the politicians talking about one of the greatest issues facing America. The Obesity rate and our unhealthy population

Why? The coaches will have most of them sitting on the bench while they pursue their egoist agenda by playing only the best players. Or like in my grandson's case go in for one or two plays then spend the rest of the game on the bench. Walking is the king of physical exercise, and twice a day for five days is a great regimen for growing kids that might not otherwise engage in physical activity at all. And it's a great opportunity for friends walking together to bond whereas they might not get a similar period of time otherwise (been there, done that).
Boy, you just have an axe to grind against team sports in school, don’t you

After school sports build character, promote health and give kids something positive to do so they’re not just wasting time playing video games.

Its baffling that anyone would have a problem with them

After school sports build character, promote health and give kids something positive to do so they’re not just wasting time playing video games.

Its baffling that anyone would have a problem with them
I agree fully.

Team sports are great, but what does that have to do with walking to school?
Nothing. Do both

Walking more is great, but Simply walking to school obviously isn’t enough exercise. And does nothing to promote camaraderie or teamwork

Nothing. Do both

Walking more is great, but Simply walking to school obviously isn’t enough exercise. And does nothing to promote camaraderie or teamwork
Are you suggesting that every kid be forced to participate in after school sports?. As a high school senior I gave up the tennis team when I got a part time job after school. I got more exercise working than I did playing tennis.

Are you suggesting that every kid be forced to participate in after school sports?. As a high school senior I gave up the tennis team when I got a part time job after school. I got more exercise working than I did playing tennis.
No, I’m not suggesting every kid be forced to join a team. When did I say anything remotely like that?

Aside from everything else, there’s some kids who no one would really want on a team

I played on a couple teams cause of my size and strength but I wasn’t actually too great cause I’m not fast or particularly coordinated. Thankfully back then the weight room was open after school most days and informal lifting clubs formed.

So even if team stuff isn’t your thing, after school gym time helped keep guys like me out of trouble

Im completely out of touch with schools these days, but I’ve heard that they’ve all cut way back on the weight rooms due to pussified liability concerns. Hope it isn’t really true

No, I’m not suggesting every kid be forced to join a team. When did I say anything remotely like that?

Aside from everything else, there’s some kids who no one would really want on a team

I played on a couple teams cause of my size and strength but I wasn’t actually too great cause I’m not fast or particularly coordinated. Thankfully back then the weight room was open after school most days and informal lifting clubs formed.

So even if team stuff isn’t your thing, after school gym time helped keep guys like me out of trouble

Im completely out of touch with schools these days, but I’ve heard that they’ve all cut way back on the weight rooms due to pussified liability concerns. Hope it isn’t really true

It isn't.

I wouldn't let my boys play football. Head neck I juries can hang around for a lifetime. They did play basketball and run cross country. Aerobic sports are the best for health.

I wouldn't let my boys play football. Head neck I juries can hang around for a lifetime. They did play basketball and run cross country. Aerobic sports are the best for health.
Hey, we don’t want all our boys to be spaghetti-armed pansies. Throw some contact sports and strength training in there too

Forum List

Back