Zone1 Why did Jesus say we had to not only believe but be baptized?

I think he's playing with us.
Pretty much my own assessment, though I offer the word "toying" as early on he started coming across as a toddler with a new toy, but who instead has chosen to play with the cardboard box it came in.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe God the Father to be an exalted man having a body of flesh and bones. We believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate and distinct beings and persons.​

God, Body of, Corporeal Nature

Jesus was resurrected with a body of flesh and bones.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Jesus is the express image of the person of the Father!

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Here we learn that the resurrected Christ has the brightness of the Father's glory and is the EXPRESS image of his person. From this we believe Jesus looks exactly like the Father, body and all. For this reason Jesus told his disciple that if ye have seen me, ye have seen the Father (John 14:8-9). Jesus showed his resurrected body to his disciples and they understood that Jesus was still mankind. The Father himself has an immortal body of flesh and bones and is mankind. From the beginning, man was made in the very image and likeness of God the Father and Jesus Christ (Genesis 1:26-27).

Last edited:
but you havent answered my question.....who does god pray too?.....you guys are telling me he is praying to himself....
You're ignoring what we've told you. Yeshua lowered Himself to become one of us. Once you understand that, you will better understand the answer to your incessant question.

his father the real god....the one who created everything including Jesus.....2 distinct beings.....
And there it is, the true motivation behind ignoring the evidence provided. You do know that Yeshua created everything that was created, right?

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe God the Father to be an exalted man having a body of flesh and bones. We believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate and distinct beings and persons.​

God, Body of, Corporeal Nature

Jesus was resurrect with a body of flesh and bones.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Jesus is the express image of the person of the Father!

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Here we learn that the resurrected Christ has the brightness of the Father's glory and is the EXPRESS image of his person. From this we believe Jesus looks exactly like the Father, body and all. For this reason Jesus told his disciple that if ye have seen me, ye have seen the Father (John 14:8-9). Jesus showed his resurrected body to his disciples and they understood that Jesus was still mankind. The Father himself has an immortal body of flesh and bones and is mankind. From the beginning, man was made in the very image and likeness of God the Father and Jesus Christ (Genesis 1:26).
So you believe in polytheism. Correct?

So you believe in polytheism. Correct?
We believe there are other gods, however we do not believe that we should worship any other God except the Godhead which is one God made up of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Paul the Apostle of Jesus put it this way:

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

In fact Jesus himself called those unto whom the word of God came, "gods" (see Psalms 82:6 and John 10:31-36). I don't believe we are anymore polytheistic than Paul or Jesus.

We believe there are other gods, however we do not believe that we should worship any other God except the Godhead which is one God made up of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Paul the Apostle of Jesus put it this way:

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

In fact Jesus himself called those unto whom the word of God came, "gods" (see Psalms 82:6 and John 10:31-36). I don't believe we are anymore polytheistic than Paul or Jesus.
Scripture says that there is one God. The only true living God.

the Scripture says without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin. Good works are fine, but they don't wash away your sin.
Humans are all imperfect. The Bible agrees. The scripture you quote are from imperfect humans. I believe the Bible is devinely inspired but written and interpretted by common imperfect humans.

I am certainly not perfect and will not pretend to be. However, we are to live in this world but not be of this world (2 Corinthians 10:3).

Humans are all imperfect. The Bible agrees. The scripture you quote are from imperfect humans. I believe the Bible is devinely inspired but written and interpretted by common imperfect humans.

I am certainly not perfect and will not pretend to be. However, we are to live in this world but not be of this world (2 Corinthians 10:3).
What's your solution for your sin problem that keeps you separated from God?

What's your solution for your sin problem that keeps you separated from God?
My sin problem does not seperate me from God. Acknowledging and repenting my sins prove my devotion to God and can bring me closer to God. I identify my sins through God. I admit my sins and repent to God. I then correct my sins and live my life closer to the inspiration of God. I feel that is what God wants. Prove your devotion through the way you live your life over words.

My sin problem does not seperate me from God. Acknowledging and repenting my sins prove my devotion to God and can bring me closer to God. I identify my sins through God. I admit my sins and repent to God. I then correct my sins and live my life closer to the inspiration of God. I feel that is what God wants. Prove your devotion through the way you live your life over words.
Yes, sin does separate us from God. If you haven't dealt with your sin problem then you can't be in the presence of God. Scripture says ALL have sinned. You're a sinner if you haven't asked Jesus to save you. Sin is removed by faith in what Jesus did, not by your good works.

Scripture says that there is one God. The only true living God.
Scripture is clear that there is only one God whom we should worship and who is the creator and ruler over His kingdom. However, scripture does show that there are other gods even where God the Father and Jesus Christ dwell.

Psalms 82:1
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Scripture is clear that there is only one God whom we should worship and who is the creator and ruler over His kingdom. However, scripture does show that there are other gods even where God the Father and Jesus Christ dwell.

Psalms 82:1
1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.
Doesn't the psalm later say these gods will die. They can't be like our one eternal God.

Yes, sin does separate us from God. If you haven't dealt with your sin problem then you can't be in the presence of God. Scripture says ALL have sinned. You're a sinner if you haven't asked Jesus to save you. Sin is removed by faith in what Jesus did, not by your good works.
That is your belief, not mine. I feel it if you believe in God you are asking to be saved. Being saved is living a life following the direction of God.
I do not buy that if Hitler, at the time of death, asks to be saved by Jesus, he will go to heaven and someone lives a life following the word of God, a life much closer to the way Jesus lived his life than Hitler, but does not ask "Jesus" specifically to save you, as you feel it should be done, will not go to heaven.

Doesn't the psalm later say these gods will die. They can't be like our one eternal God.
I agree. We, unto whom the word of God has come, will die. But thanks be to our God and Savior we will all be resurrected to live immortally forever and ever. Jesus himself died. Jesus is part of the one true godhead. In many ways we are like God and in many ways we are not. I think the ultimate desire of God is that we become more and more like Him. Jesus taught:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

That is your belief, not mine. I feel it if you believe in God you are asking to be saved. Being saved is living a life following the direction of God.
I do not buy that if Hitler, at the time of death, asks to be saved by Jesus, he will go to heaven and someone lives a life following the word of God, a life much closer to the way Jesus lived his life than Hitler, but does not ask "Jesus" specifically to save you, as you feel it should be done, will not go to heaven.
That's Scripture, not my opinion. God looks at the heart. Jesus said "No one goes to the Father except through me".

Forum List

Back