Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president?

I always assumed he had to deal with a congress of the other party but i just checked and that is false. Democrats had huge majorities in both houses!

During his first two years dems held the senate 61-38 ( 1 indy} and the House 292-143

His next two years it was 58-41 ( 1 indy) and 277-158.

He prolly could have made a lot of changes if he wanted to, but chose not to. I like that. In particular, he didn't start any wars though the bankers and news media tried to push him into a war with the staged Iran hostage crisis of 1979. He was NOT a weak president. He stood up to the war profiteers.

How can you say he didn't accomplish a lot?

He ruined the US economy. That's pretty big achievement.

He pardoned 30,000 scumbag dimocrap criminal cowards who fled the Country rather than defend it.

He lost Iran while stabbing an Ally in the back.

He accomplished a lot.

He killed the B-1 and brought our Military down.

He accomplished a lot. He was a dimocrap. A scumbag.

He weakened the Country, destroyed the economy, neutered our Military, pardoned criminal cowards, lost a major Ally......

In only four years. That's not bad.

I know. I bought a house during his regime. Interest rates on Home Loans was 16%

You could buy it down by paying points..... But it wasn't worth it.

I was going to use the GI Bill but it was still 11% and 3 points up front. But I assumed a GI Bill Loan and got the owner to carry the rest for 5 years until I could re-fi the loan. GI Bill Loans are "Freely Alienable". Or at least they were at that time

Lost my ASS on that fucking house, too.

Carter was a dimocrap, ergo a scumbag.

Iran was never "ours" to lose.

On planet earth, Carter and Obama are rated good. As good as Raygun the Actor, better than Booosh the worst ever...

2ykz62c.jpg

Sorry, but Carter was one of the weakest and most ineffective presidents in U.S. history. Obama, however, will go down as the worst.

Jimmy Carter was well known as an intellectual egghead, I believe his I.Q was thru the roof. I just started a business during his first term, and it was very bad. Carter just couldn't move on any issue. 10 percent unemployment, 22 percent interest rates. Iran kicked him around for a year and a half, 50 hostages being held. He really was just a lousy President. The worst until now.

Look, I agree that Carter was a crappy president, but really? 10% unemployment???

It peaked at 7.8% while he was president -- not much higher than when he became president....

BLS: Unemployment Rate

Sorry, but Carter was one of the weakest and most ineffective presidents in U.S. history. Obama, however, will go down as the worst.

Jimmy Carter was well known as an intellectual egghead, I believe his I.Q was thru the roof. I just started a business during his first term, and it was very bad. Carter just couldn't move on any issue. 10 percent unemployment, 22 percent interest rates. Iran kicked him around for a year and a half, 50 hostages being held. He really was just a lousy President. The worst until now.

obama has pushed Carter up to 3rd worst. That fucking scumbag FDR still holds the record as worst of the worst.

obama has pushed Carter up to 3rd worst. That fucking scumbag FDR still holds the record as worst of the worst.

Your opinion is noted, but in poll after poll after poll, FDR always ranks among the top 3 of all time.

Your opinion is noted, but in poll after poll after poll, FDR always ranks among the top 3 of all time.

Holding that up as 'proof' of anything is a logical fallacy.

What other US President has thrown thousands and thousands (and thousands) of innocent American citizens (among the best, bravest, and most loyal Americans) into concentration camps on US soil?

That's not what he did. Misrepresent much?

That is what he did.

No, it is not.
He said polls consistently rank FDR in the top three. Which they do.
Leaping to make that "proof" of something is your fallacy -- not his.

And I'll assume the answer to my question (now bolded) is affirmative, since you took the trouble to edit it out.

Do you still need some help on that Swahili issue?

I have no "Swahili issue". Millihenry does. Go help him. The blind leading the blind amuses me.

What other US President has thrown thousands and thousands (and thousands) of innocent American citizens (among the best, bravest, and most loyal Americans) into concentration camps on US soil?
Despite doing that, FDR still remains in the top 3 according to polls. But again, your opinion is noted.

No, it is not.

It is. I understand that you don't have a very strong grasp of English, but that is what his statement indicated. Maybe after you've learned a little more it will become clear to you.

Ah, now we're down to "indicated"

Not "down to" anything. Nothing has changed. See, this is how your lack of facility with the English language causes you confusion. I recommend you seek remedial education.

Despite doing that, FDR still remains in the top 3 according to polls. But again, your opinion is noted.

Thanks for highlighting the inherent fallacy in your position, but it wasn't necessary (well, maybe for someone like our 'challenged' poster Pogo there...).

That is what he did.

No, it is not.

It is. I understand that you don't have a very strong grasp of English, but that is what his statement indicated. Maybe after you've learned a little more it will become clear to you.

No, what I said was that he polls among the top 3 despite your opinion that he was the worst. Would you like to see evidence that he polls among the top 3? That`s not a logical fallacy.

Ah, now we're down to "indicated" backpedal backpedal

Not "down to" anything. Nothing has changed. See, this is how your lack of facility with the English language causes you confusion. I recommend you seek remedial education.

"Down to" is perhaps insufficient; let's say 'retreated to'. As that part you (again) edited out of my post... indicates. Must have been inconvenient.

You don't "indicate" a fallacy; you either commit one or you don't. By stretching his point to something he didn't say, you committed one.

Deal with it.

{edit} and with the ad hom above, you've just doubled down on fallacies. You're like Doublemint gum. Only chewier.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back