Why Do Atheist's Hate The Ground Zero Cross ?

I notice every branch of christians think they are the one truly right one. Born agains, Catholics and Mormon's mostly. They're all praying to an imaginary made up fictional character.

All I know is my Bible says Jesus is the only way. If some group says you need their doctrine to be saved then they are off course. Jesus is the Savior, not a sect or denomination.

Don't you ever question how ONE book can rule your life? Who wrote it? ONE book and you are hooked? Got any proof? What's your prayer success rate?

Oh well, I believe in Spiderman. I've read his book...

I understand where you're at. I've been there. The book didn't bring me to Jesus. I surrendered and then the Holy Spirit made the words alive and taught me. Everyone is different.

All I know is my Bible says Jesus is the only way. If some group says you need their doctrine to be saved then they are off course. Jesus is the Savior, not a sect or denomination.

Don't you ever question how ONE book can rule your life? Who wrote it? ONE book and you are hooked? Got any proof? What's your prayer success rate?

Oh well, I believe in Spiderman. I've read his book...

I understand where you're at. I've been there. The book didn't bring me to Jesus. I surrendered and then Holy Spirit made the words alive and taught me. Everyone is different.

Holy Spirits is that a new alcoholic drink? :cuckoo:

More and more people are leaving the churches or they aren't brainwashing their kids with that shit anymore. I'm just trying to fast track religion out of existence or if that's not possible just get religious nuts to start keeping that shit to themselves.

Hopefully one day no one will vote for a Christian the same way today most Americans feel this way about Atheists.

Americans Would Rather Vote For A Philandering, Pot-Smoking President Than An Atheist One

So don't cry like you are a victim when it is us who have to live in a society full of fucking retards just like you. THERE IS NO GOD! You believe a fairy tale stupid.

Wow, you are on a serious mission to convert, little man.:lol: The only thing more obnoxious than someone trying to cram religion down my throat, would be a fucking douche bag like you trying to cram your anti-religion down my throat...you clearly would not have my best interest at heart.:D BTW, how sad for you that your dear leader and his wife believe in a fairy tale, and are brainwashing their children to believe it.:eusa_whistle:

Well who knows if Bush or Obama really believe. Fact is you have to say you believe whether you do or not or you can't get elected and I think that's pretty sad considering the facts that..

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

Huh? I think sexual perverted thoughts. I have stolen and might again in the future if the opportunity presents itself. I dishonor my parents when I do drugs or fuck lose women. So I am a "sinner" just like you. I just don't think there is an invisible man watching me and who's going to send me to hell for all eternity if I don't repent. That's all man made up bullshit. Hitler isn't in hell he's just dead/gone.

Cool. I'm just saying that acknowledging you're a sinner is a Judeo/Christian doctrine. Interesting.

Yea I was born and raised in this society.

And I was a "christian" probably until about a year or two ago. Then I believed in God for about a year but realized all the organized religions are made up and now I realize there is no god.

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

-Robert Green Ingersoll (1833-1899)

Dude, you are seriously invested to this in what almost seems an unhealthy manner. I'm getting the impression that you've experienced some sort of trauma, but that's your business. I have no issue with your beliefs, because we should all be free to explore our own paths...what I am a firm believer in is that you can't force yourself to believe, any more than you can force yourself to unbelieve. Considering your life experiences, you should have the capacity to exhibit a bit more respect for people on both sides, and why you feel motivated to want to forcefully pull other people down your path, is something that would probably require some therapy for you to fully understand. Good luck, man.

Wow, you are on a serious mission to convert, little man.:lol: The only thing more obnoxious than someone trying to cram religion down my throat, would be a fucking douche bag like you trying to cram your anti-religion down my throat...you clearly would not have my best interest at heart.:D BTW, how sad for you that your dear leader and his wife believe in a fairy tale, and are brainwashing their children to believe it.:eusa_whistle:

Well who knows if Bush or Obama really believe. Fact is you have to say you believe whether you do or not or you can't get elected and I think that's pretty sad considering the facts that..

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those others, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artefacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

The motivation for belief in a divine, salvational Jesus breaks down when you accept evolution:

Cool. I'm just saying that acknowledging you're a sinner is a Judeo/Christian doctrine. Interesting.

And I was a "christian" probably until about a year or two ago. Then I believed in God for about a year but realized all the organized religions are made up and now I realize there is no god.

When I became convinced that the universe was natural, that all the ghosts and gods were myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood, the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles turned to dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space.

I was free to think. Free to express my thoughts, free to live in my own ideal. Free to live for myself and those I loved. Free to use all my faculties, all my senses. Free to spread imagination’s wings, free to investigate, to guess, and dream and hope. Free to judge and determine for myself. Free to reject all ignorant and cruel creeds, all the inspired books that savages have produced, and the barbarous legends of the past. Free from sanctified mistakes and “holy” lies. Free from the fear of eternal pain, free from the winged monsters of the night. Free from devils, ghosts and gods. For the first time I was free.

There were no prohibited places in all of the realm of thought. No error, no space where fancy could not spread her painted wings. No chains for my limbs. No lashes for my back. No flames for my flesh. No Master’s frown or threat, no following in another’s steps. No need to bow or cringe or crawl, or utter lying words. I was free; I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds.

My heart was filled with gratitude, with thankfulness, and went out in love to all the heros, the thinkers who gave their lives for liberty of hand and brain, for the freedom of labor and thought to those who fell on the fierce fields of war. To those who died in dungeons, bound in chains, to those by fire consumed, to all the wise, the good, the brave of every land whose thoughts and deeds have given freedom to the sons of men. And then, I vowed to grasp the torch that they held, and hold it high, That light might conquer darkness still.

Dude, you are seriously invested to this in what almost seems an unhealthy manner. I'm getting the impression that you've experienced some sort of trauma, but that's your business. I have no issue with your beliefs, because we should all be free to explore our own paths...what I am a firm believer in is that you can't force yourself to believe, any more than you can force yourself to unbelieve. Considering your life experiences, you should have the capacity to exhibit a bit more respect for people on both sides, and why you feel motivated to want to forcefully pull other people down your path, is something that would probably require some therapy for you to fully understand. Good luck, man.

Until you fucking morons stop thinking this way, my work is not done.

Americans would more likely support a philandering presidential candidate than an atheist one -- by an 18 percent margin -- according to a Pew Research Center poll published Monday.

While 35 percent of respondents said they would be less likely to support a presidential candidate who had an extramarital affair, 53 percent of Americans indicated that not believing in God -- the trait viewed most negatively of the 16 tested -- would make them unsupportive of a candidate.

In accordance with a widely cited study by the University of Minnesota, which found atheists to be the most disliked and distrusted minority group in the nation, only 5 percent of respondents said they would be more likely to vote for a secular candidate.

The Pew survey, which questioned 1,501 adults nationwide from April 23 to 27, also found a significant partisan divide on the issue.

While 70 percent of Republicans and 42 percent of Democrats expressed opposition to an atheist candidate, 49 percent of Democrats viewed a potential candidate’s atheism as irrelevant.

Overall, even fewer Americans, 22 percent, would oppose a presidential candidate who has admitted to marijuana use.

In addition to the 71 percent of Protestants and the 48 percent of Catholics who would be less likely to favor an atheist candidate, almost a quarter of the religiously unaffiliated, 24 percent, indicated they would be more likely to reject an atheist contender.

So don't play the victim card honey. Oh and PS, I come here to talk about this stuff because you can't talk to religious people about this stuff. They'll just get upset and tell you that you are going to go to hell.

So yes, I am PASSIONATE that human's need to let this stuff go. The 999 other religions that came before the ones we have now died so why can't the ones we have now die?

More and more people are leaving the churches or they aren't brainwashing their kids with that shit anymore. I'm just trying to fast track religion out of existence or if that's not possible just get religious nuts to start keeping that shit to themselves.

Hopefully one day no one will vote for a Christian the same way today most Americans feel this way about Atheists.

Americans Would Rather Vote For A Philandering, Pot-Smoking President Than An Atheist One

So don't cry like you are a victim when it is us who have to live in a society full of fucking retards just like you. THERE IS NO GOD! You believe a fairy tale stupid.

The Catholic Church accepts evolution.

I'm just like a new born again. You know how those people run around telling everyone about jesus this and jesus that and they tell everyone that doesn't believe that they are going to hell?

Well all I'm doing is trying to wake people up. There is no evidence of a god. That's the first step in understanding is understanding that you've been told a lie since you were a baby. But you aren't a baby anymore. Time to grow up and stop believing in fairytales.

Anyways, I don't tell people they are going to hell. So compared to Christians, I'm a pussycat.

And soon it will accept abortion, birth control, gays and women preachers. It better change with the times or the gig is up. That's why they selected a liberal pope. The conservative DOGMA Catholics don't like him but he's getting a lot of half christians to come back to the Catholic church. I have heard DOGMA Catholics say they don't want them back but we all know the truth. The church and the collection plates want them back.

Americans would more likely support a philandering presidential candidate than an atheist one -- by an 18 percent margin -- according to a Pew Research Center poll published Monday.

While 35 percent of respondents said they would be less likely to support a presidential candidate who had an extramarital affair, 53 percent of Americans indicated that not believing in God -- the trait viewed most negatively of the 16 tested -- would make them unsupportive of a candidate.

In accordance with a widely cited study by the University of Minnesota, which found atheists to be the most disliked and distrusted minority group in the nation, only 5 percent of respondents said they would be more likely to vote for a secular candidate.

The Pew survey, which questioned 1,501 adults nationwide from April 23 to 27, also found a significant partisan divide on the issue.

While 70 percent of Republicans and 42 percent of Democrats expressed opposition to an atheist candidate, 49 percent of Democrats viewed a potential candidate’s atheism as irrelevant.

Overall, even fewer Americans, 22 percent, would oppose a presidential candidate who has admitted to marijuana use.

In addition to the 71 percent of Protestants and the 48 percent of Catholics who would be less likely to favor an atheist candidate, almost a quarter of the religiously unaffiliated, 24 percent, indicated they would be more likely to reject an atheist contender.

So don't play the victim card honey. Oh and PS, I come here to talk about this stuff because you can't talk to religious people about this stuff. They'll just get upset and tell you that you are going to go to hell.

So yes, I am PASSIONATE that human's need to let this stuff go. The 999 other religions that came before the ones we have now died so why can't the ones we have now die?

Damn, I feel bad that I'm laughing at you...I mean I've just never seen anyone get so fucking hysterical over such silliness. Clearly you take this shit very seriously. Sweetie, I don't need to play the victim card, because I'm secure in my beliefs...now I'm beginning to wonder how secure you are in your beliefs, and all of this huffing and puffing is your way to keep the angels at bay.:eusa_whistle: I'm fucking going to hell for taunting your distraught ass.:lmao:

I can tell you're really really smart. Harvard?

Are you ex military? I hope they send you back to Iraq so you can meet Jesus sooner than later.

You're mentally ill.

But I do hope Jesus comes back and takes all the bible thumpers home like they predict he will soon. This planet is too over populated already so it would be great if that many people just floated away one day. They'd be in heaven and we'd be in heaven on earth with all those Christian assholes gone.

I'm just like a new born again. You know how those people run around telling everyone about jesus this and jesus that and they tell everyone that doesn't believe that they are going to hell?

Well all I'm doing is trying to wake people up. There is no evidence of a god. That's the first step in understanding is understanding that you've been told a lie since you were a baby. But you aren't a baby anymore. Time to grow up and stop believing in fairytales.

Anyways, I don't tell people they are going to hell. So compared to Christians, I'm a pussycat.

Einstein was smarter than both of us and studying the universe was his job. He said he was convinced that the universe was created by an intelligence that dwarfed anything of man's.

And soon it will accept abortion, birth control, gays and women preachers. It better change with the times or the gig is up. That's why they selected a liberal pope. The conservative DOGMA Catholics don't like him but he's getting a lot of half christians to come back to the Catholic church. I have heard DOGMA Catholics say they don't want them back but we all know the truth. The church and the collection plates want them back.

Abortion, nope. the Church doesn't accept the Death Penalty and it will not accept abortion, both end life. Birth control? maybe. Gays are accepted as people, but their behavior is sinful. Women priests (not preachers, if you are going to hate something, at least know about it) maybe, but probably not. Married priests will happen first if ever.

Einstein was smarter than both of us and studying the universe was his job. He said he was convinced that the universe was created by an intelligence that dwarfed anything of man's. Maybe Einstein never really existed. Is that possible?

Damn, I feel bad that I'm laughing at you...I mean I've just never seen anyone get so fucking hysterical over such silliness. Clearly you take this shit very seriously. Sweetie, I don't need to play the victim card, because I'm secure in my beliefs...now I'm beginning to wonder how secure you are in your beliefs, and all of this huffing and puffing is your way to keep the angels at bay.:eusa_whistle: I'm fucking going to hell for taunting your distraught ass.:lmao:

A lot of atheists like Neal Degrass Tyson say they don't have any time or energy to worry about religion. They are too busy with science. I guess eventually, just like born agains all eventually settle down, so will I. I just found NO JESUS about a couple months ago and that is what brought me back to USMB.

I use to talk about politics all the time but then I realized that religion is one of the main ways they have brainwashed Americans and so you have to go to the source of the problem if you want to solve it. You can't rationalize with religious people because they are brainwashed.

You can't convince them that abortion is a necessary evil or that we shouldn't discriminate against gays for example. As Americans and thinking people you think they would get those things but they don't because a made up book about a made up son of god who knocked up a virgin and then he was sacraficed and then came back and will come back again and omg!!! WTF. :cuckoo:

I got to go. It's late. Just know you are all fucking nuts.

Einstein was smarter than both of us and studying the universe was his job. He said he was convinced that the universe was created by an intelligence that dwarfed anything of man's. Maybe Einstein never really existed. Is that possible?

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religious but also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Are you ex military? I hope they send you back to Iraq so you can meet Jesus sooner than later.

You're mentally ill.

But I do hope Jesus comes back and takes all the bible thumpers home like they predict he will soon. This planet is too over populated already so it would be great if that many people just floated away one day. They'd be in heaven and we'd be in heaven on earth with all those Christian assholes gone.
Just out of curiousity, are of of European descent, in whole or in part?

For example, my ancestry is primarily a mix of Irish and German.

Forum List

Back