Why do the God-haters persist?

See you can't have a rational conversation. Us atheists ask that you prove god exists without trying to scare us with hell. You can't, stupid bitch. :eusa_hand:

YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND LIFE THAT PROVES GOD IS, How much more proof does a silly tard need????=== The truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.Romans 1:19-20

Prove God made them.

See you can't have a rational conversation. Us atheists ask that you prove god exists without trying to scare us with hell. You can't, stupid bitch. :eusa_hand:

YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE AND LIFE THAT PROVES GOD IS, How much more proof does a silly tard need????=== The truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.Romans 1:19-20

A particular standard of evidence is required to prove any claim. This ‘standard’ is adjusted depending upon the nature of the claim. Since god’s existence is an extraordinary claim, perhaps the most extraordinary claim, proving it requires equally extraordinary evidence.

The standard of evidence required is more than any personal anecdote, witness testimony, ancient book or reported miracle – none of which can be considered extraordinarily reliable or fear tactics. The human mind is also highly susceptible to being fooled and even fooling itself. One could be suffering from an hallucination or a form of undiagnosed schizophrenia, hysteria or psychosis, ruling out even our own senses as reliable evidence gathering mechanisms in this case. You could be brainwashed. As strange as it sounds, misunderstood aliens might even be attempting to interact with us using extremely advanced technology.

Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof.

God is what it would take to convince an atheist that god exists. I'll live a good life and if I meet him he will reward me for not buying your bullshit story but more than likely, just like the billion years before you were born you don't remember any of it, that is what it will be like for you after you are dead. Deal with it. :eek:

Yes, we currently DO have laws against those things. But virtually every law is based to some degree on a religiously-based moral construct. Once we establish that "religious morality" can't be used to define our laws, then all bets are off. Every one of those things can be rationalized and justified to satisfy our desire for pleasure and indulgence by claiming a "right" to it. It may seem "insane" today, but I'll bet you in 1964, the Civil Rights people had no idea their movement would spark a debate over homosexuals being able to "marry" each other, much less be USED to make that argument! Likewise, I bet those who ruled on Roe v. Wade had no idea their ruling would eventually be used to justify outright infanticide.

You are effectively eroding away the moral foundations of civilization and societal structure. Eventually, this will result in moral decay and collapse of civilization. This isn't a speculation, it's a known fact of history.

We need the future generations to take care of their kids. We also need the next generation not to be as stupid as we were since Reagan to today the rich have taken over our country. Higher wages and a strong working democracy might go a long way. Strenghten public schools and reform prisoners. I could go on and on but why bother with you. The fact is we can raise good people without your lie. You can keep your lie.

Oh yea, but you just teach spirituality and karma. I don't mind that. But religion? Throw it out with the bath water. It's bad.

You have a political opinion. So do I. So does a religious person. We ALL have an equal voice in politics, in determining what our laws are, in establishing and/or maintaining social and cultural morality. You do not have an exclusive right to that.

I disagree with you. I think Reagan was one of our greatest presidents. I don't believe the rich are taking over the country. I don't believe the government should mandate higher wages or meddle in capitalism any more than is necessary to protect the environment and people from abuse. Your opinion is not universal. We don't live in a dictatorship you rule.

I respect your opinion, but you do not get to decide what I can and can't teach my children or what is or isn't stupid. You're really not going to win me over by calling me names and denigrating my intelligence. What you are more likely to do is piss me off. Piss enough of us off and you'll likely get a backlash from the 88% of us who are about sick of you godless minions dictating to us what we're going to accept and cramming it down our throats.

You are very BOLD right now, because the political winds happen to be blowing in your favor a bit, but those things can change quickly. They always have in the past, and they will in the future. When society has had enough of this shit, they will put an end to it. You'll go back to whining and mewling about "the fairness of it all" and become insignificant again.

1. I try to push your buttons. But you know I like you. I'm mostly/usually respectful right? Or at least try to. But I do like pushing your buttons.

2. I don't care what an old fart who's set in his ways and conservative thinks. I know no matter what the GOP do, you'll remain. Many have left the party. But I guess they aren't brainwashed by Fox and Rush as I suspect you are. If not, what do you disagree with them about? Global warming? Taxes on the rich?

Are you rich? If you are, you're voting for the right party. If you are not, you should see the gop don't want you to have ss or medicare, no right to your job, low wages, tax breaks to the rich mean your taxes go up, let companeis pollute. I bet you go along with them on everything. Tell me what you are liberal about. This is exactly the connection I make to people who are gullible and religious are also gullibly voting GOP. You are the perfect example. I don't want to get into politics with you. Reagan was the beginning of the end and Bush finished the job. Bye Bye American middle class. Remember all those union workers for the big three that made every small business in Michigan thrive for 50 years? Those are now $10 walmart jobs. No pensions, ss gonna be shit because they're only making minimum wage and I'm sure they deduct foodstamps from your future ss earnings just like they do unemployment. Anyways, about god and politics, you're a fucking retard trust me. But a nice one. :D

3. No I don't get to decide but we decided a long time ago to take god out of school. Now that I don't believe in god I see why. Before I didn't think it mattered. I understood seperation of church and state. Now I REALLY understand seperation of church and state. Don't you? I suspect you don't. I think you want gods law to be man's law. Is that true? No abortions? Gay sex is illegal? True of fucking false boss? So how are you not a christian? Are you really a christian but pretend not to be? Sort of like a tea bagger or libertarian's pretend they didn't vote for Bush, McCain, Romney??? Fake asses.

The inability of science to investigate or disprove such a hypothesis is not the same as proving it true and neither does it automatically lend credence to any metaphysical or theological argument. If such reasoning were actually permissible then one could claim anything imaginable to be real or true if only because it could not be proven false.

To reiterate a point... Science does not PROVE things. Science proposes a probability of possibility. That's ALL science can do. Any conclusion of proof you've based on science requires faith. Nothing is "proven" except mathematics, and even with math it is subject to question when dealing with physics at the subatomic and quantum level. This is exactly the "reasoning" science approaches everything. There is not an exception from the perception of science. You can BELIEVE there is, but that is FAITH.

Metaphysical, spiritual and theological arguments are outside the scope of science. It cannot evaluate the evidence. Perhaps it will one day be able to do so, but we have no way of knowing at this time. Demanding that something clearly outside the physical be explained by physical science is totally silly and illogical. Furthermore, demanding it must be "proven" is even more ridiculous and absurd. You can't even "prove" physical things with physical science in the physical universe.

Prove God made them.

Prove God didn't!

Yes, we currently DO have laws against those things. But virtually every law is based to some degree on a religiously-based moral construct. Once we establish that "religious morality" can't be used to define our laws, then all bets are off. Every one of those things can be rationalized and justified to satisfy our desire for pleasure and indulgence by claiming a "right" to it. It may seem "insane" today, but I'll bet you in 1964, the Civil Rights people had no idea their movement would spark a debate over homosexuals being able to "marry" each other, much less be USED to make that argument! Likewise, I bet those who ruled on Roe v. Wade had no idea their ruling would eventually be used to justify outright infanticide.

You are effectively eroding away the moral foundations of civilization and societal structure. Eventually, this will result in moral decay and collapse of civilization. This isn't a speculation, it's a known fact of history.

We need the future generations to take care of their kids. We also need the next generation not to be as stupid as we were since Reagan to today the rich have taken over our country. Higher wages and a strong working democracy might go a long way. Strenghten public schools and reform prisoners. I could go on and on but why bother with you. The fact is we can raise good people without your lie. You can keep your lie.

Oh yea, but you just teach spirituality and karma. I don't mind that. But religion? Throw it out with the bath water. It's bad.

I respect your opinion....

Piss enough of us off and you'll likely get a backlash from the 88% of us who are about sick of you godless minions dictating to us what we're going to accept and cramming it down our throats.

When society has had enough of this shit, they will put an end to it. You'll go back to whining and mewling about "the fairness of it all" and become insignificant again.

WOW everyone do you see this? Boss starts off saying he respects our opinions but then look what he goes on to say. I love bringing out the worst/truth in people. :badgrin::eusa_clap:

Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend.

A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death, incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality.

“I’m sorry if my insensitivity towards your beliefs offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. So I guess we’re even.” – Anonymous

Global warming?
Antarctica sets new record for sea ice area | Watts Up With That?

Global sea ice area, as of Sunday morning, stood at 1.005 million square kilometers above average.

The sea ice surrounding Antarctica, set a new record for areal coverage.

You've been sold a myth by charlatans. You believed them because you're an idiot.

Taxes on the rich?

Every top marginal tax increase since Truman has resulted in less tax revenue, when adjusted for inflation. Every top marginal tax decrease has resulted in increased revenue, when adjusted. It would seem to me, if you wanted MORE money to do MORE things, you want to decrease taxes on top marginal incomes. Reagan's tax cuts sparked the longest period of peacetime prosperity in American history.

And here's another thing... Democrats passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote... why didn't they also pass a tax increase on "the rich?" Why didn't they end the Bush Tax Cuts? Here, let me help you with that... they didn't need Republicans, they needed DEMOCRATS!

Prove God made them.

Prove God didn't!

Ok, so you want to know what kind of "MILITANT" atheist I am? A sweet young little 20 year old came in and tried to sell me a dvd about the end times. I asked how much and she said it's strictly a donation. I said sorry I don't have the money. I didn't have the heart to break her heart and tell her there is no god. You know how people are a lot more brutally honest and more mean on the web than they would be in real life? That was it right there. Maybe if she wasn't so cute and young and sweet I might have had the discussion but I didn't have the heart to do it. Instead of the dvd she gave me a little fold out pocket size thing called UNLOCKING REVELATIONS. Besides the DVD they also have seminars coming soon all across Michigan.

I'm not showing up and protesting those brainwashing seminars. But watch if atheists had gatherings, watch the bible thumpers show up in droves.

At this seminar it will tell you

1. How the world will end

2. What role does the USA play? Last night I was watching a guy talk about how Europe is where the beast will come from.

3. Who is the anti christ and what is the mark of the beast?

4. What really happens after death?

5. Are heaven and hell real and what will they look like?

6. How can I find peace and be sure of eternal life?

And you think it is good or healthy that these people are lying to the weak minded and praying on their pocket books? Come on Boss.

Global warming?

Global sea ice area, as of Sunday morning, stood at 1.005 million square kilometers above average.

You've been sold a myth by charlatans. You believed them because you're an idiot.

Taxes on the rich?

Every top marginal tax increase since Truman has resulted in less tax revenue, when adjusted for inflation. Every top marginal tax decrease has resulted in increased revenue, when adjusted. It would seem to me, if you wanted MORE money to do MORE things, you want to decrease taxes on top marginal incomes. Reagan's tax cuts sparked the longest period of peacetime prosperity in American history.

And here's another thing... Democrats passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote... why didn't they also pass a tax increase on "the rich?" Why didn't they end the Bush Tax Cuts? Here, let me help you with that... they didn't need Republicans, they needed DEMOCRATS!

Watts Up With That is a weather and climate commentary site (blog), created in 2006 by California meteorologist Anthony Watts, that reports on anthropogenic global warming-related issues from a skeptical point of view.

OMG Boss look who you are believing! This guy is just like one of those "scientists" the tobacco companies paid to say smoking doesn't cause cancer. He's a right winger! Anti taxes. Of course he denies man caused global warming.

Watts has expressed a skeptical view of anthropogenic CO2-driven global warming, believing the Sun, not man, is the driver of climatic change.

He admits that what most bothers him about scientists and others who claim global warming is serious, is that, "They want to change policy. They want to apply taxes

Watts is a signatory to The Heartland Institute's Manhattan Declaration which calls on world leaders to "reject the views expressed by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change" and abandon "all taxes, regulations, and other interventions intended to reduce emissions of CO2

So he's basically a tea bagger. You are quoting a tea bag scientists. Zero credibility. The rich/corporations pay him to agree or he's a libertarian/tea bagger who really believes the shit he's saying.

Prove God didn't!
Prove Zeus didn't.

Don't have to. I never claimed Zeus did.

The global warming scientist guy you quoted is part of this group schmuck

The Heartland Institute is an American conservative and libertarian public policy think tank based in Chicago,

We all know it is these groups who are lying to ignorant poor and middle class people like you. They don't want to pay for the clean up idiot. What is your reason for going along with their denial?

Oh yea, and if the media were liberal, wouldn't they be letting the people know?

This is why the GOP got Clinton to deregulate the media so they could buy it up. Now that they own it all they can deny global warming, lie us into wars, rig/steal elections, hell do whatever we want. We'll give them gay marriage and they'll think the media is liberal. And meanwhile not one Wallstreet or Mortgage Giant CEO went to prison for causing the crash of 2007. Oh yea, you don't believe they did crash the market because the media never told you. Same as it's not telling you that global warming is a fact and god is a lie.

Prove Zeus didn't.

You never claimed that he didn't either. By your logic that means you did.

Prove Zeus didn't.

Fine I don't have to prove a negative you have to prove a positive.

I don't have to prove anything I didn't claim. I don't know what Zeus might be responsible for or if Zeus ever existed. It's not my argument. You'll need to find someone who believes in Zeus to get those answers, I can't help you.

Yes, if you want to claim something does not exist, you need to prove it. Otherwise, we can only say you have FAITH it doesn't exist... negative, positive, doesn't matter.

I don't belive in fairies. Can you imagine someone calling me a fairy-hater because of that. Yes, it sounds ridiculous.

Pay attention Boss.

If you had argued for months, logging nearly 5,000 posts on a message board against fairies, I would say you were a fairy-hater.

Global warming?

Taxes on the rich?

Watts Up With That is a weather and climate commentary site (blog), created in 2006 by California meteorologist Anthony Watts, that reports on anthropogenic global warming-related issues from a skeptical point of view.

OMG Boss look who you are believing! This guy is just like one of those "scientists" the tobacco companies paid to say smoking doesn't cause cancer. He's a right winger! Anti taxes. Of course he denies man caused global warming.

Watts has expressed a skeptical view of anthropogenic CO2-driven global warming, believing the Sun, not man, is the driver of climatic change.

He admits that what most bothers him about scientists and others who claim global warming is serious, is that, "They want to change policy. They want to apply taxes

Watts is a signatory to The Heartland Institute's Manhattan Declaration which calls on world leaders to "reject the views expressed by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change" and abandon "all taxes, regulations, and other interventions intended to reduce emissions of CO2

So he's basically a tea bagger. You are quoting a tea bag scientists. Zero credibility. The rich/corporations pay him to agree or he's a libertarian/tea bagger who really believes the shit he's saying.

The new record anomaly for Southern Hemisphere sea ice, the ice encircling the southernmost continent, is 2.074 million square kilometers and was posted for the first time by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign’s The Cryosphere Today early Sunday morning.

So... University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a Tea Party outfit??? :rofl:

That's a good one, silly boob!

You never claimed that he didn't either. By your logic that means you did.

Fine I don't have to prove a negative you have to prove a positive.

I don't have to prove anything I didn't claim. I don't know what Zeus might be responsible for or if Zeus ever existed. It's not my argument. You'll need to find someone who believes in Zeus to get those answers, I can't help you.

Yes, if you want to claim something does not exist, you need to prove it. Otherwise, we can only say you have FAITH it doesn't exist... negative, positive, doesn't matter.

God you are a stubborn

Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.

Making unfalsifiable claims is a way to leave the realm of rational discourse, since unfalsifiable claims are often faith-based, and not founded on evidence and reason.

Example #1:

I have tiny, invisible unicorns living in my anus. Unfortunately, these cannot be detected by any kind of scientific equipment.

Explanation: While it may actually be a fact that tiny, invisible, mythological creatures are occupying this person’s opening at the lower end of the alimentary canal, it is a theory that is constructed so it cannot be falsified in any way; therefore, should not be seriously considered without significant evidence.

Forum List

Back