Why do you think it's taken over 2,000 years for Jesus to return?

The vast majority of religions have failed over time, and we have every reason to believe all “modern” new fangled religions will eventually fail as well. There is no reason to believe Jesus or Al Mahdi or Zeus will ever come back and as the years roll onward and they don't return, religions will fall further and further out of favor, just like the promises of Mithras are now dust.

True.

The consequence of religion and ‘god’ being creations of man.

◄ 2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. CONFESS AND REPENT NOW!!!

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Ah oh!!

To anyone not already indoctrinated into Christianity reading the above passage it is crystal clear that according to the Bible Jesus was supposed to return in the first century of the Christian Era. That has not happened. Yet the Christian religion persists with the majority of its adherents still awaiting the return of their savior. :eusa_whistle:

Except John the Beloved never died.

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Ah oh!!

To anyone not already indoctrinated into Christianity reading the above passage it is crystal clear that according to the Bible Jesus was supposed to return in the first century of the Christian Era. That has not happened. Yet the Christian religion persists with the majority of its adherents still awaiting the return of their savior. :eusa_whistle:

Well so much for any intelligent conversation

Ah oh!!

Well so much for any intelligent conversation

READ ON little guy matthew 17:1-5=== Six days later Jesus took Peter, James, and his brother John to the top of a high and lonely hill, 2 and as they watched, his appearance changed so that his face shone like the sun and his clothing became dazzling white.

3 Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared and were talking with him. 4 Peter blurted out, “Sir, it’s wonderful that we can be here! If you want me to, I’ll make three shelters, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.”

5 But even as he said it, a bright cloud came over them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, and I am wonderfully pleased with him. Obey him.”[

What if God thinks some of the Bible is wrong?

GOD SAY EVERYWORD OF THE BIBLE IS INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) the Bible is GOD'S eternal living word!!!====In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend john 21:1-5

GOD SAY EVERYWORD OF THE BIBLE IS INSPIRED(GOD BREATHED) the Bible is GOD'S eternal living word!!!====In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend john 21:1-5

Well I am here to say that is not true and God told me so. How can that be?

YES!!! SATAN IS A LIAR and the father of liars and fools!!!and you???

YES!!! SATAN IS A LIAR and the father of liars and fools!!!and you???

Did God tell you that or did you read it in a Book?

After giving this LOTS of thought, perhaps he has the usual bad high definition reception problem the rest of us mortals have. I cant' quite pick Jesus up in My area. I scan and rescan, but nuttin'. no signal.

After giving this LOTS of thought, perhaps he has the usual bad high definition reception problem the rest of us mortals have. I cant' quite pick Jesus up in My area. I scan and rescan, but nuttin'. no signal.

It's a frequency thing.

Forum List

Back