Why does anybody think concealed carry is a good idea?

Not yet but I can't say the same for 32,000 other Americans. Year after year after year. Your argument is subjective, which means it isn't an argument.

Most of those 32,000 would be dead by other means, as they were targets of gang activity, drug deals, etc. and not accidental victims, so be a bit more accurate instead of using artificially inflammatory numbers. The point remains that you are fearing something the MIGHT happen, not something that has happened. Let's use the same logic pro-aborts use. If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.

Most of the 32,000 killed themselves. In order to get the 32,000 figure, they have to include the over 20,000 suicides who used a gun.
Yep, most of whom would likely still be alive without the guns, not to mention the number of people who buy a gun just to kill themselves.

That's a factually incorrect, not to say stupid, statement. A person who wants to commit suicide can and will do so with or without a gun. You've stopped trying, haven't you?
If you looked into you would discover that suicide by gun is the least thought out, most spur of the moment version of suicide. The rest take planning and effort while the gun does not. The gun just kills, the only reason it exists.

How do you know it is the least planned and least thought out? You mentioned people buying a gun to commit suicide. That requires some planning. Does hanging require more? Overdosing on meds requires more planning? Driving your car off a cliff or into a wall at a high speed requires planning?

Did you use a Ouija board to find out if the people who committed suicide with a gun gave it much thought?

Murder at Wal-Mart

One of our CSM's got murdered / shot in the head in the store on a busy Sat afternoon.(Many familes and children were present). Management knew she was being stalked and her ex boyfriend had threatened to kill her several times.

They were informed each and every time he came in the store. Brilliant management moved the money podium, BECAUSE OF A MEMO, away from the front of the store, where she could see 180 DEGREEES around her, with her back to the wall, to the middle of the friggin candy /softline main aisle , exposing her 360 , so she was looking at back end of the customers and checkouts.

Her stalker was hiding amoung all the clothing racks.

Walmart has the murder on video.

WalmartSucks.org Murder at Wal-Mart

And none of them have harmed you in any way, have they?
Not yet but I can't say the same for 32,000 other Americans. Year after year after year. Your argument is subjective, which means it isn't an argument.

Most of those 32,000 would be dead by other means, as they were targets of gang activity, drug deals, etc. and not accidental victims, so be a bit more accurate instead of using artificially inflammatory numbers. The point remains that you are fearing something the MIGHT happen, not something that has happened. Let's use the same logic pro-aborts use. If you don't want a gun, don't buy one.

Most of the 32,000 killed themselves. In order to get the 32,000 figure, they have to include the over 20,000 suicides who used a gun.
Yep, most of whom would likely still be alive without the guns, not to mention the number of people who buy a gun just to kill themselves.

Absolute bullshit that you think that statement is based on facts.

You have only to look at Australia. They passed very strict gun regulations and their suicide rates did not drop. In fact, they rose and then dropped back to rates slightly higher than before the regulations were passed.
"Suicide rates in Australia peaked in 1963 (17.5 per 100,000), declining to 11.3 per 100,000 in 1984, and climbing back to 14.6 in 1997. Rates have been lower than this since that year. The age-standardised suicide rate for persons in 2012 was 11.2 per 100,000. - See more at: Mindframe"

The new gun laws took effect in late 1996 but,

"n 1991 there were 629 firearm related deaths in Australia compared to 333 in 2001. This represents a 47 per cent decrease in firearms deaths between 1991 and 2001. The incidence of both firearms suicides and firearms homicides almost halved over the 11 year period. While the number of firearms homicides has continued to decline, with 2001 recording the lowest number of firearms homicides during this period (n=47), the number of firearms suicides declined consistently from 1991 to 1998, but has since fluctuated. The number of firearm related accidents also fluctuated over the same period, from 29 firearms accidents in 1991 to 18 in 2001, but ranging between 15 and 45 over this time. While the numbers are quite small, the year 2000 recorded the highest number of firearms accidents (45 accidents) during the 11 year period.72]"

Jeez. Wal-Mart is a fucking death trap.

Woman Kills Three For Last X-Box at Chicago Wal-Mart

Woman Kills Three For Last X-Box at Chicago Wal-Mart - The Daily Currant
I see that satire goes beyond you:

"Of course I'd do it all over again," Robbins proclaimed from a Cook County jail cell. "My little Dustin is going to have an X-Box for Christmas this year. No one can take that away from him. Not even the police.

"Shopping isn't a hobby for me, it's a war. So I have to spend a little time behind bars. So what? I didn't punk out. I fought hard for my family, and I'm proud of that."

I didn't know you were two young black men. Tell me, would you have risked your life, and that of those with you, by playing John Wayne and dealing with the fact that they were now going to be shooting at you? Isn't this whole argument I carry a gun to protect me and mine, not others?
If I had me or mine with me, you bet I would.

So I guess you're only for the government allowing young black men to own guns for self-defense now?

You have only to look at Australia. They passed very strict gun regulations and their suicide rates did not drop. In fact, they rose and then dropped back to rates slightly higher than before the regulations were passed.
"Suicide rates in Australia peaked in 1963 (17.5 per 100,000), declining to 11.3 per 100,000 in 1984, and climbing back to 14.6 in 1997. Rates have been lower than this since that year. The age-standardised suicide rate for persons in 2012 was 11.2 per 100,000. - See more at: Mindframe"

"n 1991 there were 629 firearm related deaths in Australia compared to 333 in 2001. This represents a 47 per cent decrease in firearms deaths between 1991 and 2001. The incidence of both firearms suicides and firearms homicides almost halved over the 11 year period. While the number of firearms homicides has continued to decline, with 2001 recording the lowest number of firearms homicides during this period (n=47), the number of firearms suicides declined consistently from 1991 to 1998, but has since fluctuated. The number of firearm related accidents also fluctuated over the same period, from 29 firearms accidents in 1991 to 18 in 2001, but ranging between 15 and 45 over this time. While the numbers are quite small, the year 2000 recorded the highest number of firearms accidents (45 accidents) during the 11 year period.72]"

The regulations were passed in 1996, and yet they had their highest rate of suicide in 1997. How does that support regulating guns will regulate suicides?

And yes, the number of firearm related suicides dropped when guns were removed from a large portion of the population. But the suicide rates did not drop significantly immediately, as they would if your claims were true.

"Of course I'd do it all over again," Robbins proclaimed from a Cook County jail cell. "My little Dustin is going to have an X-Box for Christmas this year. No one can take that away from him. Not even the police.

"Shopping isn't a hobby for me, it's a war. So I have to spend a little time behind bars. So what? I didn't punk out. I fought hard for my family, and I'm proud of that."
gtfo

VIDEO: Knife-wielding suspect grabs 2-year-old hostage in Oklahoma Walmart
Sammie Wallace, 37, took a young girl hostage June 17, Midwest City police said.

Video shows deadly hostage situation at Okla. Walmart - NY Daily News

I didn't know you were two young black men. Tell me, would you have risked your life, and that of those with you, by playing John Wayne and dealing with the fact that they were now going to be shooting at you? Isn't this whole argument I carry a gun to protect me and mine, not others?

So I guess you're only for the government allowing young black men to own guns for self-defense now?
So you're going to pull out your gun to save people you don't even know while the shooters shoot back at your "me and mine"? Yes, you do live in a western movie but reality is quite different.

The regulations were passed in 1996, and yet they had their highest rate of suicide in 1997. How does that support regulating guns will regulate suicides?

And yes, the number of firearm related suicides dropped when guns were removed from a large portion of the population. But the suicide rates did not drop significantly immediately, as they would if your claims were true.
Rome wasn't built in a day and you are grasping at straws while missing the logic. Their rates of suicide are down, way down by guns. That is the same thing I want and you don't.

So you're going to pull out your gun to save people you don't even know while the shooters shoot back at your "me and mine"? Yes, you do live in a western movie but reality is quite different.
In your reality nothing bad could ever happen at Wal-Mart. :)

Now you see why that young woman needed to risk, and pay with, her own life just for a simple trip to Wal-Mart.

Rome wasn't built in a day and you are grasping at straws while missing the logic. Their rates of suicide are down, way down by guns. That is the same thing I want and you don't.
Your logic is twisted. You claim fewer guns means fewer suicides. Not true.

gtfo

VIDEO: Knife-wielding suspect grabs 2-year-old hostage in Oklahoma Walmart
Sammie Wallace, 37, took a young girl hostage June 17, Midwest City police said.

Video shows deadly hostage situation at Okla. Walmart - NY Daily News
And who resolved the situation, the mother with a gun? Oh, the Police took care of it. Silly me, I mean you.

In your reality nothing bad could ever happen at Wal-Mart. :)
Nope, but there's no reason a women with four kids in tow needs a gun there, and there never will be.

Forum List

Back