Why does anybody think concealed carry is a good idea?

Right, it's your BELIEF that suicides would drop with fewer guns, just like it's your BELIEF that no one has any reason to carry a gun, and it's your BELIEF that removing guns will reduce violence overall. Facts dispute those beliefs.
No, they don't, we just haven't done what other nations wiser than us have. It's long past time for the US to grow up. The wild west is long dead, along with 32,000 other Americans from guns each year.

Can you demonstrate that countries with strict gun laws have fewer suicides per capita?
Yes, if you mean by guns. And suicides overall all seem to drop as well. Handguns are suicide machines and way too easy to use on the spur of the moment.

It's common sense if you had any. When you make something harder you get less of it.

I said demonstrate. That means that you need to post certified suicide rates from each of the countries and compare them to the United States. You claim that you believe getting rid of guns lowers suicide rates. Prove it. Simply reiterating your beliefs doesn't cut it.
The numbers are out there. Educate yourself. That's not my job.

It is, however, your job to prove your point. If you can't/won't find statistics to back up your assertion, it remains an unsupported belief, contradicted by fact.

No, they don't, we just haven't done what other nations wiser than us have. It's long past time for the US to grow up. The wild west is long dead, along with 32,000 other Americans from guns each year.

Can you demonstrate that countries with strict gun laws have fewer suicides per capita?
Yes, if you mean by guns. And suicides overall all seem to drop as well. Handguns are suicide machines and way too easy to use on the spur of the moment.

It's common sense if you had any. When you make something harder you get less of it.

I said demonstrate. That means that you need to post certified suicide rates from each of the countries and compare them to the United States. You claim that you believe getting rid of guns lowers suicide rates. Prove it. Simply reiterating your beliefs doesn't cut it.

It is, however, your job to prove your point. If you can't/won't find statistics to back up your assertion, it remains an unsupported belief, contradicted by fact.
It means I'm busy asswipe. Do it yourself.

Guns, especially handguns, are suicide machines and the most likely person to die by your gun, is you, 6 out of 10 times not including accidents.

If you have suicide tendencies then that may be true. If you are irresponsible you may have an accident. It is called the Darwin Effect. A stupid person with a gun (just like one without a gun) is still, well stupid.

None of that is justification for taking away the Constitutional rights of Americans to keep and bear arms.

Don't you have anything better to do than scheme ways to take Constitutional rights away from Americans? Why is it that you Libtards hate freedom so much?

There are about 300,000,000 firearms in the US. If you subtract the suicides and the number of shooting due to drug and gang violence (that won't change with any law) the actual number of firearms related deaths is not that high. Certainly not high enough to warrant the abolishment of a Constitutional right for public safety reasons.

If you were concerned about unnecessary deaths then why do you support infanticide on demand that kills about a million American children each year? Are you a hypocrite or just simply confused?

There are under 1000 accidental deaths a year...under 100 of them are children....again in a country of over 310 million people.......I don't even know if that number shows up on a calculator.....

We lose more people every year to deaths on the highway, deaths that could easily be avoided if we simply cut the maximum speed any vehicle can travel to 35 mph. Yet, we gladly accept tens of thousands of deaths every year just so we can drive fast. In fact, we glorify and sensationalize high speed driving. Interesting, no?
Americans are a stupid people, and I know the numbers.

I know of no industrialized nation with strong anti-gun laws that restrict vehicles to such a safe and low speed. Sounds a bit hypocritical to wax indignant over deaths by one method while remaining uncaring about others.

You're not very busy if you're posting on here. Your assertion is null and void.

Guns, especially handguns, are suicide machines and the most likely person to die by your gun, is you, 6 out of 10 times not including accidents.

If you have suicide tendencies then that may be true. If you are irresponsible you may have an accident. It is called the Darwin Effect. A stupid person with a gun (just like one without a gun) is still, well stupid.

None of that is justification for taking away the Constitutional rights of Americans to keep and bear arms.

Don't you have anything better to do than scheme ways to take Constitutional rights away from Americans? Why is it that you Libtards hate freedom so much?

There are about 300,000,000 firearms in the US. If you subtract the suicides and the number of shooting due to drug and gang violence (that won't change with any law) the actual number of firearms related deaths is not that high. Certainly not high enough to warrant the abolishment of a Constitutional right for public safety reasons.

If you were concerned about unnecessary deaths then why do you support infanticide on demand that kills about a million American children each year? Are you a hypocrite or just simply confused?

There are under 1000 accidental deaths a year...under 100 of them are children....again in a country of over 310 million people.......I don't even know if that number shows up on a calculator.....

We lose more people every year to deaths on the highway, deaths that could easily be avoided if we simply cut the maximum speed any vehicle can travel to 35 mph. Yet, we gladly accept tens of thousands of deaths every year just so we can drive fast. In fact, we glorify and sensationalize high speed driving. Interesting, no?

I know of no industrialized nation with strong anti-gun laws that restrict vehicles to such a safe and low speed. Sounds a bit hypocritical to wax indignant over deaths by one method while remaining uncaring about others.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's you who doesn't care about people dying, as long as you get to keep your deadly toys.

You're not very busy if you're posting on here. Your assertion is null and void.
No, it isn't dumbass. Now go play, you bore me.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's you who doesn't care about people dying, as long as you get to keep your deadly toys.

Hardly. I don't own a gun. Try again. I notice that, since you have been painted into a corner and can't prove your assertion, you've resorted to meaningless and infantile insults.

Null and void. The further you carry this without backing up your assertion, the more ridiculous you look.

Null and void. The further you carry this without backing up your assertion, the more ridiculous you look.
What a whiny little pussy you are. Here asswipe, read it and weep: Did gun control work in Australia - The Washington Post

Busy my ass, lol. You have been here less than a year and posted 12k times. You are not busy - you just don't want to face the reality that the statistics prove your statements are utterly false.

Its okay though - there are a lot of other posters right along side you that cant handle the truth when it gets in the way of ideology.

Consider the source. I shudder to think what he's busy with

Busy my ass, lol. You have been here less than a year and posted 12k times. You are not busy - you just don't want to face the reality that the statistics prove your statements are utterly false.

Its okay though - there are a lot of other posters right along side you that cant handle the truth when it gets in the way of ideology.
It's numbers and common sense asshole. Your ideology is why you can't handle either.

What a whiny little pussy you are. Here asswipe, read it and weep: Did gun control work in Australia - The Washington Post
the direct data disagrees with the assertions of that paper though.

When you mess with the data you can make it say anything you want. Mess with it by, say, taking large amounts of time and covering up the fact that there was almost no change at all in homicide rates from 96 (when the law was passed) and 03. Why, if the law was affective at all, did it take 7 years to see ANY GAINS?

Why are the homicide rates going down being attributed to a law that passed 7 years before it started to occur?

fig012.png

Its also noteworthy that the overall incidents have been on a downward trend for a long time - both before and after the law passed. Looking at the raw data shows that the law itself likely had zero impact on the actual number of incidents in general. There is no real drop after the law passed or change in direction from before the law passed.

homiciderate2.png

Using raw data instead of allowing Washington Post authors do your thinking for you will show much more information.
Australian Institute of Criminology - Homicide statistics

It's numbers and common sense asshole. Your ideology is why you can't handle either.
Except you brought neither. Instead you brought us the ideas of someone else - someone from the Washington Post. Above, I gave you ACTUAL numbers.

'News' is no longer news. Its entertainment. Get your data from the SOURCE and you will be much better off than letting someone else tell you what it means.

Right, it's your BELIEF that suicides would drop with fewer guns, just like it's your BELIEF that no one has any reason to carry a gun, and it's your BELIEF that removing guns will reduce violence overall. Facts dispute those beliefs.

Except in all the countries with higher suicide rates than ours with stricter, almost total, gun control....Japan, China, Russia, France.......we are well down the list for suicides....and the Australian rate stayed the same after their gun buy back......

Suicide has no bearing on this issue....you anti gun nuts need it, however to lie about the actual number of gun deaths....without adding suicides, you only have 8-9,000 gun murders a year and 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year..........hard to make a valid case in a country of over 310 million people with over 310 million guns in private hands......the number won't even be readable on a calculator.....

But you need suicides to hide the actual low number.......and you need mass shootings so you have dead bodies to drag in front of cameras........especially school shootings....those really help your cause......

And more to the point in Australia.........they have guns their.....criminals and immigrants can get guns....as per the latest coffee shop event......so the only reason they haven't had more mass shootings is that no one has decided to do it.......yet......and when they do finally decide to shoot instead of taking hostages...as in the coffee shop incident.....then the killer won't be stopped until the police get their....and in Norway...he killed over 70 people before the police got there.......the same thing with the killer in South Korea...

Disarm the people, and they are just easy targets for killers.....

Bottom line, we can do away with the ridiculous assertion that eliminating guns reduces suicide rates. It just doesn't.

Bottom line, we can do away with the ridiculous assertion that eliminating guns reduces suicide rates. It just doesn't.
Yes, it does you fucking moron. See ya, got things to do that matter, unlike you.

Since you won't/can't provide anything to back it up, and continue to post, I find it hard to believe either of those statements.

Forum List

Back