Why does the United States have the largest prison population in the world ?

Because there is a culture of entitlement and a lack of respect for the law, and the enforcement thereof.
With Uncle Sam constantly breaking international laws as their mentor, who can blame them ?

Uncle Sam is not their mentor. The guy who walks around with a roll of 100 dollar bills because he's a pusher is their mentor. The guy singing the rap song about killing cops is their mentor. The guy dressed like a 50's movie star who pimps girls is their mentor.
It was an analogy to "culture of entitlement", with neocons like Mnuchin, Pence, Pompeo and Bolton in the White House going around placing sanctions on everyone who looks cross-eyed at them, and bombing the ones who flip them off. Look at Venezuela right now ...who are we to wreck their economy with decades of sanctions then tell them who their president is ? A man 80% of them never heard of....it's a joke. The US is looked at as the biggest terrorist on the planet. We don't need a wall...people will be afraid to come here soon anyway.

Now that's a great idea. Currently, over 80,000 (mostly young) Americans die from overdoses in the US a year. That's not including the ones who barely escaped death and were rescued. This costs taxpayers a lot of money. Now if we legalized recreational narcotics, perhaps we can get that death toll to 200,000, 400,000, maybe three million a year.

Now that's what I call progress.........until it's your own family member that becomes part of those statistics.

You think that everyone who doesn't do drugs now will start doing them if drugs are decriminalized?

The evidence disagrees

Want to Win the War on Drugs? Portugal Might Have the Answer
Portugal is definitely on the right track.
I disagree with legalizing all drugs like heroin and meth, but decriminalizing them and providing more treatment alternatives would be a huge step forward from the dark ages we're currently in. It's already happening gradually with cannabis - that's a start- better late than never.

Who Are The Top 5 Lobby Groups Fighting Legal Cannabis?

Quitting pot is one thing. I quit pot. But dangerous opioid products are a different story.

My cousin buried her 28 year old son a few years ago; been hooked since he was 15. I ran into her and her husband at the grocery store not long after. Neither of them will ever be right again.

They tried everything. They let him stay in jail instead of bailing him out, they put him in rehab a few times, they supported him repeatedly during his adult life, and all he did was steal from them.

The only real solution to this for most people is to not let them get hooked in the first place. That would take an all out assault on the drug pushers inside and outside this country. We would need troops in south-central America. We would have to bomb and kill cartels like they were going out of style. We need more trained dogs at post offices around the country because that's how much of our Fentanyl from China gets here.

It isn't a problem of doing too much, it's a problem of not doing enough.

Because there is a culture of entitlement and a lack of respect for the law, and the enforcement thereof.
With Uncle Sam constantly breaking international laws as their mentor, who can blame them ?

Uncle Sam is not their mentor. The guy who walks around with a roll of 100 dollar bills because he's a pusher is their mentor. The guy singing the rap song about killing cops is their mentor. The guy dressed like a 50's movie star who pimps girls is their mentor.
It was an analogy to "culture of entitlement", with neocons like Mnuchin, Pence, Pompeo and Bolton in the White House going around placing sanctions on everyone who looks cross-eyed at them, and bombing the ones who flip them off. Look at Venezuela right now ...who are we to wreck their economy with decades of sanctions then tell them who their president is ? A man 80% of them never heard of....it's a joke. The US is looked at as the biggest terrorist on the planet. We don't need a wall...people will be afraid to come here soon anyway.

Right, we don't need a wall.

Most heroin in U.S. now comes across Mexican border, Rob Portman says

We need more trained dogs at post offices around the country because that's how much of our Fentanyl from China gets here.

I'm pretty sure if it's coming by mail that they've already fooled the canines.
But I happen to know tons of it come in uninspected cargo containers.
729.jpg

We need more trained dogs at post offices around the country because that's how much of our Fentanyl from China gets here.

View attachment 253659

How is that possible? The government in charge of inspections, right? And you left-wingers believe government can fix everything, so what's the problem?

View attachment 253659

How many dogs have you ever seen at your post office?

Dogs are expensive and that's why some police forces don't have them. They are only good for eight to ten years, and then have to be retired and replaced.

As for freight, well that's right up my alley. Overseas freight has layers of security involved before it gets to it's final destination. I can't say that it doesn't happen, but the chances of getting busted that way is a lot bigger risk than other ways.

When I drop freight off at the airport, none of it moves off the dock until the dog gives it clearance. Same when freight comes in. I have to take a special class to be permitted by the government to drop off that freight, and of course, they run my name through every security source available through our government.

It’s no secret that the U.S. incarcerates a shocking number of swaths of its own people, primarily the poor and people of color. With 2.3 million Americans currently being held in prisons, the country has the largest prison population in the world. But even as awareness of mass incarceration grows, two crucial questions remain at the heart of the debate on prison reform: Why does the U.S. imprison so many people, and how do we change our toxic approach? These are the issues Tony Platt, author of “Beyond These Walls: Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States,” and Truthdig Editor in Chief Robert Scheer discuss in the latest installment of “Scheer Intelligence.”

(snip)....There’s a tendency these days for people to say the United States proportionally incarcerates more people than any other country in the world. I don’t know if that’s true. I just don’t think we know what the real situation is in China and Russia, which are the big competitors in incarceration. I think the U.S. is in the ballpark; I think the U.S. is close. When you compare the U.S. with Canada or Australia or New Zealand, or France and England, then there’s no contest. There’s no other country that’s comparable to the United States in terms of its political economy that puts as many people away, that hires as many cops, and invests as much money in repression as this country does.

CONTINUED---https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-liberal-betrayal-of-americas-most-vulnerable/

If every American had to do 30 days to get a taste of what it's like inside, we would put an end to this mass incarceration real fast. You don't realize how bad it is until it happens to someone close to you. Out of sight- out of mind....2.3 million forgotten souls living in hell.

The simple answer is because we have the weakest boarders and more democrats than any other country in the world.:21:

Don't forget the profit motive...

"Arizona’s contractually obligated promise to fill prison beds is a common provision in a majority of America’s private prison contracts, according to a public records analysis released today by the advocacy group In the Public Interest. The group reviewed more than 60 contracts between private prison companies and state and local governments across the country, and found language mentioning quotas for prisoners in nearly two-thirds of those analyzed.

The prison bed guarantees range between minimums of 70 percent occupancy in a California prison to 100 percent occupancy requirements at some Arizona prisons. Most of the contracts had language mandating that at least 90 percent of prison beds be filled.

Experts argue that such requirements create an incentive for policymakers to focus on filling empty prison beds, as opposed to pursuing long-term policy changes, such as sentencing reform, that could significantly reduce prison populations. In short, many states are effectively obligated to continue to incarcerate people regardless of crime rates and public safety needs, or otherwise hand over taxpayer dollars in order to satisfy private profit-making companies."

Prison Quotas Push Lawmakers To Fill Beds, Derail Reform | HuffPost

View attachment 253659

Dogs are expensive and that's why some police forces don't have them. They are only good for eight to ten years, and then have to be retired and replaced.

As for freight, well that's right up my alley. Overseas freight has layers of security involved before it gets to it's final destination. I can't say that it doesn't happen, but the chances of getting busted that way is a lot bigger risk than other ways.

When I drop freight off at the airport, none of it moves off the dock until the dog gives it clearance. Same when freight comes in. I have to take a special class to be permitted by the government to drop off that freight, and of course, they run my name through every security source available through our government.
International mail goes through US Customs inspection hubs, unless I'm mistaken.
But not all those cargo containers. It would be impossible logistically to search every one, even if they tried.

It’s no secret that the U.S. incarcerates a shocking number of swaths of its own people, primarily the poor and people of color. With 2.3 million Americans currently being held in prisons, the country has the largest prison population in the world. But even as awareness of mass incarceration grows, two crucial questions remain at the heart of the debate on prison reform: Why does the U.S. imprison so many people, and how do we change our toxic approach? These are the issues Tony Platt, author of “Beyond These Walls: Rethinking Crime and Punishment in the United States,” and Truthdig Editor in Chief Robert Scheer discuss in the latest installment of “Scheer Intelligence.”

(snip)....There’s a tendency these days for people to say the United States proportionally incarcerates more people than any other country in the world. I don’t know if that’s true. I just don’t think we know what the real situation is in China and Russia, which are the big competitors in incarceration. I think the U.S. is in the ballpark; I think the U.S. is close. When you compare the U.S. with Canada or Australia or New Zealand, or France and England, then there’s no contest. There’s no other country that’s comparable to the United States in terms of its political economy that puts as many people away, that hires as many cops, and invests as much money in repression as this country does.

CONTINUED---https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-liberal-betrayal-of-americas-most-vulnerable/

If every American had to do 30 days to get a taste of what it's like inside, we would put an end to this mass incarceration real fast. You don't realize how bad it is until it happens to someone close to you. Out of sight- out of mind....2.3 million forgotten souls living in hell.

Because crime is tolerated and pushed by the left.......God forbid prisoners have a shitty life in prison..

Because crime is tolerated and pushed by the left.......God forbid prisoners have a shitty life in prison..
Sounds a little like racial stereotyping , considering the ratio of minorities to whites inside and associating them with the 'left' or Democrats.

View attachment 253659

International mail goes through US Customs inspection hubs, unless I'm mistaken.
But not all those cargo containers. It would be impossible logistically to search every one, even if they tried.

Perhaps, but you are wrong in saying they don't go through customs.

When containers come in, in most cases, they go to warehouses across the US. They are brought in by boat, unloaded, then reloaded onto a truck that drives the container to a warehouse. From there, the contents are unloaded, counted, palletized, and then a local truck picks up the freight from that point and takes it to it's final destination.

I've yet to know of (or delivered myself) to a private home. They go to other businesses across the US. Each package has to be unloaded off the container by hand because they don't ship palletized fright. Pallets take up room, so they are hand loaded and hand unloaded.

When you hear of drug busts, how many of them are from containers?

Because, you dumb OP, America has 40 million black crybaby savages who statistically commit more crime than all other races in America put together! Black crybabies are the only race who not only destroy every neighborhood they infest, they make American neighborhoods look like war zones from a WWII movie.

Uh..who are WE to wreck their economy?

We didn't wreck their economy. Their communist government wrecked their economy. As they wreck every economy. The commie utopia eliminates money altogether from the masses they enslave.

5l08hy28rll21.png

Because, you dumb OP, America has 40 million black crybaby savages who statistically commit more crime than all other races in America put together! Black crybabies are the only race who not only destroy every neighborhood they infest, they make American neighborhoods look like war zones from a WWII movie.
"Of course there's something wrong with him, he's a negro"
mortimerrandolph.jpg

Forum List

Back