Why does the United States have the largest prison population in the world ?

Because there is a culture of entitlement and a lack of respect for the law, and the enforcement thereof.
With Uncle Sam constantly breaking international laws as their mentor, who can blame them ?

I'm sorry, but the toddler response of "It's their fault that I'm a bad person!" does not work with me. You are responsible for you. When you pay people to fake a hate crime, and send death threat letters to yourself, and blame others.... that just makes you a criminal, and you deserve to be in prison.

You have no one to blame for your incompetence, but you.

And that goes for me as well. When I've screwed up, and I've had to pay a price for my mistakes, there was no one to blame but me. Thankfully I had a father who taught me that. Did you?

prison_bitch-3.jpg

Simple.

She puts too many people away for token crimes (like drug possession/sale to adults) and she puts those who commit serious crimes away for not nearly long enough.

Additionally, inmates are not separated - thus, criminals learn how to be better criminals from more seasoned criminals.

Put violent criminals away for MUCH longer, make recreational drugs/gambling/prostitution all legal and separate all criminals from each other while incarcerated.

You do all that...the crime rate and those incarcerated will drop substantially.

The African country could get a bunch of laborers and some much needed US currency. If a violent inner city gangbanger knew there was a good chance he could serve his sentence in a stinking prison labor camp in Darfur he might think twice before he murdered his cousin for his Nikes.

Or, they could just eat them. :muahaha:

We don’t rehabilitate.

Why do you assume we can? My problem with "rehabilitation" is the assumption that people can be rehabilitated. I don't buy it.

I think the people who are generally moral at heart, end up not committing crime again after paying their price, and the people who are not, are not, and never will be. They will end up back in prison, no matter what we do to 'rehabilitate' them.

Every 6th grade class should take field trips to their local prisons as required education.
They used to call it scared straight, and it works.

We don’t rehabilitate.

Why do you assume we can? My problem with "rehabilitation" is the assumption that people can be rehabilitated. I don't buy it.

I think the people who are generally moral at heart, end up not committing crime again after paying their price, and the people who are not, are not, and never will be. They will end up back in prison, no matter what we do to 'rehabilitate' them.
Seems to work in other countries.

Every 6th grade class should take field trips to their local prisons as required education.
They used to call it scared straight, and it works.

It did work for some time back in the 70's, but then word got around it was all an act, so they discontinued the program.

Because there is a culture of entitlement and a lack of respect for the law, and the enforcement thereof.
With Uncle Sam constantly breaking international laws as their mentor, who can blame them ?

Uncle Sam is not their mentor. The guy who walks around with a roll of 100 dollar bills because he's a pusher is their mentor. The guy singing the rap song about killing cops is their mentor. The guy dressed like a 50's movie star who pimps girls is their mentor.

We over criminalize
Bullshit.
We need to follow the law and keep criminals in prison for much, much longer.

The Kim Jongs and the Castros agree with you
Bullshit they do. You are the Kim Jongs and the Castros. You don't change the laws to make criminality criminal. People aren't applying the system, that's why it's not working. If you apply the system we have the way it's supposed to be applied, the people who cormmit crimes are put away for a long time. And people behave themselves, if the courts work.

BTW Hitler agrees with you. He maintained that people committed murder because it wasn't legal to murder people. So he made it legal.

Same with the Kim Jongs and the Castros.

BTW, Taz, you should read more. For real. I think you've been posting here for about 10 years, and while you've become slightly more intelligent, your stubborn refusal to seek out any sort of knowledge aside from that thrust upon you remains glaringly apparent.

Forum List

Back